[3.4] HC RT Sunder Gladiator League Starter Build Guide

I have a lvl 90 sunder guy that you can look at and while, yes, the soul taker isn't divined into a top roll yet and it's only on a 5 link, I think that these kind of builds, while absolutely great to play (honestly one of the most fun chars I had yet) and while they are fantastic at overall clear speed and mapping.. I find them to be lacking when it comes to doing bosses.

On one hand this is due to the buffed health of red map bosses, but on the other hand path of building just shows that the dps isn't quite that amazing. Sunder simply isn't the best single target destroyer. Where it shines against packs it lacks a bit against single big bosses.

How do you guys handle it? Do you do guardians and Shaper with these kind of builds?
I used this guide aa good base to the build however with some changes to passive and items
If you inspect my character you can see my build and items.

I've been breezing through all content up till Tier 13, but i dont have any T14/15 maps yet but im sure I'll breeze through those as well.

Awesome character to play! I just wreck everything :D
Last edited by OGPesto on Sep 14, 2017, 12:42:26 PM
around 7.2k life damage seems a tad low upgrade suggestions would be nice. I know I need a 6 link, but it has been a pain to try and get.

Last edited by kewlmidgetman on Sep 16, 2017, 3:53:08 AM
Is Wise Oak worth using if I can't balance my resists? Balancing resists feels impossible D:
"
Aloone wrote:
So if i Will stack armor or evasion it Will be same? And about evasion how it works with suggested boots? It say i cant evade, so why stack evasion? and in that case why we going +evasion rating in tree?
... I am so confused sorry...

Armour is ideal as it's the one you benefit from most giving you phys mitigation and making colouring your gear easier. I'm saying that you should pay more attention to the affixes on the item rather than whether or not it has a ton of armour, as long as there is some armour on it to make colouring easier it's fine.
"
CanneebaL wrote:
Hello, i am currently level 65 and i appreciate your build.

I have an issue because i just did my cruel Lab and i was thinking about where to put my points. Outmatch and Outlast looks almost useless against bosses. I'm used to Raider and these nodes looks so weak since you cant generate charges against bosses.

Would you put the 2 points into something else instead. Almost all the other remaining looks better in my opinion. Thank You.

This build is not meant for boss killing, but rather for mapping and staying alive while doing so.
"
Malbini wrote:
Nice build. Absolutely fantastic gameplay (tough vs the super endgame content but thats ok)

Can you guys have a look at my char and give me some advice what to improve?

- is ruthless the best 6th gem in the chest or is added fire better?

- is a 40% increased sunder dmg helm worth it ?

- is taking "path of the warrior" passive worth it ?

Thx !

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Malbini/characters

- If it's raw dps you want, could lead to you killing yourself on a reflect rare.

- Save the money for your second character or to buy some of the recommended gear in the guide.

- Not really.
"
zankioh wrote:
I have a lvl 90 sunder guy that you can look at and while, yes, the soul taker isn't divined into a top roll yet and it's only on a 5 link, I think that these kind of builds, while absolutely great to play (honestly one of the most fun chars I had yet) and while they are fantastic at overall clear speed and mapping.. I find them to be lacking when it comes to doing bosses.

On one hand this is due to the buffed health of red map bosses, but on the other hand path of building just shows that the dps isn't quite that amazing. Sunder simply isn't the best single target destroyer. Where it shines against packs it lacks a bit against single big bosses.

How do you guys handle it? Do you do guardians and Shaper with these kind of builds?

There's a dude in the comments somewhere that did Shaper with a variant of this build iirc, so it's possible but I'd just skip bosses in t15/16 maps.
"
kewlmidgetman wrote:
around 7.2k life damage seems a tad low upgrade suggestions would be nice. I know I need a 6 link, but it has been a pain to try and get.

I don't know what level your character is but you gain a bunch of flat life with each level and that's when both the belly and all the %life nodes on the tree really shine.
"
MaoKhan wrote:
Is Wise Oak worth using if I can't balance my resists? Balancing resists feels impossible D:

The guide covers what I consider to be the ideal flask setup. Wise Oak only ever really feels good when you can balance resistances, which to me seems like too much of a hassle.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info