Constant disconnects when loading zones

This is repeatable on both of my hard drives, all different kinds of video settings, but the problem is mainly with my steam install. The standalone install works most of the time but does eventually crash while zoning.
Well i got a pretty quick response from ggg about this. But seems like they don't know what's causing the problem or when it will be fixed.

"Hey there,

Thank you for getting back to us about this.

We are currently aware of players experiencing crashes when changing into different instances/zones. This is currently a high priority issue as mentioned here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1733474

We are working to fix it as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience while we do so and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you. Unfortunately, we do not yet have a current ETA for an implemented fix.

If you encounter any further issues feel free to contact us again.

Kind regards,
Tom"
"
LillyAnn wrote:
Well i got a pretty quick response from ggg about this. But seems like they don't know what's causing the problem or when it will be fixed.

"Hey there,

Thank you for getting back to us about this.

We are currently aware of players experiencing crashes when changing into different instances/zones. This is currently a high priority issue as mentioned here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1733474

We are working to fix it as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience while we do so and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you. Unfortunately, we do not yet have a current ETA for an implemented fix.

If you encounter any further issues feel free to contact us again.

Kind regards,
Tom"

Because of this issue I had worst gaming experience in whatever game ever.. so annoying to do those big areas again and again or charging quicksilver flask only to get into atlas part as soon as possible..

Because of this issue I had worst gaming experience in whatever game ever.. so annoying to do those big areas again and again or charging quicksilver flask only to get into atlas part as soon as possible..[/quote]

I havnt even been able to make it out of a1 yet. It's just impossible to play and make it anywhere.
Did you try disabling Multithreading? Usually it helps.
I have disconnects in story and the lab but if i map i don't get them at all.
I also have the problems when changing the zone, sometimes even by trying to load the town. I allready tried a new Installation and i also tried to download via this page, but it seems that there is an older Version of the game, so i reinstalled via Steam
"
hard552 wrote:
People, stop thinking that problem in your pc / internet. Its all from GGG side, not yours. 5 days left, still no fix. So bad GGG.

I am pretty certain the issue is RAM / Hard Disk / Memory related, not a server issue on GGG's end.

To prove this hypothesis, you can zone between two areas you already have loaded into memory (town to hideout) back and forth multiple times, and you should never disconnect. It's only once the game tries to load new assets that it causes the 'unexpected disconnection'.

Interestingly enough, once you log back in, the zone will load instantly, because it is now fully in memory. This might not be the exact issue that everyone else is experiencing, but it sounds like it.
"
Skatesrage wrote:
"
hard552 wrote:
People, stop thinking that problem in your pc / internet. Its all from GGG side, not yours. 5 days left, still no fix. So bad GGG.

I am pretty certain the issue is RAM / Hard Disk / Memory related, not a server issue on GGG's end.

To prove this hypothesis, you can zone between two areas you already have loaded into memory (town to hideout) back and forth multiple times, and you should never disconnect. It's only once the game tries to load new assets that it causes the 'unexpected disconnection'.

Interestingly enough, once you log back in, the zone will load instantly, because it is now fully in memory. This might not be the exact issue that everyone else is experiencing, but it sounds like it.

Yes, that's supposed to be the pattern.

DC when loading an area for the first time. But occurs 8/10 when loading to town from Character Select or any area.

I can't freaking do my normal lab to be a Zerker. What a pain in the ass. It makes me not want to play anymore. 30 DCs in an hour LOL!!!!!!!
Leagues Played: Breach | Legacy | Betrayal | Synthesis (with SSD!!!)
Ascendancies Played: Elementalist | Inquisitor | Raider | Pathfinder | Chieftain | Assassin
Next Asceendancies to Play: Occultist | Duelist ascendancy
"
Skatesrage wrote:
"
hard552 wrote:

I am pretty certain the issue is 3.0 update, mine specs didnt changed that this time.
Any player can design a build that works,
but it takes a casual player to design a build that barely works.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info