[3.3] BloodFlurry (18+ mill dps), Instant Leech, Inc. Hardcore Version (Elder/Shaper/Guardians/Uber)

i mostly do nasty corrupted maps.
for most bosses i use fortify instead of ruthless because otherwise they 1shot me
sometimes i even use increased aoe instead of conc effect so i can dodge better and hit from further away. also i cant use frost bomb, seems to only be good for vaal and izaro type of bosses
https://pastebin.com/GchJYLkR

wondering how much i would have to pay for upgrades.
should i only use res/life jewels so i can focus more on dmg on gear ?
also when should i use ele weakness and when punishment ?

also maybe some advice on crafting a claw, since im a complete beginner with attack builds
Last edited by lightdarkness on Sep 24, 2017, 9:15:17 AM
Hello, can you guide or help on what priority Stats to look for when crafting the claw? thanks in advance!
This build is the strongest I've seen. Very impressive. There's no need to include fake DPS numbers like 176m when that's not achievable in any situation that matters.

For the perfect gear PoB, the real DPS versus shaper is close to 53m, not 176m.

• DPS versus white level 1 mobs is meaningless. For high DPS mobs, Shaper DPS is a much better way to compare builds. Shaper, Guardians, and Uber Atziri are the only mobs where such high DPS matters. Set the boss mode to "Shaper/Guardians" (matters a lot) and the enemy level to 84 (a miniscule difference since your hit chance is great). This brings the 176m down to 77m.
  • For completeness, it'll take an average of 1/3 of a second to get bleed going (1 / 9.9 prot aps / 0.30 chance to bleed). With bad gear, this doesn't matter because the fight will last long enough that the 1/3s rampup time won't matter. For great gear, this means that bloodlust isn't really doing much and the average kill time would be lower with ruthless (even without always cycling to the big hits), elemental focus, main, etc. Let's ignore this.
  • There are similar issues with the rampup of frenzy charges and onslaught, but let's ignore them too.
  • The shock effects are vastly overstated. I see no shock effect on the tree, so a crit will give 50%*avgLightDmg/20m (using 20m as a round number for Shaper's health). At maximum shock (if it was possible), there'd be just under 20k avg dmg per hit, based on the calcs tab in PoB (skill hit dmg, lighting column, average of the bottom row). This means that shock will provide 5% more damage, not 50% more damage. The first hit (with no existing shock) would give subsequent hits 50%*((8760+18071)/2)/20,000,000 = 0.03% more dmg (not 3%), or in other words basically nothing. This means that in practice, shock isn't providing any meaningful DPS because it'll never have a chance to ramp up. Removing the shock checkbox drops the DPS from 77m to 53m.

If we fix the PoB configuration for the GG harbinger gear pastebin (lvl 84, shaper boss, no shock), we get 18m DPS vs. Shaper (not 49.9m).

Using watchframebyframe.com on the shaper extinction video, Shaper loses his ES at 0:12:04. His health bar disappears at 00:13:57, and the loot appears at 00:13:60 (the sub second number is in 1/100 of a second, not 1/60). This means the actual DPS delivered was 20,190,261 / (13.57 - 12.04) = 13.2m. That seems reasonable given that it's quite hard to tap the mouse button 100% optimally with blade flurry, the video was presumably not done with all mirror-grade gear, and who knows when bloodlust kicked in.
2.6 BLS Berserker budget shaper farmer build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1882710
Last edited by MoldyDwarf on Sep 24, 2017, 1:03:17 PM
1. Why do you go with Ascendant instead of Berserker? I feel like Berserker is just way stronger for bosses and a Blade Flurry build is pretty much focusing on that since you wouldn't choose that skill if you wanted to map, there are much better AoE clear skills.

2. Why do you go with claws when Sword and Dagger nodes are better?

3. Why don't you get better resists on rares and fit a Carcass Jack in the build which gives up to 50% inc. AoE dmg?

4. I read on the Wiki that BF uses the MH then OH so why are people saying the Moonbender's Wing Tomahawk's stats don't matter?

5. I really don't understand how much you focus on reducing the reflected damage you take since your build is a boss killer... Apart from Atziri's reflect I don't see any reason for that.

6. I think Shaper's Touch gloves are better than most if not all Spiked Gloves or am I missing something?

Overall I feel like you just tried to be hipster and pick Ascendant and Claws instead of something more optimal for a BF build which would be better with the Berserker Ascendancy and Swords, please prove me wrong.
"
Beastoeast wrote:
1. Why do you go with Ascendant instead of Berserker? I feel like Berserker is just way stronger for bosses and a Blade Flurry build is pretty much focusing on that since you wouldn't choose that skill if you wanted to map, there are much better AoE clear skills.

2. Why do you go with claws when Sword and Dagger nodes are better?

3. Why don't you get better resists on rares and fit a Carcass Jack in the build which gives up to 50% inc. AoE dmg?

4. I read on the Wiki that BF uses the MH then OH so why are people saying the Moonbender's Wing Tomahawk's stats don't matter?

5. I really don't understand how much you focus on reducing the reflected damage you take since your build is a boss killer... Apart from Atziri's reflect I don't see any reason for that.

6. I think Shaper's Touch gloves are better than most if not all Spiked Gloves or am I missing something?

Overall I feel like you just tried to be hipster and pick Ascendant and Claws instead of something more optimal for a BF build which would be better with the Berserker Ascendancy and Swords, please prove me wrong.

