Please remove 1 hit already.

Did you by any chance purposefully skipped 4/5th of my message ?

"
Fruz wrote:
But you cannot be basically invincible ( unless some cheezey setups with tons of ES + VP, but that is going to die, people will do the same with life though ... but those builds can die, it just needs a big mistake fro mthe player ), and that's intended.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
Did you by any chance purposefully skipped 4/5th of my message ?

Because you talked about nothing. Oneshots is real. You can't do anything with that, because game balanced around ridiculous numbers.

System was worked well a long time ago there 4k HP was HUGE to farm ledge in act 1 of 2 existed acts. Nothing was changed in core system, so more deepest content GGG add - more ridiculous scales in numbers we have.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
Telegraphed one shots are real, for good reasons.
The rest is almost non6existent.

Of course, people throwing the;selves into situations that their character cannot handle and dying instantly, calling it then "one shot" is real, but the problem is elsewhere, it's not about one shots anymore.

The most ridiculous numbers are not on the monster's side.

"
Fruz wrote:
You CAN get tanky if you actually know how to do it
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jul 25, 2017, 3:16:09 AM
It may not be oneshot but it happens in a fraction of a second or a situation where you can't do anything about it, so it might as well be one, and the game is full of those.
Last edited by Raudram on Jul 25, 2017, 4:28:05 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
The rest is almost non6existent...

I disagree. Yes, true one-shots are scarce, but instantaneous unavoidable shotgun damage still exists. The difference between those situations and true one-shots are semantics only.

2 simple examples from some time ago:

1. Map with mean ele mods, a rare mob of seething brine spawns. At least one curses me while at least 3 throw coldsnap instantly. I think even with 20k life I would have died, though my resis are capped (except for the -max from the map).
2. A breach in a map with beyond mod. Once the screen was covered with corpses, Bameth spawns and casts VaalDD. Absolutely no chance of survival whatsoever.
I guess as a ranged char I might have been out of reach in both cases, but unfortunately I play melee.

I agree that these situations are not as often as people make them out to be, but as a melee char you do run into them occasionally unless you play only trivial map mods. And what would be the point of that?
May your maps be bountiful, exile
Yea just press the button GGG - stop the oneshots!

Hahaha, this reminds me of the good old blizzard "legendary item generator in their basement" that they sometimes stopped to troll people.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 25, 2017, 5:17:56 AM
"
Fruz wrote:

Detonate dead.....from off screen. You dont see it until the resurrect screen pops up. Long distance 1 hits are even worse then regular ones.

You also wrote you will get tanky when you know how. Someone in this thread wrote he got 1 hit killed with around 14k ES....and ES is OP as fuck right now. So even with cheesy builds youre not 100% safe from instand kills.

I mean you can facetank Shaper with 14k ES and then some regular field mob comes by and is 100 times stronger then Shaper.....yeah right.
"
Raudram wrote:
It may not be oneshot but it happens in a fraction of a second or a situation where you can't do anything about it, so it might as well be one, and the game is full of those.

already "addressed":
"
Fruz wrote:
Of course, people throwing the;selves into situations that their character cannot handle and dying instantly, calling it then "one shot" is real, but the problem is elsewhere, it's not about one shots anymore.

readimg comprehension ....

Now detonate dead totems might be one of the extremely rare cases where there could be a one shot, their range is too big imho.

"
Map with mean ele mods, a rare mob of seething brine spawns. At least one curses me while at least 3 throw coldsnap instantly. I think even with 20k life I would have died, though my resis are capped (except for the -max from the map)

- curse potion
- potion of heat
- added ele mods have 0 impact on cold snap, they only boost physical dmg.

Did you just try to pull a situation where you don't understand the mechanics ??
Are you runnung red maps with uncapped resists ????

If you are in a beyond breach, play accordingly, you know what can happens, you have to deal with it (plus, VDD isn't exactly instant, and if you don't run in the wrong direction, you might survive even after messing up your positioning)

"
Unheilbringer wrote:

I mean you can facetank Shaper with 14k ES and then some regular field mob comes by and is 100 times stronger then Shaper.....yeah right.

Nop, Im sorry but it just seems that you have no experience of high level content,even less with well built chars.
Last edited by Fruz on Jul 25, 2017, 9:01:09 AM
"
Fruz wrote:

"
Map with mean ele mods, a rare mob of seething brine spawns. At least one curses me while at least 3 throw coldsnap instantly. I think even with 20k life I would have died, though my resis are capped (except for the -max from the map)

- curse potion
- potion of heat
- added ele mods have 0 impact on cold snap, they only boost physical dmg.

Did you just try to pull a situation where you don't understand the mechanics ??
Are you runnung red maps with uncapped resists ????

If you are in a beyond breach, play accordingly, you know what can happens, you have to deal with it (plus, VDD isn't exactly instant, and if you don't run in the wrong direction, you might survive even after messing up your positioning)

Bull. And considering you berate someone for not reading correctly, you display some amazing reading incomprehension yourself.

VDD as a melee is not avoidable. For one, you don't even see Bameth spawning because of all the gfx vomit on screen and then he sometimes casts it immediately. Same with the seething brines: There was exactly no time between them spawning and them casting cold snap. Nix the flasks, unless you're a flaskfinder, I guess. Even with the flask, I doubt I would have survived: -max in a red map means 27% ele dmg penetrates vs 21 with flask, not such a huge difference.

Stop trying to find fault with everything others say, play the game more and see the one-shots yourself.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
Fruz wrote:

No one is complaining about telegraphed one shots
When people say one-shot most the time they are talking about multiple shots that drain their HP in less than a sec IMO anything that drains your HP before you can react to it should also be classified as one-shot but that is not the main point

"
Fruz wrote:

The problem is that POE's mechanics are misleading, it's way too easy to get high attack and way too hard to get a good defense, the extremely high attack and sustain makes the game look much easier than it really is and the result is the so called one-shots

"
Fruz wrote:
The most ridiculous numbers are not on the monster's side.

I completely agree with you the ridiculous numbers are on players' side especially the sustain and damage, but if we can get ridiculous numbers in these areas why not ridiculous numbers in defense? (at the cost of extremely low damage of course)

"
Fruz wrote:
You CAN get tanky if you actually know how to do it

I didn't say it's completely impossible to get good defenses but it requires a lot of knowledge, get defensive nodes extremely far away from your starting point and the perfect gear for the chosen build

"
Fruz wrote:
But you cannot be basically invincible ( unless some cheezey setups with tons of ES + VP, but that is going to die, people will do the same with life though ... but those builds can die, it just needs a big mistake from the player ), and that's intended.

But people can become invincible (at least when over-leveled) so why not give them the possibility to play an almost invincible char in the defensive side? A char vulnerable only to charged attacks, a true tank with low clear speed can be cool too...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info