[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

"
FreedomOI wrote:
"
I can only tell you that with staff setup I struggled to reach half the dps off shimmerons on pob. If I would go staff a+3 staff with a lvl 4 Empower is far better then tyrians.

Spoiler
As for your current gear/tree:
-missing the 6th power charge and the 4% node
-a ilvl 85 shaped armor will net you the same dps as soul mantle without the drawback probably more since keeping 4 totems alive in a guardian fight is almost impossible. you can also get 200-270 flatlife resulting 550-700 more ehp out of it, combined with better liferoles on the rest of the gear it will push you out of the 1hit zone(I got 6.4k)
-you will get hit in a guardian fight, the curses further reduce your ehp, even with 80% reduce effect it might be the reason you got 1 shot
- Most important: You arent using a diamond flask! combined with the boot crit enchant that will probably double your dps!
The pandaemonius amy has several advantages on top of the insane dps boost:
-Blind, even without much eva on gear you will evade 45% of the attacks
-Every boss is chilled for 30% no matter how much life he has. If you combine that with a hinder when hit by spells abyss jewel it gets up to 60%. It isnt permafrezze but the next best.
- lots of small stuff which will net probably another 40-50% dps(helm enchant,curse on hit, pen on belt, tree isnt realy optimised...)

I can do guardians if I only hit 1-2 "bad mods" within 10-15 secs, BUT if I alch/vaal and hit 3-5 of the mods the fights get ugly. I will have to focus, recharge flasks and any mistake might kill me, I usually only do that maps shortly after lvl up.

Well I watched your char and he looks very interesting and hope much more stable on guardians. As for me a I have quite different tree taking much more crit chance and I can't stand to move slowly thats why I have rampage gear and + movespeed gear on me although I still feel myself slowpoke (after pathfinder). Also I tried myself in PoB and I have feeling that PoB can't correctly calc damage from Soul Mantle + Self flagelation jewel. I used to have 8-9 curses on me and it is %100+ inc damage. I really like your gems and utilities setup. I was looking for way to not use clarity but Proj Weakness seems like more attractive to me then ele weaknes on your gloves. In the rest your penetration gear looks awesome....gonna try your setup asa I buy "+ to crit" armour and 6link it
Last edited by madziee on Mar 18, 2018, 1:06:36 PM
Is this build work for Freezing pulse ?
"
FreedomOI wrote:
"
LittlebirdMD wrote:
I have about 4 Ex or so farmed up, what would be the best investment of these given my current items to grow in power? I'm not so good at knowing what will give me bigger power spike for my money. Also, how much would I have to tweak my current talent tree to adjust and run the dual shimmeron?

cant see your char, still private

Sorry about that, didn't realize it was private. Should be able to see now.
"
LittlebirdMD wrote:
"
FreedomOI wrote:
"
LittlebirdMD wrote:
I have about 4 Ex or so farmed up, what would be the best investment of these given my current items to grow in power? I'm not so good at knowing what will give me bigger power spike for my money. Also, how much would I have to tweak my current talent tree to adjust and run the dual shimmeron?

cant see your char, still private

Sorry about that, didn't realize it was private. Should be able to see now.

Good news everyone!
I would spend the 4 ex on pandaemonius amy. It realy is about freezing the shit;)
Even if its nets you more paper dps, the boss permafrezze is a huge bonus.

Does it realy matter if a fight takes 4 or 6 seconds, its dead without you have beeing hit. I wrote something on bossfights 2 pages ago.

First goal is having a single hit too freeze;)
Last edited by FreedomOI on Mar 18, 2018, 9:32:51 PM

Is this item any good for this build?
Not sure what to do with it given what I can get for it.
"
madziee wrote:
"
FreedomOI wrote:
"
I can only tell you that with staff setup I struggled to reach half the dps off shimmerons on pob. If I would go staff a+3 staff with a lvl 4 Empower is far better then tyrians.

Spoiler
As for your current gear/tree:
-missing the 6th power charge and the 4% node
-a ilvl 85 shaped armor will net you the same dps as soul mantle without the drawback probably more since keeping 4 totems alive in a guardian fight is almost impossible. you can also get 200-270 flatlife resulting 550-700 more ehp out of it, combined with better liferoles on the rest of the gear it will push you out of the 1hit zone(I got 6.4k)
-you will get hit in a guardian fight, the curses further reduce your ehp, even with 80% reduce effect it might be the reason you got 1 shot
- Most important: You arent using a diamond flask! combined with the boot crit enchant that will probably double your dps!
The pandaemonius amy has several advantages on top of the insane dps boost:
-Blind, even without much eva on gear you will evade 45% of the attacks
-Every boss is chilled for 30% no matter how much life he has. If you combine that with a hinder when hit by spells abyss jewel it gets up to 60%. It isnt permafrezze but the next best.
- lots of small stuff which will net probably another 40-50% dps(helm enchant,curse on hit, pen on belt, tree isnt realy optimised...)

I can do guardians if I only hit 1-2 "bad mods" within 10-15 secs, BUT if I alch/vaal and hit 3-5 of the mods the fights get ugly. I will have to focus, recharge flasks and any mistake might kill me, I usually only do that maps shortly after lvl up.

Well I watched your char and he looks very interesting and hope much more stable on guardians. As for me a I have quite different tree taking much more crit chance and I can't stand to move slowly thats why I have rampage gear and + movespeed gear on me although I still feel myself slowpoke (after pathfinder). Also I tried myself in PoB and I have feeling that PoB can't correctly calc damage from Soul Mantle + Self flagelation jewel. I used to have 8-9 curses on me and it is %100+ inc damage. I really like your gems and utilities setup. I was looking for way to not use clarity but Proj Weakness seems like more attractive to me then ele weaknes on your gloves. In the rest your penetration gear looks awesome....gonna try your setup asa I buy "+ to crit" armour and 6link it

The armor is crap ;)
I bought it on day 3 of the league, the goal is to hit +1to gems on the prefix and 1.5base spellcrit on the suffix. My luck on that one is just shit;)
Its like spending 3k fuses to 6-link shit....
I will probably buy a better base, astral plate ;) before I try again

If you self curse prjektile weakness is way better, I posted my boss routine....having ele weakness on hit is something I dont have to keep track of and its a 30%more against trash.

Shimmerons get you 0.3% basecrit per charge, with dual wield thats 3.6% basecrit more, with the boots and spellcrit on armor you will get 85% even WITHOUT using diamonds

Its guardians, without ele pen your screwed
"
Leonin3 wrote:

Is this item any good for this build?
Not sure what to do with it given what I can get for it.

BIS for this build;) Bought mine for 2.5 ex but that was 10 days ago
Hey I'm playing this build in HC right now and I'm not sure if i should change from 2h staff to double shimmerons with 5Link Belly. (PoB says i get around +20k total dps)
Or i just buy the Pandemonius and stick with staff. Or buy Pandemonius and change weapon?

Advice would be appreciated :P
"
CrimPlok wrote:
Hey I'm playing this build in HC right now and I'm not sure if i should change from 2h staff to double shimmerons with 5Link Belly. (PoB says i get around +20k total dps)
Or i just buy the Pandemonius and stick with staff. Or buy Pandemonius and change weapon?

Advice would be appreciated :P

I see u did uber trial with ur character...did you do it solo? or got a carry?
"
Cheydinhal wrote:

I see u did uber trial with ur character...did you do it solo? or got a carry?

A friend of mine carried me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info