3.1 Updated - Pathfinder Crit BV - Dedicated Uber Lab Farmer - 375%+ Movement Speed

"
Jelbishi wrote:
GC mines are out of control. Like seriously. They didn't need a buff....

Anyway the main difference is that GC mines can skip animations and potentially take rank 1 jewels.
It struggles with Argus and is more or less a glass cannon(From what I've seen and heard. Never tried the build myself).

This BV character is actually capable of doing all content in the game and is super tanky. Especially now that we're not stressed about maximizing movement speed via evasion.

End game this character is going to have nearly 5k life and 2k mana with mind over matter.

Thank you that's all I needed to hear. Don't care about rank 1 jewels just want to have a chill time doing lab that is efficient enough to make the big bucks.
Was also wondering if you were going to write a few lines on gearing on the first few days of the league. Just a checklist to follow, make things less overwhealming.

Cheers!
Last edited by Shukketsu on Dec 6, 2017, 1:50:18 PM
This character is a bit of an interesting league starter because it costs a lot more than a lot of juggs / slayers. You'll be behind the curve of neckbeards for a day or 2 until you can get the essentials.

Gear

This is all the gear I had before I started farming U-Lab.
I was also level 90.

The priority is interesting because I mostly leveled with 2x Obliteration wands. I got those and a tabula ASAP.

Next I think I got a clear mind and essence worm so I could run MoM comfortably.

Those are really the most important, but after you have those just work towards grabbing the essentials. Divinarus / Queen / Good shield.

You don't need vinktars but I had 1 because it was the best way (at the time) to get lots of leech to ensure I don't lose any keys to a large amount of damage in a short amount of time.
Last edited by Jelbishi on Dec 6, 2017, 2:18:04 PM
How is this build at mapping? I want to run fast and do everything in the game. Not just farm lab.
"
Wrecktang1e wrote:
How is this build at mapping? I want to run fast and do everything in the game. Not just farm lab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ_YK-qaSjA
Skip to 1:15 for the Minotaur map.

I recently recorded this video in anticipation of the Vaal Pact changes.
This map is without VP and without using my hybrid flask.

If you don't mind the BV playstyle then mapping is super easy.

Also does shaper well enough. Only issue is those miscreated mini-bosses between stages. They're a pain in the ass. Can't face tank them.
Last edited by Jelbishi on Dec 6, 2017, 4:26:02 PM
How does this perform on a very budget gear set and at what level would uber be possible without maxed gear in 3.1?
"
AbdulJafreeze wrote:
How does this perform on a very budget gear set and at what level would uber be possible without maxed gear in 3.1?

The 3.1 should not change so much things here.
The breakpoint to make this build working should be the sames :
Get at the very least : lvl 85-86+ / 4000 hp / 2000 mana / 70% evasion (under flask and with buff ofc)

On a very budget gear, this should do the job (fighting setup) :
https://pastebin.com/42FM71R0

Few things to note :
- On a budget build, and only on survivability point of view, Experimenter flask affixe (inc duration) is way more relevant than Alchemist affixe (reduc dura/inc effect). The cheaper our stuff is, the longer the fight might be. So 6+ seconds flask effect should be way more confortable than a 3.5 sec flask effect. It prevent to be out of flask effect because we run out of flask charge (even if you are pathfinder). And this is only taking in consideration the flask buff management ;
- The gear used is extremly cheap on many slot. You will certainly have higher stuff when reaching this point (rat's nest or devoto instead of rare helm, Divinarius instead of a cheap rare dagger, etc.).
- I still don't know if haste is better than grace. It's up to you for this imo.
"
"
AbdulJafreeze wrote:

The 3.1 should not change so much things here.
The breakpoint to make this build working should be the sames :
Get at the very least : lvl 85-86+ / 4000 hp / 2000 mana / 70% evasion (under flask and with buff ofc)

On a very budget gear, this should do the job (fighting setup) :
https://pastebin.com/42FM71R0

Few things to note :
- On a budget build, and only on survivability point of view, Experimenter flask affixe (inc duration) is way more relevant than Alchemist affixe (reduc dura/inc effect). The cheaper our stuff is, the longer the fight might be. So 6+ seconds flask effect should be way more confortable than a 3.5 sec flask effect. It prevent to be out of flask effect because we run out of flask charge (even if you are pathfinder). And this is only taking in consideration the flask buff management ;
- The gear used is extremly cheap on many slot. You will certainly have higher stuff when reaching this point (rat's nest or devoto instead of rare helm, Divinarius instead of a cheap rare dagger, etc.).
- I still don't know if haste is better than grace. It's up to you for this imo.

That's a very good write up. Thank you Tetlis.

"

Grace was never supposed to be used for bossing or mapping on this character. I only used it for movement speed gain with queen of the forest.
The new QoTF makes it VERY easy to cap out movespeed and so any extra evasion PAST the point of diminishing returns is literally wasted.

With flasks and decent gear, you'll be just fine without grace up.
I totaly agree with you for the place of Grace.

But at the same time a things made me uncertain about the place of Haste instead of Grace in a budget setup.
For a budget gear setup we will certainly miss a lot of evasion, and will suffer of a lake of % chance to evade hits. And in the running zones, Grace might help us to resolve this problem. This should buff the survivability of the caracter. But I didn't watched how much % chance of evade hit Grace should bring us.

For a well geared character, I totaly agre with you. Haste is a wisest choice than Grace.

/E : I just tested the 2 gems on the pastbin I posted.
With QotF 240% and Essence Worm our chance to evade hit is :
- Grace : 67% unbuffed (no flask) / 77% Jade flask up / 72% Stibnite flask up / 80% J+S flasks up ;
- Haste : 61% unbuffed (no flask) / 75% Jade flask up / 66% Stibnite flask up / 78% J+S flasks up ;

The difference between those 2 gems isn't realy big while we are under the two flasks effect. But novice players might encounter survivability problems when they do flask management errors.

All this to say, I was not realy certain which gem would be the most relevant for someone who is asking for a budget build. Should they go for more move speed and then chose Haste, or should they go for a bit more of survivability so they have to take grace ? I, personnaly, don't have any answer to give here.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Dec 7, 2017, 3:14:12 PM
120k dps enough?
"
TG1337 wrote:
120k dps enough?

Depends if with or without buff.
Depends if it's 120k tooltip or in PoB.

In video section Jellbishi posted this video : Uber lab with BV 0 link

With a quick look on PoB with my character, he probably had around 120k dps with his BV 0 link.
With my character, with a 0 link, I reach 106k dps with 20 stack BV, atziri flask up, arcane surge buff, and power charges.

I don't think Jellbishi had so much dps than this. And he show it's possible.
But this is, imo an extrem situation. 120k dps fully buffed is an extremly low dps. You should have way more dps with budget gear even with a 4 link setup.

/E : I checked from his pastbin posted in 1st page, and simulated a 0link BV setup. He had at the best 100k dps.

Just to compare, the budget setup I posted few message before on this page have more dps with Tabula Rasa. To have such little amount of dps, fully buffed, you have to play a QotF 4 link setup with 4 gems at level 18. If you are in this situation, I would recommand you to go for a Tabula Rasa setup.

So yes, 120k buffed is enought. But the fight with Izaro might be quite long, and then can be rippy af (considering the fact 120k dps buffed mean you have extremly cheap stuff).

Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Dec 8, 2017, 7:40:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info