[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

"
Syche22 wrote:
Lol wanting to come back to my favorite build(granted witch was my favorite class for it) and people are fixing the hell out of the price of astra atm. Guess I'll have to watch it like a hawk and grab it on the low end. Need all the money I can save for that darn kaoms.

What's the health like pre kaom's? Do I just use a belly before it? I'm on hardcore so not sure how its going to go.

Kaom's gives me slightly over 1000 hp. I tried a Belly (iirc it was 36%?) and it gave me about 400 hp. That's compared to this armor that I wore when I started mapping:

Small update:

I wanted to do everything at lv 92 as usual for the videos, but GGG is in no hurry to fix the crashes. And since this is a 'free xp' league (Beachhead map gives absolutely retarded amounts of xp), I leveled to 95 to check out what the 3 levels can do.

The amount of life from the small 5% nodes was really underwhelming: about 130 hp with Kaom's per node. So I grabbed another jewel socket (between Witch and Shadow), and that gave me 1k extra tooltip. So, 400 hp vs 1k dmg. For a SC league it's a no-brainer, I went with the damage, and I like it. With 10k tooltip, if the Shaper doesn't go into the Portal or Bubble phase as his first or second animation, i.e. stays in my pre-stacked 14x Icestorms and attacks me, the fight is over in less than 10 sec. LOL.

Tried HoGM 2 more times. It's not so bad, with a few minor changes (including re-coloring boots RGBB, but that's trivial), if you just pull them 1 by 1. But it's a retarded crashfest. In 2 maps, I had 3 client crashes with an error message about loading some sword graphic resource, and they both ended in an instance crash at the end of the 2nd wing when I killed some lv 94 cycloner named LivingSnacks. And I think that's also exactly who crashed my 1st attempt last week. I'll try again. Each GM is supposed to have about 50% chance to spawn, so maybe I won't get him eventually. Other than that, I only had 1 death. It's doable if it doesn't crash. Just slower and not nearly as much fun as the Yolo Faceroll with the 2.5 CI version.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Aug 30, 2017, 2:00:24 AM
Hey all

Well after 3 tries tonight I completed my first ever uber lab , have to give thanks to this build i did it painstakingly with 3,132 life. Was tough but i got it now i can work on farming rares so i can build up my chaos stores to get a kaoms heart. and continue to 90 :D

First of all, Nice guide. Well written and easy to follow.

Quick question, I understand that belly is a cheaper alternative to Kaom.

If I were to use belly, would you recommend any skill to use into those socket ? Since it allow at least 4sl without breaking the piggy bank.

Thanks
Wow, just switched to this at lvl 39....should be called the BOSS MELTER. Finally having used the set up, I see that the AoE nodes aren't needed. Can't wait to start putting on some real gear.
"
Songoshin wrote:
If I were to use belly, would you recommend any skill to use into those socket ? Since it allow at least 4sl without breaking the piggy bank.

If you use a Belly, you can have a 5L curse link (CWDT - BL - CoH - Enfeeble - Blind) and bring back the high lv CWDT - Immortal Call - Inc Duration - Flame Golem from the old version. Plus you will have extra sockets for the Purities without swapping gems.
Hi!

sitting at lvl 85 now, with 5234 hp, 1251 int and 6365 avg hit on ice storm,

my gems are only lvl 19 so im guessing getting about around 8k+ when they get qualitied up to 20/20 ?

i done minotaur, phoenix and hydra already havent got my hands on a chimera, sure the maps were not rared since i never done the fights before so i wanted to check them up so didnt have to use any resists flasks like 3 cold flasks vs hydra but rareing them up im guessing i have to do that but i want more dmg first.

also missing still the jewel slot above with so missing 7% max life there

so thanks for guide again kelvynn :)
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Songoshin wrote:

If you use a Belly, you can have a 5L curse link (CWDT - BL - CoH - Enfeeble - Blind) and bring back the high lv CWDT - Immortal Call - Inc Duration - Flame Golem from the old version. Plus you will have extra sockets for the Purities without swapping gems.

Was wondering since blind moves out of Orb + Arcane combo ... that 2 slots could be CoH + Flammability ? Wouldn't that be more benefit than adding the 2 purity that can't be activated ?

Thanks again
"
Songoshin wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Songoshin wrote:

Was wondering since blind moves out of Orb + Arcane combo ... that 2 slots could be CoH + Flammability ? Wouldn't that be more benefit than adding the 2 purity that can't be activated ?

Thanks again

Don't move Blind out of the Orb link, just add another copy to the 5L CWDT. That way pretty much everything will be Blind most of the time.

You can't have a 2nd curse, unless you swap one ring for Doedre's Damning. Flammability is an option, but endgame bosses have 80% curse mitigation, so it's not really that good for bosses, and trash already melts quickly.

You can play around with this stuff when you have so many sockets without Kaom's. But I can't think of a really good use for all those extra sockets.
Awesome, awesome guide, as usual.

I was a big fan of your Witch-based version, pre-3.0.

How much of that stuff can transfer over to this Life-based Marauder version?

Obviously the belt won't be a crystal belt anymore, etc... but say I've got a Witch in Standard still using all WI setup that you made a guide for pre-3.0 (including Astramentis, etc.)

How much of that might transfer over to this version? Or would it be better to just go hunt for/buy/craft the high-life versions instead (rings, belt, etc.)?

Thanks for all the insight, as always!
Last edited by Baloosh on Aug 31, 2017, 9:05:46 AM
Good build,shaper down at lvl 90.Inteligence 1394 6.4k hp.thanks for this build.Can u tell me if Uber atziri is viable?
Last edited by WhiSpers10 on Aug 30, 2017, 4:14:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info