[3.5] For Scion - Dual Curse Crit. Based Blade Vortex as Elementalist + Assassin (SSF Viable)

have u recorded any videos for the build?
"

I have not recorded any videos but I have used the build to cleared T16 guardians. Have not tried Shaper though.
"
kira1414 wrote:
"

I have not recorded any videos but I have used the build to cleared T16 guardians. Have not tried Shaper though.

Are you still playing this build? can you post your current gear and ? I have no problems wiping map trash, but bosses are always a problem above T10. I cant see clearing T16 with my current setup and I am not sure what to improve on . I have about 200C that I can use to improve gear, but not sure where to put it?

"
xaeror35 wrote:

Are you still playing this build? can you post your current gear and ? I have no problems wiping map trash, but bosses are always a problem above T10. I cant see clearing T16 with my current setup and I am not sure what to improve on . I have about 200C that I can use to improve gear, but not sure where to put it?
Spoiler

I am currently not playing this build. I am playing DP totem instead in SSF before it gets nerfed next league.

Looking at your profile, apparently you are still missing 4 side quests that gives you Book of Skill. You will want to check it out.

I also see that though you are level 88, you have yet to pick up Whispers of Doom from the skill tree and thus you are only running 1 curse instead of 2 (but you have 2 curses in your gems setup, Elemental Weakness will cancel Warlord's Mark and you will lose the leech). You can follow the level 90 skill tree on how to brunch there without sacrificing too much toughness and damage.

You have also not have Uber lab completed. Getting those last 2 points will give you a big damage boost. With your current level, you should be able to clear Uber lab with ease. Ramp Blade Vortex to 20 stacks and use Decoy totem on Izaro and you will be able to get free hits off him. For your first run, consider taking out his support in phase 1 and 2 so that phase 3 is a lot easier. I would also skip Argus during the first run cos he hit really hard (especially when he gets enraged).

Looking at your gears, I would recommend you to replace your Eagle Turn ring with Essence Worm. Socket Hatred into it. This way, you will be able to run:

Hatred + Herald of Ash + Warlord's Mark as aura.

Take a look at the flasks and jewels section for recommended setup and rolls. They will provide more damage and survival.

On boss fight, swap your Increased Area gem to Concentrated. Use a Decoy totem to divert attention. It will make the fight a lot easier.
Last edited by kira1414 on Oct 2, 2017, 2:14:36 AM
"
kira1414 wrote:

I am currently not playing this build. I am playing DP totem instead in SSF before it gets nerfed next league.

Looking at your profile, apparently you are still missing 4 side quests that gives you Book of Skill. You will want to check it out.

I also see that though you are level 88, you have yet to pick up Whispers of Doom from the skill tree and thus you are only running 1 curse instead of 2 (but you have 2 curses in your gems setup, Elemental Weakness will cancel Warlord's Mark and you will lose the leech). You can follow the level 90 skill tree on how to brunch there without sacrificing too much toughness and damage.

You have also not have Uber lab completed. Getting those last 2 points will give you a big damage boost. With your current level, you should be able to clear Uber lab with ease. Ramp Blade Vortex to 20 stacks and use Decoy totem on Izaro and you will be able to get free hits off him. For your first run, consider taking out his support in phase 1 and 2 so that phase 3 is a lot easier. I would also skip Argus during the first run cos he hit really hard (especially when he gets enraged).

Looking at your gears, I would recommend you to replace your Eagle Turn ring with Essence Worm. Socket Hatred into it. This way, you will be able to run:

Take a look at the flasks and jewels section for recommended setup and rolls. They will provide more damage and survival.

On boss fight, swap your Increased Area gem to Concentrated. Use a Decoy totem to divert attention. It will make the fight a lot easier.

OK I completed Uber lab last night. Where do you see the 4 missing quests? I see 3 quests I need to complete on my world map, but not sure how to find the 4th?
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
xaeror35 wrote:

Spoiler

Would you suggest going wand build? I find the movespeed with daggers to be really bad since the attack speed is so low.
"
xaeror35 wrote:

OK I completed Uber lab last night. Where do you see the 4 missing quests? I see 3 quests I need to complete on my world map, but not sure how to find the 4th?

I checked your profile and it appears you have completed all quests that reward Book of Skill. :)

"
xaeror35 wrote:

Would you suggest going wand build? I find the movespeed with daggers to be really bad since the attack speed is so low.

You will need dagger in order to use Whirling Blade. Using a wand will mean you have to rely on Flame Dash or Lightning Warp for navigation (or Quick Silver flask).

For wands, Void Battery and Inya boots is a great combo if you decide to go for wand setup. However, you will need to spec into at least 2 power charges on the skill tree and you will need 5 skill points for that.

I recommend you to look into rare dagger with the following rolls:

- 100+% spell crit chance
- 10+% attack speed (enables smoother use of Whirling Blade)
- 60+% spell damage

If you are going to craft the dagger, you can use Essence of Woe or Essence of Scorn and you will want the dagger to have iLvl 84. Use a Skean based dagger as it provides the highest attack speed roll with lowest requirement.
@Kira1414

I almost finish my high-end build (missing flasks/HH/Gloves(lvl75)).
I was also wondering if the dual curse (from the skill tree) was optionnal or it was THE THING to get this work. And if you could take a look on my profile to see if my stuff seems ok or even if my gems are setup correctly.. I'm not quite sure if I'm playing it the right way.

Thanks in advance !

-Zozote
I switched to carcass jack for durability. How do you maintain mana?
"
TheZozote wrote:
@Kira1414

I almost finish my high-end build (missing flasks/HH/Gloves(lvl75)).
I was also wondering if the dual curse (from the skill tree) was optionnal or it was THE THING to get this work. And if you could take a look on my profile to see if my stuff seems ok or even if my gems are setup correctly.. I'm not quite sure if I'm playing it the right way.

Thanks in advance !

-Zozote

Very nice gears you have over there!

I see that you have not taken Whispers of Doom so if you are running 2 curses, only 1 curse will be in effect.

Since you are using dual Void Batteries, I would recommend you to follow this skill tree instead.

With so many uniques, your life pool will be very low, making it hard to survive at higher tier. You can consider switching Heretic and Hrimsorrow to rare helm and gloves similar to this (ignore the gems):

You will also want life % jewels to further push your health pool up.

With above changes, your life pool will be over 5200 at level 90.

Check out the flask section. Running those flasks will ensure better survival and provide more damage too.

Tweak your fire, lightning and cold resistance to be of same value when you use Wise Oak flask. This way you will be able to get 15% elemental penetration on all 3 elements.

"
xaeror35 wrote:
I switched to carcass jack for durability. How do you maintain mana?

You can consider running a mana pot with anti-curse on it to sustain your mana pool.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info