Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath and the Harbinger League launch tomorrow!

Was I the only one who was hyped for the lore ?
"
Stuhr wrote:
ive been using my torrent client for years now, so i dont think i have to do that since its been done years ago

How do we supposed to know that? The only thing you've said is "i have 300/300 connection, i set to unlimited everything and the torrent wont even start, so thanks for that advice". And that "so thanks for that advice". Just because you're frustrated, doesn't mean you have to be rude to other people.
Last edited by Thoian on Aug 4, 2017, 6:24:44 AM
"
Ukanta wrote:
Anyone know if this work for Steam users?

to quote myself:

"
Qarlynd wrote:
"
gasparoto1 wrote:
can we use the torrent file and paste it in the steam folder? any GGG admin can confirm it please? cheers

As far as I understand, steam will allways load the whole content.ggpk, when there is a patch regarding it.

The file we get through the torrent is not the complete content.ggpk as far as i understand and there still is 1-3 gb left to patch.
This means the torrent does not help steam becuase steam will download the complete content.ggpk anyway.

For refference, my current content.ggpk is roughly 11.9 GB, quite some diffrence to the 7 GB of the torrent

Also look here,
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6riqq9/forum_announcements_path_of_exile_the_fall_of/

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
It won't work with Steam, unfortunately.
Last edited by Qarlynd on Aug 4, 2017, 6:30:59 AM
"
Qarlynd wrote:
For refference, my current content.ggpk is roughly 11.9 GB, quite some diffrence to the 7 GB of the torrent
Your ggpk is just fragmented. Also note that torrent is ggpk.zip so the real ggpk is actually more than 7Gb.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
we better have to use beta client.or the old client?

thx guys
"
Thoian wrote:
"
Stuhr wrote:
ive been using my torrent client for years now, so i dont think i have to do that since its been done years ago

How do we supposed to know that? The only thing you've said is "i have 300/300 connection, i set to unlimited everything and the torrent wont even start, so thanks for that advice". And that "so thanks for that advice". Just because you're frustrated, doesn't mean you have to be rude to other people.

and why do you assume im some dumb retard who doesnt know the basics of internet?
why do you assume the torrents not starting must be my fault, not the fault of the huge leecher count?
only thing that frustrates me, are the advices from ppl like you, that doesnt rly know how it works but will add thier 3 cents anyways
Last edited by Stuhr on Aug 4, 2017, 6:48:24 AM
"
Thoian wrote:
Thx for the torrent, 7gb in 43 mins and seeding now. I have a few questions:
- from what I've read, I don't need beta client anymore and I can uninstall it, right? What about the character I have in beta? Will I lost it? I presume I will because I play beta with Steam client but 2.x still with the main client.
- what about currency stash tab? will it be expanded to new currency?

- I would keep the beta client until you've got the new standard client up and running i.e. wait a few more hours before getting rid of it. As for the character, all beta characters and everything you have in the beta will be wiped. Nothing is kept. This applies regardless of whether you use Steam or not - game betas never carry over to launch.

- They've already revealed the updated currency stash tab. Yes, it has slots for all the new currency and yes, you'll get your tab updated to it automatically (and, more importantly, for free).
"
silumit wrote:
"
Qarlynd wrote:
Your ggpk is just fragmented. Also note that torrent is ggpk.zip so the real ggpk is actually more than 7Gb.

not realy fragmented as far as windows sees it,

ok i took the false value for the torrent it is actualy the unziped torrent content.ggpk, 8,235,450 KB = 7.854 GB , my bad.

There is still the comment from BEX on reddit and the aditinal patching of 1-3 GB
Last edited by Qarlynd on Aug 4, 2017, 6:51:07 AM
BTW any news about rewards for the last Run ? )

As an old player of this game, my advice to all the newbies is to wait. Don't try starting as soon as the servers are up. GGG, for some reason, believes in being extremely ambitious with its launches (and, for that matter, patches) and so minimizes the downtime to an extremely short period compared to most games. For patches, they've been amazingly successful. For major content additions, not so much. So expect a lot of hassle getting in the game on launch. I'd advise giving it at least a few hours before trying to play. The server backlog and any issues that crop up should be sorted by then. Don't worry, you aren't competing in a race here (and if you are, well, you're likely not a new player).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info