Constant disconnects when loading zones

"
assamite1 wrote:
"
Skatesrage wrote:
"
hard552 wrote:
People, stop thinking that problem in your pc / internet. Its all from GGG side, not yours. 5 days left, still no fix. So bad GGG.

I am pretty certain the issue is RAM / Hard Disk / Memory related, not a server issue on GGG's end.

To prove this hypothesis, you can zone between two areas you already have loaded into memory (town to hideout) back and forth multiple times, and you should never disconnect. It's only once the game tries to load new assets that it causes the 'unexpected disconnection'.

Interestingly enough, once you log back in, the zone will load instantly, because it is now fully in memory. This might not be the exact issue that everyone else is experiencing, but it sounds like it.

I am pretty certain the issue is 3.0 update, mine specs didnt changed that this time.

same, before 3.0 is no issue. nice GGG
Loading from an area to another from act 1 to act 4 was fine for me until I reached act 5. It was totally unplayable. It was just like how Skatesrage said. The first time trying to load into a zone I always ended up disconnecting from the server. Then I tried putting up portals wherever i go but noticed that the portal disappeared once I got logout and logged in again. (I dont remember portal closed that fast once you logout? I thought I should have time to get back to it.) That was really frustrating as I had to run the area again, even more frustrating that sometimes the area was so big :/

Really hyped for 3.0 but now the gameplay experience is just so bad :/
"
Skatesrage wrote:
"
hard552 wrote:
People, stop thinking that problem in your pc / internet. Its all from GGG side, not yours. 5 days left, still no fix. So bad GGG.

I am pretty certain the issue is RAM / Hard Disk / Memory related, not a server issue on GGG's end.

To prove this hypothesis, you can zone between two areas you already have loaded into memory (town to hideout) back and forth multiple times, and you should never disconnect. It's only once the game tries to load new assets that it causes the 'unexpected disconnection'.

Interestingly enough, once you log back in, the zone will load instantly, because it is now fully in memory. This might not be the exact issue that everyone else is experiencing, but it sounds like it.

Nice theory but the problem is also by loading the town, even if you where there several times in this session. And i also had it when i allready entered a new zone and then got back to it via portal
"
Skatesrage wrote:
"
hard552 wrote:

Doubt that.

Memory leaks do not cause disconnects, but crash the game. You need to remember that if your RAM reaches a critical point, it will just shut down the program, as no more memory can be allocated. The system will also start becoming unstable if RAM is not sufficient or the HDD is stressed.

This is not what we see at POE.

We have authentication errors, which means that the server we connect to, just times out and we are back to the log in screen. Another reason for that assumption is the fact, that we can move to another server and play for hours just fine.

Why the authentication is bugged I don´t know, but based on experience with other games I assume they are just unable to handle the huge amount of connections.

3.0 is like a brand new game, many people came back for it and GGG did underestimate the amount of players I suppose.

And even if we assume you are right and it´s a problem with the game and how it utilizes Ram or HDD´s, it´s still on GGG to fix that. Their program is causing the problems, it´s their job to fix that.
GGG please, how long do we have to wait till fix? your game is unplayable for so many people right now, do something!
My situation update. Was up at 400am loaded game and instantly crashed. I should have quit then but stupidly I logged back on. It's the same pattern but with added lag.

The pattern is the exact same as reported by the other players. Going into a new situation you will most likely crash the first time. 2nd time game pops open with blazing speed. Alas there comes a time when you have to leave that instance but either backtrack all the way to the last portal or take your chances with a portal spell. If you use the spell you will crash.

Of course you have to start from the last portal and need I go on. I had scheduled to play today about 6 hours. I've given up.

GGG your lovely new game is unplayable. Oh will, go fig.
Up
Same Problem here,

cant finish Act5 at the Moment. Always Crash when loading the Kitava-Zone.

Act 1 - 4 works fine.

This is really frustrating.
would've been better if they actually replied to this thread but they didnt but this is something I guess.. so dont lose hope lol

but then again.. the keyword here is "some players" meaning "minority" so..
Last edited by msterry on Aug 10, 2017, 9:09:30 AM
I lied. After a break for several hours I went back after reading the forums. I turned down all my graphic settings to the lowest possible. I turned off multi threading. Dynamic Resolution had been shut three days ago.

Looked horrible not the graphic beauty it was before. Logged on crashed. Logged on again ok, whew made it to town. Went to fight ole dom. Started on at way point. Crashed. Loaded again ok, fought three floor to the top, went on top crashed.

Reloaded and went back to town, went to tower. Game didn't remember me so fought all three floors up again. Went to fight dom at the top crashed.

Reloaded town, went to tower, game didn't remember me. Fought all the way to the top again. Crashed.
Gave up.

Would I recommend this game? Not to a friend for sure.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info