[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

"
Lynkeus_ wrote:
Can I ask that if I can use 3 Grand Spectrum instead of Izaro's? Is there a specific reason we choose Iazro as jewel?

Cuz Izaro can give us up to 50% increased fire/ice damage per jewel, a lot more than the Grand Spectrums.
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
Lynkeus_ wrote:
Can I ask that if I can use 3 Grand Spectrum instead of Izaro's? Is there a specific reason we choose Iazro as jewel?

Cuz Izaro can give us up to 50% increased fire/ice damage per jewel, a lot more than the Grand Spectrums.

Thanks for answer. How about Masters. Which ones we should invite our Hideout? Any specific ones we should choose?
"
nothingtoxic wrote:
"
quicksixteen wrote:

why 100 res cap? can you elaborate? im capped at (from what i know) 75% is that not enough?

75 is cap, but having 100 uncapped makes it so you can do ele weakness maps w/o dropping under if i remember correctly

That's exactly right. On maps with ele weakness and +elemental damage, you can be taking 4X normal damage w/o 100 resists, rather than just 2x
"
Lynkeus_ wrote:

Thanks for answer. How about Masters. Which ones we should invite our Hideout? Any specific ones we should choose?

You should invite Masters that can help You craft Your rare gear
Boots, gloves - Haku, Catarina (up to 30 intelligence)
rings -Elreon
Belt - Tora
sockets - Vorici
and of course Zana
"Je sens que je suis libre,
mais je sais que je ne le suis pas”
―Emil Mihai Cioran
hi kel

can you explain why you dont take the 10% increased fire dmg over fire walker
If i remember correct in the witch build we take this?

Your boss guides are really really good. Help me a lot.

The most annoying thing is in combination with my sometimes lasyness that in indoor areas i cant see the mobs til i run into and thats one of the things i die. Boss is mostly no problem.

Is there a trick to deal better with the light radius ?

minotaur down and if i get the maps i try the other 3.

thanks for explaining the boss mechanic in detail i dont know some of the attacks.
Thanks for the guide! Does anyone use AOE nodes, or do they take up too many spots for jewels/life nodes? The tree is right next to them all so I just don't know why we don't snag'em.
The guides are fully updated. Lab, T16, Shaper for now. The crash in Alluring Abyss is still not fixed, so no Uber Atziri yet.

"
Kharn7 wrote:
I was wondering how do you get 5.22 duration on icestorm? I just picked up Potency of Will but i only have 3.7 second and i don't see any more duration on your tree. How do you get to this point?

Icestorm duration scales with Int. Your Int must be too low.

"
quicksixteen wrote:
This build does not work.

The amount of life is so low that it is one shot by absolutely everything in a plain core map. In no way is it viable for all content, and it should not be titled as so. This does not mean that all content is impossible to clear, but if you never get hit then ANY build can clear core Malichai with 4k life. And I mean the little attacks that hit instantly that can't be avoided, not the slams that can.

You must be doing something terribly wrong, but I'm not going to bother finding out what, since this build does not work, for you that is. ;)

"
HanibAAAl wrote:
Finally beat Shaper after 5 tries. The first four fails were because I really didnt know how to fight him. Once I learned how to manage vortex balls it was easy. Also the Golden balls attack kept one shotting me when I was next to Shaper.

Grats!

If he shot the golden balls at you then you were not really next to him. He doesn't use that attack when you are in his melee range.

The Shaper has just been added to the Boss Guide, with all the details.

"
sxkcans wrote:
I know your berserker gets 10k avg hit but what is a good amount to aim for on other classes?

That would depend on the class. They all have something else to compensate for the 40% MORE dmg on the Berserker. But generally, 7-8k tooltip was Ok for the other versions of the build in 2.6.

"
Zaraxia wrote:
Hands down the only reason I'm going to follow this build is the music in your video's :D

That's as good as any other reason! ;)
#TranceFamily

"
battousaii wrote:
Any tips on beating Hall of Grandmasters? I can farm shapers just fine, but for some reason this map gave me issues lol.

I tried it a couple times, but it's soooo buggy. Too many client crashes for my taste, and eventually the instance crashed too. This seems to be the state of HoGM after every major patch.

Some observations:

1. There are like 20 mull_gubben clones there now, since he posted his full build. CI + Tempest Shield users that are virtually unkillable with hit damage. Yeah, people actually pay $500 to show everybody just how lame and unoriginal they are. :) Dealing with one mull_gubben wasn't hard, it was covered in the old version's Boss Guide. But now those lame mull clones are everywhere, you can expect them in every other wave at random, mixed in with all other random builds. So swapping the weapon that often is not really good. I simply went with an SR totem (SR - totem - burning dmg - EF) to pop near me and fry anything that LW's to me. It helps against some other builds as well.

