Path of Exile 3.0.0: The Fall of Oriath Patch Notes

As I expected, 3.0.0 is a huge letdown... The only thing interesting in this new patch is the "new" areas, with the removal of Cruel and Merciless.

I'll probably do a full run with a new character from scratch up to Act 10, just to check the new areas and extra lore, then quit again and maybe uninstall PoE this time as well, as it seems that GGG has finally lost the last bit its mind with how they handle balance in this game, and I'm not even referring to any specific aspect like CI nerf, ES nerf, or DoT changes, but on how they handle balance in general, like, on how melee is still crap and how most melee skills are utter trash.

Good luck to everybody finding any fun in this trainwreck.

Ok. ;_;
Perception is reality.
"
eepoo wrote:
"

- Summon Skeletons has been renamed Summon Skeleton, and has been reworked. Many of the passives and items that interact with it have been rebalanced. Summon Skeleton now has a base cast time of 0.5 seconds, and the cost has been reduced by approximately 60% at all levels. It now summons a single skeleton per cast and has a base limit of 5 summoned skeletons.
- The Summoned Skeleton Warrior minion's attack time has been reduced to 0.8 seconds, and its base damage has been increased by approximately 66%. Summoned Skeleton Mage minion's cast time has been reduced to 1.2 seconds.
- Summoned Skeleton Mages now deal 50% more damage at gem level 20, and significantly more damage at earlier gem levels. Their behaviour has been tweaked and they will no longer flee.

Why do skeleton warriors still exist? Currently they have less hp than zombies, hit less than zombies, don't follow the summoner and last only for a set duration. Their AI is also worse. And you can no longer have double the skeletons compared to your zombies. I honestly have a hard time understanding these changes.

They are also summon-anywhere, like on top of your enemies. More to the point, the changes to the skeleton put them on par with Zombies(Zombies attack at 0.85, with the change the skeletons should strike a little faster, though the Wiki does say the Zombies have an attack speed modifier). The damage change should put their damage on par with zombies. Skeletons are expendable attack drones that you call when you need extra force(Boss, Strongboxes, annoying asses in annoying positions) or to get your first corpses if you don't want/have Desecrate.
love the patch notes, ty ggg for all your work, really looking forward to the new league!
I remember I saw something about re-worked Rise Spectre gem in 3.0 and now I don't see any news about that or I missed something?
There is serious problem with that you need find again and again spactres after game crush, disconnect and similar.
i swore i saw something regarding wildstrike, "Wildstrike now grants 100% conversion of Physical damage to either Fire, Cold, or Lightning. Wildstrike`s Lightning now chains 400% more quickly". As well as something regarding changes to Grand Spectrum Unique Jewels. I refreshed the page soon after and now with careful analysis....i do not see it. Have the gods of POE deceived me? :(
What in the actual fuck are you guys doing over there in New Zealand? I haven't been this disguted in the game's direction since the failed money pit of pvp/lld.

Massive player nerfs across the board
Massive health buff to bosses with no corresponding reward rework
Nerf to monster xp in late maps
Only three new skills in a massive expansion

You know that story about monkeys sitting at typewriters that eventually crank out the works of Shakespeae? That is how I envision the GGG compound. For the last year the humans have been on vacation while 59 monkeys have banged away to produce these patchnotes.

All the excitement about new acts and bosses and story has been sucked out of me to feed these monkeys.

So disappointed.
"
i swore i saw something regarding wildstrike, "Wildstrike now grants 100% conversion of Physical damage to either Fire, Cold, or Lightning. Wildstrike`s Lightning now chains 400% more quickly". As well as something regarding changes to Grand Spectrum Unique Jewels. I refreshed the page soon after and now with careful analysis....i do not see it. Have the gods of POE deceived me? :(

This was added in 2.6, so it was accidentally mentioned again in 3.0.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Well it's one specific totem build, we'll manage. Sorry if you were going to play it.
"Removed the Cruel and Merciless difficulty levels. Path of Exile is now a single ten-act playthrough."

Sorry about my probable stupid question but after that game could become very easy?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info