3.1 Updated - Pathfinder Crit BV - Dedicated Uber Lab Farmer - 375%+ Movement Speed

"
Jelbishi wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Queen of the Forest
Now has 200 to 240% increased Evasion Rating (down from 240 to 380%). The movement speed bonus this item can provide has been capped at 100% for all versions.

Changes to evasion basetypes in The Fall of Oriath both pushed the evasion rating of this item too high, and took the movement speed this item granted to an extreme. We never intended for a single item to be able to provide so much movement speed. Over time as more movement speed and evasion became available this item has become unreasonable. The movement speed players were attaining was not something that the game was designed to handle. This cap is unlikely to affect average use of this item.

Well boys.The projected Movement speed in 3.1 will be about ~300% give or take a bit.

When the rest of the patch notes are out I'll revise the build.

200-300 is still more than OK. Im thinking about MOM. Maybe if the speed from qop is capped, we can now Hatred and another aura for more damage and focus more on life instead of EVA.
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
Last edited by unlucky_child on Dec 5, 2017, 1:58:06 AM
"
D3monPr1nc3 wrote:
MoM is also getting nerfed.... But I think you should stick with Pahtfinder due to the potion charge Regen...

I'm not not very worried about that nerf actually. It should bring MoM to an appropriate level that still works well for us.

As far as I can see, the build won't change much at all. The main difference is you'll be able to run about twice as much damage while still capping out your movement speed gain from queen of the forest.

"
unlucky_child wrote:

200-300 is still more than OK. Im thinking about MOM. Maybe if the speed from qop is capped, we can now Hatred and another aura for more damage and focus more on life instead of EVA.

I thought this was a good idea at first also. But the reason we need to much evasion is so we can face tank everything in the game reliably. If you start to drop evasion because you think you're being efficient with QOTF scaling, you're going to run into survivability issues on some harder end-game bosses.

If you take a look at my pastebin for Boss Killing (https://pastebin.com/9FXypLe9) You'll notice I'm not abusing QOTF at all. This is likely going to be similar to the revised version for 3.1.

Tons of damage. Lots more EHP. Maybe even room for Arctic Armour depending on MoM nerf.
Also still runs faster than you can kill stuff (while mapping).

Overall, I think the nerf was completely necessary and I really like the direction GGG is heading this league.
We just need to see, now, if Brightbeak / Prismatic Eclipse combo is going to be better than running with QOTF.
When the patch is live I'll test it ASAP.
Last edited by Jelbishi on Dec 5, 2017, 8:44:18 AM
Do you still think this build will be better (at least faster maybe not safer) than the slayer version after the recent changes to QotF and other 3.1 changes ?
"
okami29 wrote:
Do you still think this build will be better (at least faster maybe not safer) than the slayer version after the recent changes to QotF and other 3.1 changes ?

So, this is something I'm going to test as soon as I can. I'll be "racing" my friend who will have a very strong leap slam setup in a pair of insanity gloves. He'll have brightbeak & prismatic eclipse also.

The test will be to see who makes it to the other side of "The Ledge" fastest. Obviously this is not an optimal test to simulate a lab run. But it will likely give enough information for me to make a decision.

As to what build is takier or does more damage... I can say that the BV character will remain JUST as strong as it is now. All that's going to happen is the movement speed is going to be cut in half essentially.

Actually the BV character will likely gain a large amount of damage when built efficiently and with the right flasks. Check my path of building pastebin for bosses/ guardians in the build guide. That's likely what the revised version will look like IF there are no more significant nerfs.
"
The passive skills behind Mind over Matter now grant 10% increased Mana (down from 12%) on the non-notables, and 30% increased Mana (down from 40%) and 40 added mana (down from 100) on the notable.

cf : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2036284

This means the buff of mana from nodes behind MoM will now grant 40 flat mana + 50% inc mana.
This should still work well for us.
Yup. After reading patch notes I noticed there isn't much changed for us.

I'm going to spend more time thinking on it but at the moment I'll be dropping Vaal Pact all together and tinkering with the skill tree to optimize the ratio between life and effective evasion.

I'll have things updated in this guide complete by tomorrow evening at the latest.
I'm not so anxious about the eva nerfs on QotF.

I just tryed to compare my labrunner with a 240% QotF instead of my 379% on PoB.

With my 379% QotF :
- Gryphon + eva shield : 93.5k eva / 82% chances to evade attacks / 411% move speed
- Rare dagger + crit shield : 67k eva / 77% chances to evade attacks / 295% move speed

With a 240% QotF :
- Gryphon + eva shield : 88k eva / 81% chances to evade attacks / 399% move speed
- Rare dagger + crit shield : 61k eva / 76% chances to evade attacks / 282% move speed

So basically, it means the nerf in this setup should cost us something like 1-2% chance to evade attacks and a lost of 10-15% move speed from the nerf of QotF eva.
And you can see in my profil that my gear is far from being optimized, and I'm not playing the low life / high eva version of the build.
I don't think our survivability will realy suffer with those changes in the highest life version of this build.

At the same time, PoB show me that QotF provide me 111% move speed for a 240% and 124% move speed for a 379%. If the bonus is caped to 100%, then the lost of move speed should be around 10-25% move speed for the lowest eva of this build, no ?
I don't realy know how this will works in 3.1, but for my character, if I'm not wrong, I might be able to stay over 370% move speed in gryphon setup (with a 240% eva), no ?
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Dec 5, 2017, 9:32:53 PM
Updated the guide based on the new patch notes and nerfs.

When the new skill tree comes out I'll double check to make sure things are good to go.
How is this build compared to GC mine pathfinder?
GC mines are out of control. Like seriously. They didn't need a buff....

Anyway the main difference is that GC mines can skip animations and potentially take rank 1 jewels.
It struggles with Argus and is more or less a glass cannon(From what I've seen and heard. Never tried the build myself).

This BV character is actually capable of doing all content in the game and is super tanky. Especially now that we're not stressed about maximizing movement speed via evasion.

End game this character is going to have nearly 5k life and 2k mana with mind over matter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info