2. Chaos damage is a total bitch now. With CI I never noticed it, and there are not many chaos users there, but you have to be wary of them. I got my ass handed to me by a lv 100 Caustic Arrow build (LibrittaniaES) at first. Two big problems: a) we don't need much chaos res for anything else, so your chaos res typically is -40% with this build; b) DoTs drain your mana via MoM and you run out of mana instantly against the chaos builds. I had to swap both rings to kill it:

This fixes the chaos res and makes SR free to cast. But it's not good against the non-chaos builds.

3. YOLO steamrolling it, 2.5 style, is not a good idea anymore. Our EHP is lower, chaos hurts, and most importantly, the GMs got updated again and most of them use Ascendancies and recent ability/gem buffs heavily now. They are stronger than before. I also suspect GGG failed to tune PvP scaling properly on some skills. Example: there is an Ice Trapper there that throws a cluster of traps at you and they trigger almost instantly, there is no surviving that if he manages to throw them before he dies. And some crit archers do way too much damage, from off-screen.

YOLO is too rippy. There is just too much rock-paper-scissors for this build there now. So then you have to use the 'chicken pull' tactics: trigger a wave, FD away, pull and kill them 1 by 1. I cleared 2 wings that way before the instance crashed, but it took way too long.

4. You need flasks, and there is only 1 way to keep them refilled: Ryslatha (pantheon).

I'll definitely look at HoGM again, but it's currently not a good target for this build.

"
JeyP51 wrote:
Btw.: I could kill Atziri too without any crash, didn't attempted Uber Atziri yet.

You don't need to Enfeeble the normal Atziri, and she almost never gets to hit you, so if my suspicion about the curse reflection being the cause of the crashes is right then it explains why the normal Atziri instance doesn't crash.

"
hades2525 wrote:
Can I have a look at your equipment now?

There are snapshots of my gear during leveling (in the Leveling Guide) and at the time of the Shaper video (in Gear - My Gear). My profile is public too, you can see the current stuff on Wizerkinger.

"
Hi i'm following this build but with kitava act 5 and the spider act 7 the skill wouldnt work. i tried to cast it and nothing happened so i died a bunch of times. only scorching ray started the icestorm didnt only with the mobs near the boss but with the boss icestorm wouldnt start,do i need to swap gems or what is going on?

Same as you cannot cast on Izaro until his platform is fully raised. Cast near them, Icestorm is AoE, it will still hit.

"
Lynkeus_ wrote:

I invite Haku first, it's him or Elreon, but Haku mods give more reists, and that's what you are the most likely to need first. The 2nd spot is Vorici because you need to do socketing and coloring. At lv 5 add Elreon and Zana.

"
can you explain why you dont take the 10% increased fire dmg over fire walker
If i remember correct in the witch build we take this?

We didn't take 10% inc dmg nodes even in the old versions. Too small. We just don't have enough skill points to take everything.

"
Is there a trick to deal better with the light radius ?

Light of Divinity should be enough for that. Some maps are just very dark, even without BSC (e.g. Underground Sea).

"
bubblehulk wrote:
Thanks for the guide! Does anyone use AOE nodes, or do they take up too many spots for jewels/life nodes? The tree is right next to them all so I just don't know why we don't snag'em.

The AOE nodes lost their value after the changes in 2.6. They could have been dropped 1 league ago already, and now we totally don't have enough skill points for that.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Aug 29, 2017, 5:45:35 PM
Hello all

Been using the build in harbinger league and so far doing pretty good, but i am curious I see some of you say you have like 1200 int and show a 12-14k dps when looking at my ice storm damage i am only showing 2230 to 6690 fired damage and that is at 1,369 int ! Is there anything that I am doing wrong to not be seeing more dps than that ?.

my profile is open character is Mordthrak give it a look and post any suggestions that you have to help me with the build.

thanks

Sojurne
aka Mordthrak .
"
sojurne wrote:
I see some of you say you have like 1200 int and show a 12-14k dps

Average hit, not DPS. The DPS is orders of magnitude higher.

It's likely what they see in PoB. I imported Wizerkinger and it shows 20k avg hit for him in PoB, while the in-game tooltip in only 10k. PoB shows the damage with all possible effects on, such as Arcane Surge, Elemental Overload, etc. And they probably calculate the actual effect of resist penetration too.

It's a bad idea, it's inconsistent with the game. There is a way to turn off that mode in PoB too, they should make it default. The tooltip in hideout, maybe with the golem but not all the triggered stuff - that's what you should be looking at. Easy to see and compare.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Aug 29, 2017, 7:13:03 PM
Lol wanting to come back to my favorite build(granted witch was my favorite class for it) and people are fixing the hell out of the price of astra atm. Guess I'll have to watch it like a hawk and grab it on the low end. Need all the money I can save for that darn kaoms.

What's the health like pre kaom's? Do I just use a belly before it? I'm on hardcore so not sure how its going to go.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info