[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

"
I have issues like in Grandmaster map now in normal maps.
Did a vault with double boss and the game freeze for 2 min and i must restart and i died.
Then i go another time in the boss room and the same thing take place. my second death.
then i cast only 2 sec and flamedash around and i can kill the two bosses.
Same in a double phantasmorgia. When piety cast the beam (2 pietys) game freeze.

and i have with now 164 maps still only 3 trials. thats bullshit! in game design.
And no i dont buy trials i will be able to do it myself

I am experiencing the same. Had a game freeze after a Port map and a Harbinger spawn.
Tried to capture soul of fragment of winter(waterway boss) for the pantheon of reduced chill effect.

brought a ruby flask plus had purity of fire running, still died to its reflect phase, while it reflects your damage no damage is dealt to it hence you can't leech. Reflect mechanic is so fkn annoying...

was using a 4 linked too to reduce the damage output, but can't control the duration of the blizzard.

did I mention I hate reflect? nevertheless a great build
"
MaxClip wrote:
Tried to capture soul of fragment of winter(waterway boss) for the pantheon of reduced chill effect.

brought a ruby flask plus had purity of fire running, still died to its reflect phase, while it reflects your damage no damage is dealt to it hence you can't leech. Reflect mechanic is so fkn annoying...

was using a 4 linked too to reduce the damage output, but can't control the duration of the blizzard.

did I mention I hate reflect? nevertheless a great build

TIL reflect negats leech. But at any %?
Currently going strong at level 86 and plowing through map up to tier 12 and Atziri with 4.3 hp, 1.7k mana and 1k int. Something I have figure out during 30 hours playtime:

- With the standard 4 links body armor for the CoH Enfeeble setup, we could have Kaom's Root for more hp and stun immunity, which I found important because I feel the Brine King pantheon wasn't enough for me. Further more, we could have Kaom's Heart for a massive hp bonus and the fire damage bonus is good for us too.

- With a 6 links body armor however, we could spend the skill points at some final levels (85 - 95ish) and equip Doedre ring to have tri curses. With 5 links, depend on the color, a second curse like Warlord for extra leech to deal with reflect and endurance charges for a bit more phys dmg reduction or Ele Weakness for extra damage is still great.

- For the ele reflect map mod, I replace Fire Pen with Life Leech, equip Sybil's Lament ring and Yugul pantheon. Those are enough for me to outleech the damage from mobs and reflection.

Is this build beginner friendly? This is my first season with only a week experience in this game.
I still hope for witch version to exist :D even still thinking about it.

Poeplanner: www.poeurl.com/btxz

dropped EB from last theorycrafting. With mediocre gear (inly applied mediocre hp mods and t1 int in gear section) it gets 1200 int, 4563 Life and 3060 Mana. Will need 70+ lightning res.
Last edited by sufferot on Aug 18, 2017, 4:32:21 PM
"
lhuggins1989 wrote:
Is this build beginner friendly? This is my first season with only a week experience in this game.

I would consider it a fun build to play. Probably quite noob friendly, as it is really well explained in the topic.
"
lhuggins1989 wrote:

I have 2 months in game and I have to say that this build is definitely newbie friendly. I followed the build suggestions for early leveling, although I'm not fond of sunder so I used molten strike (along with sunder) until I switched to whispering ice. I farmed the Western Forest to get a 5s staff from the Incantation divination cards. My only trade was for a 6s staff, so my gear is all from drops - gear is very lacking for appropriate stats, but the build is more than enough to make up for it into the 70's (currently 72 and just started doing maps). It's a fun build and for my aging fingers it keeps it simple on the key mashing...
Thanks for the reply. Well i guess i will start leveling this when i get home. Could someone link me some leveling skill-tree's so i go the optimal pathing? I would greatly appreciate it (like level 30, 50, 70 etc)
"
lhuggins1989 wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Well i guess i will start leveling this when i get home. Could someone link me some leveling skill-tree's so i go the optimal pathing? I would greatly appreciate it (like level 30, 50, 70 etc)

All the info you need is in the op and second post.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info