1. Ascendant is the most optimal class for this build. It provides you with more damage and makes you reflect proof. This build is designed to do both mapping and end-game bosses. Beserker would give you less damage and you would end up taking 10% MORE damage from all sources.

2. Claw nodes are more optimal for this build, they were actually buffed quite recently.

3. You can use Carcass Jack if you prefer, it's an optional armour. The build is flexible enough for you to make your own changes.

4. BladeFlurry does not alternate weapons in this specific setup. You can NOT use axes with bladeflurry and thus it will only use the main-hand claw while still keeping the dual-wield bonus. The only stats that actually affect you with the Moonbender's wing is the physical to elemental conversion (and also Culling strike because it's a global modifier), all of the other stats do not matter.

5. This build is both for mapping and end-game bossing. Reflect can easily kill you in one hit, and thus we are reflect safe with the current setup. The scion class offers us the most optimal damage and defense.

6. Shaper's touch gloves are good, however, a decent pair of spiked gloves are better. They can provide you with more damage, more life and more resistances.

7. Claws combined with the scion ascendancy is the most optimal for this build. You can test this via PoB, or test it in practice. You can do your own homework and compare the numbers, all of the data is provided.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Sep 24, 2017, 4:45:08 PM
I have been messing with several flasks, and am curious to what is actually the best combination for regular mapping and then boss kills. I also always tend to have one life flask. I have heard a great combo is using sin's and Atziri's together.

Hi, Zabosnu

Thank you for the decent build, I am now enjoying it as my second character at lv87 in the Harbinger league.

I currently have a few questions about gem setup/gear upgrade and hope to hear from you about them.

First, how is 'damage on full life' support gem work with this build? How stable is the damage buff when fighting with harbingers and bosses? Have you considered replacing it with Maim gem for more stable damage buffs?

Second, I am now using the unique claw Touch of anguish and the damage is no problem for t 11-12 maps (highest tier I have for now). I am not sure how much further I can go with it. What kind of rare claw would you recommend to replace it(like how much pDPS)? I imported a rare claw with pDPS ~330 (also have some elemental dmg and the total dps is around 400) into the path of building and seems it does not improve the dmg much. The model claw I used does not have crit chance/multiplier on it, not sure if that matters more or less than the plain pDPS of claws.

Third, do you have an idea about how much aps should a good claw have for this build? I feel the aps of claw not only boost dmg, but also boost survivability as you can faster finish channeling and release the additional strike.

At last, how do you think about the abyssus unique helmet? It provides huge dmg boost (like 170% for my current gear and tree setup), but the +40% physical dmg taken looks terrifying. I used to get one shot a lot (stilling get one shot by the shockwave of uber izaro with 5000hp) and now spec some points to acrobatics to improve survivability (somehow I feel it is much more helpful than I expected)during leveling. So do you think this helmet a valid part of the build? If yes, when is the right timing for using it?

Thanks and have a nice week.
IGN: MidNightess
"
SkyeonSo wrote:
Hello, can you guide or help on what priority Stats to look for when crafting the claw? thanks in advance!

You can have up to 3 prefixes and 3 suffixes. The following stats are the best mods to get on an item-lvl 83 Imperial Claw (Tiers 1-3 on any of these):

Prefix:
1. 170-179 %Increased Physical Damage
2. 20-27 to 41-49 Adds # to # Physical Damage
3. 75-79/135-169 %Increased Physical Damage / + To Accuracy Rating

Suffix:
1. 35-38 %Increased Critical Strike Chance
2. 35-38 %Global Critical Strike Multiplier
3. 26-27 %Increased Attack Speed

For more information visit the following site:

http://poeaffix.net/1h-claw.html#/
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Sep 24, 2017, 8:28:44 PM
Just completed Uber lab :), loving this build it shredded him in under a second.
Got ToH, so what next?
My current character https://pastebin.com/heKDBi3E

I can destroy white monsters on any tier and most t 11- t12 bosses as well.
"
"
cdgamer wrote:
What Acendancy should I aim for first, The Witch (elementalist), or get to the Ranger (raider) and Path of Ranger first

If you want to be safer (or if you are playing HC) then get Elementalist first, otherwise go Raider/PathOfRanger first.

Thx, Im thinking of going raider first since my defenses are high right now, Im useing fortify since i like it more than ruthless. I don't mind loseing the Damage for defenses. I just hit Act 5 and all my resists are around 60% currently.

Plus i Have another question, how much of a lose if I drop Sleight of Hand for Nullification. Oh im playing on Harbinger SC (Xbox 1 version of the game)?

I been doing one thing differently than you said about just socketing Blade Flurry and use Sunder till 70ish level. I have been useing Blade Flurry pre-70ish and it been killing things fast even at that lower level. It got me past the fist Lab quite easily for my first 2 points with i put into the stat nodes rather than stat and passive point since it will take 3 Labs to get Path of Ranger anyways. (Xbox 1 version don't have weapon Swap)

My current setup:
Blade Flurry - Elemental Damage with Attacks, Melee Physical Damage, and Fortify
Orb of Storms - Curse on Hit, Elemental Weakness
Ancestral Protector - Culling Strike (to see how it works before i corrupt my Moonbender)
Ice Golem or Lightning Golem, Hatred and Herald of Fire.

I don't have my Vaal Haste yet.

I am curious if my corruptiion of my Moonbender goes wrong can Culling Strikes replace Damage on Full Life and still do well or is it a big lose of Damage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info