Please remove 1 hit already.

I sympathize with the OP - at the moment, for me at least, the worst part of the game are one-shot mechanics as well. It just feels like the game is cheating because it can't kill you in any other way.

As if we're only allowed to play this game with top notch connections. As if we're supposed to play like robots, making absolutely no mistakes, taking absolutely no risks. As if we're supposed to all play the same safe builds.

Artificial difficulty coming not from complexity of mechanics, but from tuning some numbers, does not make the game more interesting, it makes it more boring.

I didnt hear anywhere GGG plan to remove oneshots from game, so that not going to happen in near future.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
The question which boss did one shot me doesnt matter. The fact is a mob gave me a 1 hit regardless of who or what it was.

And even IF it was chaos dmg my chaos res was 10%. I can understand it when you get a one shot when you mave like -20% THATS actually your own mistake then and a skill issue but a mob should NEVER be able to give you a 1 hit which you have no chance of seeing coming or taking counter messueres against....never.

Its also no use if those hits are telegraphed IF YOU CANT SEE THEM. There were multiple cases in the past where someone died off screen. No chance to react or at all. ZiggyDs detonate dead totem is the best example.

Making the game harder is fine BUT it has to be done without cheat mechanics. Get more creative. Its a skill based game and 1 shots you cant do anything about aint skill based....those are cheap.
I understand your frustration i have it to (although I usually get death by inches), but I think it is necessary to teach you what you are doing is not viable. I had a raider that died by "1000 cuts" (cuts not crits) but even playing it i felt like I was forced into building evasion to the max + dodge, i took every health node in the vicinity (i went down to duelist tree, and was playing HC solo or SSF so no Unique to purchase), but even then I was unhappy while playing because i knew that i had very low health and I was rolling a dice on every encounter practically cos one hit can kill me if I do not roll dodge or evasion. Some builds are not viable for a reason.

If you want a solution you could suggest a skill point or an item that would prevent the blow that would otherwise kill you and buy it all the time (although i think that is not a solution).

Just git gud unfortunately...
The damage spikes that lead to one-shots are one of the biggest problems of POE but it's the only way to stop characters with OP sustain if we want to remove one-shots we have to somehow remove the OP sustain we have during the battle first

The first step for this is to remove or nerf VP and then nerf the damage spikes.

We also need a heavy buff to defenses, we should have the option to create highly defensive chars (at the cost of reduced damage) so players with low reflexes or bad internet connections can survive for longer

If we want to survive for 2-4 secs of battle, the recovery from an almost death and most battles have to take at least that much time
There is no real way how to completly prevent one-shots in current stateof the game. There is just too many variables. You are even saying that if that one-shot was chaos damage and you had 10% resistance, that its clearly a bad mechanic and bullshit death. Well, consider this, game is balanced about having capped resistances, even tho this is not entirely true for chaos damage, you just have to calculate things. If you have 75% resistance and something hits you for 10000 dmg, you will take 2500 dmg. With jsut 10% resistance, you will take 9000 dmg.. so as you can see, for res-caped played its just a big hit, for 10% resi character it is a death sentence.

Another reason why PoE cant be balanced vs one-shots is way how maps work. You can get map with 60% extra dmg as fire, 60% extra damage as cold and monsters has higher crit chance. If you decide to run map like this and die.. you cant really blame the game. You can just blame yourself.

tldr: One-shots sucks, but unless you change huge parts of this game, it will stay in the game.
There are 207 level 100 characters listed on the hardcore legacy ladder. 28 died after reaching 100. That's an awful lot of monsters killed without getting one shot. If 1 shots were as prevalent as people try to make them out to be, how have these 179 characters gotten to level 100 and been so lucky as to not get killed by it?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
How did they get that high ? By using cheesy builds ? There is a reason why there are "meta" builds ya know. And given the fact that PoE has tons of possible builds its sad that there actually are meta build.

So unbalance to counter unbalance is not balance for me.

And yes there isnt a whole bunch of 1 hits in this game but they still are here. Again this is supposed to be a skill based game and no skill in the world protects you from that 1 hits once they come. And when they come your Exile you worked weeks or even months on is dead.
So meta builds don't get 1 shot? Has nothing to do with tactics or defenses?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Jul 23, 2017, 6:38:17 PM
"
Unheilbringer wrote:
The question which boss did one shot me doesnt matter. The fact is a mob gave me a 1 hit regardless of who or what it was.

what would you change? got any suggestions?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info