[3.4] HC RT Sunder Gladiator League Starter Build Guide

Been looking through the thread but haven't noticed a Path of Building export. Would you mind sharing?
Arcanor
"
polar2222 wrote:
Just killed Shaper as Slayer with 7.2k life, lv 93, lv 19/20q gems, Soul of Lunaris/Tukohama. Shaper is more about dodging damage and one-shots since you can't out leech it even as Slayer. Maybe just his melee attacks are ok to tank.

POB shows Shaper DPS as only 158k DPS with maim debuff, 242k with 3 flasks up, and peak of 380k after add phase with flasks, frenzy charges, and recently killed buffs. Cull at 20% is nice too. Warchief totem is 21k unbuffed. I was surprised since people normally recommend 300-400k Shaper DPS in POB. Map DPS for this build is 500k+ which destroys T15's. For those that want a tooltip DPS, which is inaccurate (use Path of Building), it's 51k in hideout.

Gladiator is probably better for Guardians/Shaper due to block/spell block and it has a little more DPS and life especially if you use Alkaizer's tree which unlocks 2 more jewel sockets early and doesn't need 2 mana nodes to run 3 auras + enlighten. Either way, it's a strong league starter and can do all content if you sink some currency into it.

Gear:

Killed Shaper in Harbinger league, here is the update for Shaper in Abyss League.

Gladiator, 7.8k life, lv 93, lv 20/20q gems, Soul of Solaris/Tukohama

POB shows Shaper DPS as 241k DPS with maim debuff, 353k with 3 flasks up, and peak of 507k after add phase with flasks, frenzy charges, and onslaught buffs. Warchief totem is 33k unbuffed. Map DPS for this build is 610k+ which destroys T15's, Guardians, Elder, Abyss Lich. For those that want a tooltip DPS, which is inaccurate (use Path of Building), it's 72k in hideout.

Compared to last league as a Slayer, this build has only gotten better with the new Abyss jewels, belt, and gloves. More DPS can be squeezed out by getting steel rings and extra elemental damage shaper/elder stat sticks. Decided to try out the Alkaizer tree, however I still needed two more mana nodes to run 3 auras. Might need a level 4 enlighten.

Fairly new here (I played Harbinger on Xbox). My buddy ran a Sunder build last league and its clearspeed made me jealous. I'm following your guide for my own Sunder build this (Abyss) league.

Seeing the Overwhelming Odds jewel and the offhand benefit received from the ascendancy Outmatch and Outlast, I wonder if Cleave isn't a viable option? Free Fortify seems like a nice additional benefit, and from what I can tell Cleave has a higher base dps than Sunder.

And the Rampart node, which I've just discovered, looks to be an additional increase in both dps and survivability.

Thoughts?

Edit: Found the Rampart node and added a sentence about it.
GGG supporter on Xbox. GT: cannibal utopia
Last edited by Melychath on Jan 9, 2018, 11:56:05 AM
"
Melychath wrote:
Fairly new here (I played Harbinger on Xbox). My buddy ran a Sunder build last league and its clearspeed made me jealous. I'm following your guide for my own Sunder build this (Abyss) league.

Seeing the Overwhelming Odds jewel and the offhand benefit received from the ascendancy Outmatch and Outlast, I wonder if Cleave isn't a viable option? Free Fortify seems like a nice additional benefit, and from what I can tell Cleave has a higher base dps than Sunder.

And the Rampart node, which I've just discovered, looks to be an additional increase in both dps and survivability.

Thoughts?

Cleave hits with both weapons taking into effect the damage of each weapon. Having a bad offhand\statstick (like prismatic eclipse) will factor into your overall damage. Kind of a different animal. It would require two high pdps axes to run. Very close build to sunder overall though. Alkaizer has a video on his twitch going over a cleave build that was close to this.
First off I want to thank OP for a solid build. I did some small tweaks to make it work for league starter/no lvl 3 enlighten/low budget. Just a random post about my thoughts and what I went thought.

I chose to run a 4L gloves to put blood magic behind my mobility instead of running it on the 3L offhand. How are you guys running leap/whirling without it? Either run soul taker, a low PDPS axe, or drop fortify/blood magic. I picked up a good pair of spiked gloves with res/life/melee damage/attack speed and the DPS numbers almost match tombfists. My view on stygian vs belt of the deceiver is stygian gives more defenses while deceiver is more offense with the intimidate debuff. POB shows the dps very close.

According to pob/reddit/google green sockets on prismatic eclipse are about a 3% dps increase each over reds.

For the helm 4L with hatred/herald/artic/enlighten. Most people wont get enlighten 3 to run all of them. I ran without herald of ash until I could fit all 3 together. Herald is the weakest gem here overall.

Blood rage seems to be a very big dps/map clear increase. A 20/20 Blood rage gives 20% attack speed and our life regen keeps us at full to take advantage of damage on full life. Attack speed is a HUGE dps increase and also benefit from mobility cast speed.

For people wondering about mana leech, pick up the one node "life and mana leech" next to vitality void or get mana leech on gear.

Very solid build overall. I invested a bit into the character to see what it could do and it hasn't disappointed. There is a ceiling though after all. Thanks again OP for the build. Not to be a bash post but an alternate to what was posted.
Last edited by Rewynd91 on Jan 12, 2018, 3:46:18 AM
"
Rewynd91 wrote:
"
Melychath wrote:

Thoughts?

Cleave hits with both weapons taking into effect the damage of each weapon. Having a bad offhand\statstick (like prismatic eclipse) will factor into your overall damage. Kind of a different animal. It would require two high pdps axes to run. Very close build to sunder overall though. Alkaizer has a video on his twitch going over a cleave build that was close to this.

Thanks for that. I am using a second axe with nice pdps. It's been pretty beastly so far. I don't know how much more of it I'll play though as I've had two Poet's drop and have started a build using those. The most fun I've had in this game, those wands!
GGG supporter on Xbox. GT: cannibal utopia
Last edited by Melychath on Jan 12, 2018, 4:55:01 PM
Shaper down! First try. Xbox sc abyss league followed this build exactly, thanks :) except I couldn't put down the kaom's roots lol although tempting for the move speed/sockets. Lvl 94 7712 life 415 dps siege axe path of building shows 710,000 dps, 589,000 dps vs shaper.
Forgive my ignorance but how do you use arctic armour+hatred+herald of ash at same time? Just activating my hatred+herald reserves 93% of my mana.
"
Kekkuli88 wrote:
Forgive my ignorance but how do you use arctic armour+hatred+herald of ash at same time? Just activating my hatred+herald reserves 93% of my mana.

Enlighten 3 will give you 8%~ mana open.
Last edited by Rewynd91 on Jan 16, 2018, 1:25:44 PM
Any Xbox sunderers send me an add: sh4TT3r

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info