Please remove 1 hit already.

If you make it so people are not in danger of dying in a -max resist +elemental damage maps, the game becomes even more trivial than it already is. Seriously, if you can't die to those mods, then every other map will be like running twilight strand.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Jul 25, 2017, 1:04:01 PM
The biggest problem is *most*, not all, people who complain about one shots simply don't know enough about the game to be making the claim to begin with. They don't take into account that just because their build was vulnerable, not everyone else is. Some people stack regen and laugh at DoT while other people have no regen and basically get a quick death sentence. Some people run around with low resists and get taken out by a quick elemental attack whereas other people with high resists just shrug it off. And then you have people with 3000 hp who just can't figure out why the game is so unfair that it kills them so quickly. People with insane damage who kill themselves off an aoe attack on a reflect mob. And that's not even counting the people who are mapping or lab running waaay outside of their level and gear.

If your situation is any of those, or a dozen other related likelihoods then GGG cannot fix the issue, because you or your build are the issue.
"
mark1030 wrote:
If you make it so people are not in danger of dying in a -max resist +elemental damage maps, the game becomes even more trivial than it already is. Seriously, if you can't die to those mods, then every other map will be like running twilight atrand.

I fully agree, those maps should be a lot harder. But "harder" should not be the equivalent of a random kill timer which gets higher chances as the mods get meaner. That's not hard, that's just random. In no map should any non-telegraphed damage be such that it can instarip you if you have capped resis, a good life pool (in my case 7k) and some other mitigation (in my case, 4 endu charges).
Such maps should be harder because monsters are better, like tougher to kill (so they can swarm and overwhelm you) or act more intelligently. Just amping their damage until they can assure a direct kill is a cheap mechanic. It makes me shrug off the deaths, because it "was anyway cheating, nothing I can change would have prevented it".

Of course, for more meaningful fights, the player damage needs to be tuned down a lot as well...
May your maps be bountiful, exile
after the vol blood change personally i think corpse explosion is probably the only potentially bullshit 1 shot thing that I can think of tbh.
"
DoEFotGS wrote:
"
Unheilbringer wrote:
I just got killed with 52% physical def,3400 health and all resistances maxed. I also had 4 endurance charges activated wich increases my def further and he still 1 shots me ? Also Immortal call didnt activate and he did hit me physicaly

Some enemies can oneshot you even with 6k HP.

Also game have a horrible 'mob can crit' mechanic that means you can be oneshoted to zero from 10k if random rare enemy do a crit :'D

Yes that just happened to my necromancer in turmoil jre094. I had 5000 life, 1000 es and mind over matter with 800+ unreserved mana. The invader boss that uses shocked ground and attacks with arrows killed me instantly. The map didn't even have any damage modifiers.

You have to be careful. Lots of dangerous stuff in poe.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jul 25, 2017, 2:19:45 PM
"
Unheilbringer wrote:

I mean you can facetank Shaper with 14k ES and then some regular field mob comes by and is 100 times stronger then Shaper.....yeah right.

Nop, Im sorry but it just seems that you have no experience of high level content,even less with well built chars.[/quote]

And now you should watch some YT videos and look carefully how less experience you have. You can facetank Shaper without breaking a sweat.

And some regular field bosses or map bosses can kill you with 1 hit which Shaper cant. So tell me where exatly my knowledge is wrong.
Just in case the point hasn't been made yet:

1-shots are intentional, because GGG wants to make logging out to avoid dying a skill. The rampant use of logout macros does not bother them in this matter.
"
SisterBlister wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:

"
Map with mean ele mods, a rare mob of seething brine spawns. At least one curses me while at least 3 throw coldsnap instantly. I think even with 20k life I would have died, though my resis are capped (except for the -max from the map)

- curse potion
- potion of heat
- added ele mods have 0 impact on cold snap, they only boost physical dmg.

Did you just try to pull a situation where you don't understand the mechanics ??
Are you runnung red maps with uncapped resists ????

If you are in a beyond breach, play accordingly, you know what can happens, you have to deal with it (plus, VDD isn't exactly instant, and if you don't run in the wrong direction, you might survive even after messing up your positioning)

Bull. And considering you berate someone for not reading correctly, you display some amazing reading incomprehension yourself.

