[3.5] For Scion - Dual Curse Crit. Based Blade Vortex as Elementalist + Assassin (SSF Viable)

I'm now level 81 with this build -I'm an occasional player- and am pretty happy with how map clearing goes. Most things on screen die pretty quickly, especially with the Obliteration wands. One issue that I have though is that I seem to spend a fair amount of time ramping up to 20 Blade Vortex stacks. Is that something that will improve towards level 90, or is there gear I'm missing? My BV cast time is 0.26s and it lasts for 9.5 seconds.
"
murkiz wrote:
I'm now level 81 with this build -I'm an occasional player- and am pretty happy with how map clearing goes. Most things on screen die pretty quickly, especially with the Obliteration wands. One issue that I have though is that I seem to spend a fair amount of time ramping up to 20 Blade Vortex stacks. Is that something that will improve towards level 90, or is there gear I'm missing? My BV cast time is 0.26s and it lasts for 9.5 seconds.

My cast time is 0.21s with level 6 Arcane Surge and 0.23s without.

You can consider using wands with faster casting (Opal wand preferred) and shield with faster casting too. These 2 will boost your cast time considerably.
Added "My Current Gears" into the guide:

+1 curse amulet allows me to run tri-curse setup together Essence Worm and corrupted Hrimsorrow with Curse Enemies with Elemental Weakness on Hit.

It sure took a while to complete my gears in SSF Harbinger league.
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
murkiz wrote:

My cast time is 0.21s with level 6 Arcane Surge and 0.23s without.

You can consider using wands with faster casting (Opal wand preferred) and shield with faster casting too. These 2 will boost your cast time considerably.

Ah! Pardon my ignorance, I didn't realize Arcane Surge was linked to Orb of Storms for that purpose. Casting it before ramping up to 20 stacks saves 0.6s which does make it feel a lot quicker. I actually did cast OoS, but only after engaging with mobs, and then wondered why BV casting seemed to have become faster.. yeah, I'm noob :D

I've yet to get my second curse, for the time being I swapped Elemental Weakness for Warlord's Mark aura. I think this (combined with Immortal Call / CWDT) helps me survive Physical Reflect mobs easier. (?)

The build as a whole seems well composed and is relatively easy to understand, even for a noob like me. Thank you for the work you put into it :-)
Which pantheon would you choose for this build ?
And also wouldn't belt of the deceiver be a better pick for the belt (dmgwise)?
"
dirtysilence wrote:
Which pantheon would you choose for this build ?
And also wouldn't belt of the deceiver be a better pick for the belt (dmgwise)?

For Pantheons, I went for Soul of Solaris (or Brine King) and Soul of Yugul.

Deceiver is definitely a good belt as it boost damage. You can certainly go for that if you have enough toughness to handle the damage.

In my final setup in SSF, I end up running with tri-curse with Elemental Weakness on Hit (gloves) + Enfeeble + Warlord's Mark.
I love everything about this build.

I made one edit that you might have already considered. I dropped three of the 5% life nodes to get skittering runes, boosting the effectiveness of my curses. I'd stick with the 5%s in Hardcore mode, though.

Thanks for sharing this!
good build, good guide :) another option for tri-curse if you don't have curse on hit gloves is to do a cast when damage taken setup linked to a curse on hit. if your cwdt for curse is a different level than your immortal call cwdt they will both work. I've been running a normal cwdt immortal call setup as well as a lvl 2 cwdt - lvl 4 bladefall - curse on hit - temporal chains setup.
"
Boneszaw wrote:
good build, good guide :) another option for tri-curse if you don't have curse on hit gloves is to do a cast when damage taken setup linked to a curse on hit. if your cwdt for curse is a different level than your immortal call cwdt they will both work. I've been running a normal cwdt immortal call setup as well as a lvl 2 cwdt - lvl 4 bladefall - curse on hit - temporal chains setup.

Oh yes. Cast When Damage Taken is a great alternate setup to apply the 3rd curse if you do not have Elemental Weakness on hit gloves.

The new gloves Oskarm Nubuck Gloves is another great alternative as it comes with Assassin's Mark on hit.
The Controlled Destruction support doesnt link with BV. what i would use Ele Focus Support instead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info