Frequent and consistent lag spikes

Ever since the 3.0 release I have been having consistent lag spikes, to around 300-400 and then falling back to 50-60. I dont have issues with any of my other games and am running on a wired connection. Here is my WinMTR logs (https://pastebin.com/TrEeHyqT). I have also tried playing on other regional servers to no avail.

Last bumped on Jan 23, 2018, 9:48:25 PM
Hi, i have also have some issues since the patch 3.0 and 3.0B constant spikes of ping as high as 7.1k of ping that causes delays, back tracking on the phat and constant disconnections from the server please can you attend to this. (i know you will) because i have waitting to play this patch from monts ago.

best regards.
From the logs it looks like it purely on the network layer that I am loosing most of my packets which leads me to believe it may be entirely out of my control to fix until this thread is seen. It may be beneficial if you post a WinMTR log as well so as to see if we are both having the same issue, may help with a quicker fix.
Yea ever since the launch of 3.0 I've been having the exact same issue. My ping will suddenly spike then drop again. This wouldn't be a big deal if it wasn't so consistent. I've run several tests and I also play League of Legends with absolutely no problems so I'm pretty positive it's not on my end.
Same. Lost 3 to this chars in HC, probably around 15 hours of playtime already.
I'm so fking mad, the last RIP I was full setup with tabula and everything ready to push easily 80-85 today, and then nope, game freezes, I press my logout macro button (f3) so you can imagine it took under a second, log back in to a char in standard. Done with this shit, wasting so much time and currency to a game that just can't be optimised correctly.
Safe to say it's not my PC as I run any game with over 300 fps, and it's not the internet since I never have spikes in any other game.
So GG.
Also, never happened pre-3.0 and now 3x, 3 chars lost... Very nice. PoE: Fall of MySanity
I just don't understand why more people aren't complaining about this. Consistent lag spikes in an ARPG make for a pretty poor experience. Maybe it's only specific gateways or areas that are getting these spikes? As stated before this was never an issue pre 3.0 so I can only assume it's the heavier traffic on their servers.
http://imgur.com/a/WEFcU
Now I'd love to see an actual answer for this problem, as it is OBVIOUSLY not on my end.
Last edited by PathofMatth on Aug 5, 2017, 2:29:10 PM
it broke!! im having hundreds of ms and its not supposed to be more than 60
Game spikes incredibly hard every 30 secs.

ae5.cbs01.eq01.chi01.networklayer.com
ae1.cbs01.eq01.dal03.networklayer.com

These devices are where I experience 50-70% packet loss.

Any guidance would be appreciated.
Same, never had this issue before. I figured it was because the servers are full, but from watching streamers play, it seems only some people are being affected.

#Three digit /death counter

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info