VDD as a melee is not avoidable. For one, you don't even see Bameth spawning because of all the gfx vomit on screen and then he sometimes casts it immediately. Same with the seething brines: There was exactly no time between them spawning and them casting cold snap. Nix the flasks, unless you're a flaskfinder, I guess. Even with the flask, I doubt I would have survived: -max in a red map means 27% ele dmg penetrates vs 21 with flask, not such a huge difference.

Stop trying to find fault with everything others say, play the game more and see the one-shots yourself.

Funny how those things don't happen to me?
You said "map with ele mods", maybe you are realizing now that added ele mods don't work, idk, but you did use the plural (no article either).

It IS avoidable.
If you are playing in a beyond map and staying where there is the highest number of corpses on the ground, you know the risk, you are putting yourself in this situation.
And what is scary about Vaal DD is the spread, which is NOT instant.
I remember that video of a streamer dying to VDD on reddit, because he was walking in the same direction as the wave, and he could have survive if he had gone the opposite way ....

And even if you had 20k life, you would have died ?
That's some blatant BS there, so much salt ....

No, the mobs didn't deal 20k damage after resistances to you.
And no, it is your fault, seething brines even have an animation with a small delay when they appear.

"Play the game more" ??
Let's see, you have one 93, one 89 characters in Legacy (one meta), and one lvl 76.
I am at lvl 96 in SSF.
You should play the game more and the forum less.

Btz, your highest char does not even have capped res from gear + tree it seems, no way you are capping for ele weakness or curses, and your cuse potion is not a utility one ..... No wonder ele dmg will wreck you sometimes.

"
CyberWizardB5 wrote:

When people say one-shot most the time they are talking about multiple shots that drain their HP in less than a sec IMO anything that drains your HP before you can react to it should also be classified as one-shot but that is not the main point

But most of the time, they could have reacted, and they could definitely had seen it coming, if they had the knowledge, and had thought about it.

And we don't get "ridiculous numbers" (even thought that can go high, but its misleading because people try to reach 50k armour with nothing to support it and then feel that defenses are shit all together ...), because if there was no threat anymore, the game would become boring.
And not, it's not one occasional threat in 50 hours played, some meta cheezy setup make it look like that though.

"

But people can become invincible (at least when over-leveled) so why not give them the possibility to play an almost invincible char in the defensive side? A char vulnerable only to charged attacks, a true tank with low clear speed can be cool too...

I am not speaking about overleveling, more about end game content.
You do realize that this would be a problem for boss encounters, right ?
The game needs to have threats

"

And now you should watch some YT videos and look carefully how less experience you have. You can facetank Shaper without breaking a sweat.

And some regular field bosses or map bosses can kill you with 1 hit which Shaper cant. So tell me where exatly my knowledge is wrong.

Shaper can 1 hit you ...
You have no clue, what you are talking about, seriously, especially if you think that a rnadom map boss will one shot you.

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
after the vol blood change personally i think corpse explosion is probably the only potentially bullshit 1 shot thing that I can think of tbh.

I would like a very short delay (really very short), scaling with the monster's life, so that very hard DD take slighly longer to activate.
And DD totem's range is too high also, imho.
But apart from that ... the whole Vaal DD is not instant, the first explosion is though.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jul 25, 2017, 10:52:44 PM
@Furz: So I have a "meta char", does that make my posts invalid? If I checked your profile, how many "meta chars" would I find? How many high level HC melee chars? The way you pretend to be able to play, it should be full of lvl100s. Sorry, if you haven't been one-shot unfairly, then it's because you play only easy mod shaped strands and you know it.

And arguing semantics just shows that you have no substance to your stance. As always. Your post history shows this is the case in every single thread you join, and you join so many and have such a high post count that I guess you need this to make up for your lack of real life.

I won't reply further, as you never bring arguments with enough substance to actually answer.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
I have never shaped strand, try again.

And you have not been able to answer/understand a single thing here, again, if somebody points the flaws, everything falls apart.
All you are doing is trying to "duh semantics !" and go ad-hominem, of course.
The fact that you need to resort to real life comparison speaks volume.

PS : and yes, you are going for something somwhat meta, you don't even build it properly, and you come and complain that the game is unfair.

QQ QQ
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info