[3.4] HC RT Sunder Gladiator League Starter Build Guide

"
zian wrote:
would slayer be better for endgame content? guardians,shaper,uberlab,etc

the gladiator bleed explosion seem redundant when you got good gear and one shot white mobs

outmatch and outlast is useless against single bosses

and i doubt block/spell block gonna save you in hard fights {only 40% with prismatic eclipse}

great build really easy start

Slayer is probably better for boss killing but then again there are probably better builds for boss killing than sunder.
It's better to get a +2 mana on hit roll on jewel or a 0,3 dmg to mana?
"
Cranbery wrote:
Hey all. Great build and comments, has helped me adjust well.

I've cleared all the T15's no problem, blow through them. Guardians are giving me a hard time, I don't feel like I do enough damage and I think it's because I'm running soul taker, where I have a rare that has double the damage. My problem is when I take soul taker off my mana is way too low even with level 3 enlighten.

I'm using the passive tree in the OP, where is everyone getting mana leech from? Without soul taker equipped I can get a few sunders off and I'm oom. With soul taker on it's like a death machine though.

I have a 40% belly I'm working on 6 linking. I usually run

but switch to these for guardians for the HP

Other Gear:

The rare axe I'd like to use if mana wasn't an issue:

Flasks:

Also, I have taken damage on full life out because it can't work with blood rage from what I see. WHen my blood rage is on, even if I'm hitting a target constantly regenning it will never go to max. Blood rage automatically puts you at 99% and doesn't let you get to 100%, so I've been using maim instead.

Gladiator ascendancy.

Are you sure about the bloodrage and damage at full life ?. I just tested it in my hideout and it looks like it doesn't affect it but I do have enough regen to offset it.
What do you guys think about going with Vaal Pact node with this build (slightly tweaked) as a slayer? If we were to dump those 4 points to the left of finesse and two others (for example near golem's blood or herbalism), would it be worth it? Instant life gain instead of slower leech-regen.
I am having trouble completing uber lab and i don't know why can someone give me some pointers ?
Edit: i know about having an anti bleed life flask i ran with that when attempting the lab.
Last edited by ZacharyWeekend on Aug 27, 2017, 10:43:29 AM
"
viper0n wrote:
"
Cranbery wrote:
Hey all. Great build and comments, has helped me adjust well.

I've cleared all the T15's no problem, blow through them. Guardians are giving me a hard time, I don't feel like I do enough damage and I think it's because I'm running soul taker, where I have a rare that has double the damage. My problem is when I take soul taker off my mana is way too low even with level 3 enlighten.

I'm using the passive tree in the OP, where is everyone getting mana leech from? Without soul taker equipped I can get a few sunders off and I'm oom. With soul taker on it's like a death machine though.

I have a 40% belly I'm working on 6 linking. I usually run

but switch to these for guardians for the HP

Other Gear:

The rare axe I'd like to use if mana wasn't an issue:

Flasks:

Also, I have taken damage on full life out because it can't work with blood rage from what I see. WHen my blood rage is on, even if I'm hitting a target constantly regenning it will never go to max. Blood rage automatically puts you at 99% and doesn't let you get to 100%, so I've been using maim instead.

Gladiator ascendancy.

Are you sure about the bloodrage and damage at full life ?. I just tested it in my hideout and it looks like it doesn't affect it but I do have enough regen to offset it.

Definitely. For me it keeps me at 99% always. I don't know if there's something to change that that I don't have.
It could be that I'm just overly paranoid since I'm playing HC, but I was thinking about converting a lot of the phys damage to elemental in an attempt to make Phys reflect neglectable.
Looking at your final tree I would have to use three skill points to get Winter Spirit and a total of 40% Phys to Cold conversion.

What's your thoughts on that? Or am I just being slightly too paranoid and this build has no problems with reflect (at least without using ruthless)?
"
Michaloff wrote:
It could be that I'm just overly paranoid since I'm playing HC, but I was thinking about converting a lot of the phys damage to elemental in an attempt to make Phys reflect neglectable.
Looking at your final tree I would have to use three skill points to get Winter Spirit and a total of 40% Phys to Cold conversion.

What's your thoughts on that? Or am I just being slightly too paranoid and this build has no problems with reflect (at least without using ruthless)?

Pretty much the reason I'm using Tempestuous Steel over Prismatic Eclipse and Added Fire over Ruthless. That in combination with ToH and Atziri's Promise is more than enough to not kill yourself on reflect rares, I don't ever run phys reflect maps.
"
WorstSmitesEU wrote:
"
Michaloff wrote:

Pretty much the reason I'm using Tempestuous Steel over Prismatic Eclipse and Added Fire over Ruthless. That in combination with ToH and Atziri's Promise is more than enough to not kill yourself on reflect rares, I don't ever run phys reflect maps.

Despite having played this game for quite a long time, some of the abbreviations are still lost on me until I hear the full name and go "Of course..".
So I have to ask, What's ToH again?

In terms of the off-hand, I might actually go ahead and try out Tempestuous Steel, right now I'm using Moonbender for that 25% Phys converted to Cold and 25% Phys converted to Lightning.

Edit: Derp, it's Taste of Hate.
Something I havent been close to afford just yet.
Last edited by Michaloff on Aug 28, 2017, 9:00:48 AM
How come nobody recommends using a Jack with this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info