Please remove 1 hit already.

"
mark1030 wrote:
There are 207 level 100 characters listed on the hardcore legacy ladder. 28 died after reaching 100. That's an awful lot of monsters killed without getting one shot. If 1 shots were as prevalent as people try to make them out to be, how have these 179 characters gotten to level 100 and been so lucky as to not get killed by it?

yeah pretty much.

I get 1 shot about, I dunno, twice per year when playing serious builds? Thats about 1 per 1000 hours played, and 50% of them are vol blood which is now 'fixed' in 3.0.

When ur in the 60s its dodgy territory cause ur sort of into early endgame territory, but u might still have normal and cruel gear on, you might still be missing 20 points of ur endgame defense passives depending how you built along the way, and thats presuming you are even playing a decent build.

I dont buy all this meta stuff, theres gear, passives, gems, mechanics, you use them to defeat the game, theres a ton of ways to use them badly and fail. What do we mean by meta? That someone is playing the game well? People are making their own builds playing just about any skill or defense combo and making it work well. Theres tons of builds that have been in the game for 3+ years, and they have done nothing but get stronger and stronger as times gone on, and theres probably been 3 occasions when they were considered 'meta' and 3 occasions when the same people who talk about whats meta said they wernt even viable... and theyve never changed in any way but got more and more and more powerful over time.
"
mark1030 wrote:
There are 207 level 100 characters listed on the hardcore legacy ladder. 28 died after reaching 100. That's an awful lot of monsters killed without getting one shot. If 1 shots were as prevalent as people try to make them out to be, how have these 179 characters gotten to level 100 and been so lucky as to not get killed by it?

Just play T11 maps which don't have dangerous mods. The only danger then is to fall asleep and get killed.

OP is right, one-shots suck. I also hate them, because they prevent me from playing more challenging content. Whenever my char hits 50% exp in a level, I play it safe instead of going for hard map mods and looking for thrilling fights. The way mods can amp the damage is crazy: you can easily get a factor 70-100 higher damage from an unlucky crit in a mean map than from a normal hit on an easy map of the same tier. That variance is just too high to allow for a decent game balance.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
I was getting one shotted in t13+ maps with my 14k ES. Then i just said to myself "why am i always in danger? I need to be the dangerous one." and took offense nodes, dropped to 8k ES. You know what? I am the "fuck you" guy now.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
There is no such thing as a "one shot mechanic". There are things in the game which can one shot you depending on the circumstances in which you are facing them. There happens to be many many things in the game that can one shot you if you are running around with only 3400 life.
"
BodyHammer01 wrote:
There is no such thing as a "one shot mechanic".

I agree here. Sort of.

The game throws a lot of mods in your face. Shock, crit, map mods like more monster damage, increased elemental damage, auras etc. If a combination of these mods can't instantly kill you, nothing can.

IF you focus on defenses, there isn't that much that can oneshot you - IF you know what you are doing, and are paying attention to the map mods and your surroundings.

With that said, I wish tanky builds were a little bit "better", as the upsides of going tanky are almost non-existent these days, with the clear speed META and whatnot.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Even getting every single defensive node around you don't really get tanky in POE, we need much more defensive options in the skill tree, we have way too much attack already, it's time to add defenses
"
CyberWizardB5 wrote:
Even getting every single defensive node around you don't really get tanky in POE, we need much more defensive options in the skill tree, we have way too much attack already, it's time to add defenses

there was a time once where one could be tanky

twas the age of block

then the block nerf hit and the life nerf and now the ES nerf

soooo

im thinking GGG about as serious about defense ass the NBA
I dont see any any key!
"
CyberWizardB5 wrote:

And thats the problem.

Someone also asked what solution i recommend. The solution is to make def builds viable again. Its also not just the mobs that can 1 shot but also we players can. I mean i saw people 1 shoting Shaper.

So whats my solution ? Simply putting a line into the code that blocks the dmg players can take once a player drops down to 10% health with 1 shot. That prevents instand kills without touching mob DPS or dmg from multiple mobs. Its that easy.

Another point is nerfing the high DPS we players can archive. I mean this game was meant to be a hard skill based game. What the fuck is that SSF bullshit ? Youre not supposed to get far when playing Solo in a "hard" version of diabolo.

So rght now we have two choices:
1.) Playing that unbalanced DPS meta which puts this game on the same level as diabolo.

or

2.) Play the game as intended and get the 1 shot anytime.

So no matter how you turn it either the mobs or the players deal to much dmg.
"
Unheilbringer wrote:
"
CyberWizardB5 wrote:

And thats the problem.

No

You CAN get tanky if you actually know how to do it.
But you cannot be basically invincible ( unless some cheezey setups with tons of ES + VP, but that is going to die, people will do the same with life though ... but those builds can die, it just needs a big mistake fro mthe player ), and that's intended.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
You CAN get tanky if you actually know how to do it

No, you can't. Even if you play 78/78 block Aegis Gladiator (that most of the time nearly invincible) - some mobs can easyly kill you in 1-2 seconds by... DoT.

Game have a lot of damage sourses to prevent feeling you tanky. You always in dangerous. And some of mechanics are just ridiculous.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info