What Dog Shootings Reveal About American Policing.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
dude freezing a lobster is a travesty

fresh boiled is soooo much better

and at the right stores you can still buy live lobsters especially on the coasts

http://kb.rspca.org.au/What-is-the-most-humane-way-to-kill-crustaceans-for-human-consumption_625.html

This isn't about storage, it's about appropriate kill methods.

And boiling is NOT an instant death.

Learn. Or don't.

And if your idea of 'travesty' is purely concerned with the taste/human experience, then you're just reinforcing the point regarding inhumane treatment of animals.

I dont regard all animals as equal i guess

Lobsters are food and should be prepared as such

my doggies on the other hand are my pets I love them and treat them as such

if im going to pay top dollar for lobster I want it done properly

lastly You actually can hear me yay :)

now you will probably mute me again :(
I dont see any any key!
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I just checked. 2017, the law became...law. In Texas. To not fuck animals. Two thousand friggin' seventeen.

We really screwed the pooch on that.

But don't worry! We made open-carry swords legal this year, too!

---

I do completely understand the "it's just a dog" mentality. Animals are great and all, but they're just animals. It's going to take a while to reverse the cultural effects of ranching for hundreds of years, or of Christian influence declaring humans to be a separate class of animal.

I'm not entirely sure what the end-goal of wanting to treat all animals humanely is. If I can afford to inconvenience myself to give animals more space, I will, but when push comes to shove or the cost gets too onerous, humans come first.

---

... But that's not the circumstances in the OP's article.

I agree with the articles thesis (and the comment that comparing dogs to humans is indeed callous) -- trigger-happy cops are a public menace whether they're causing chilling effects, property damage, or loss of human life.
that cop must have never been around dogs

the fist dog that approaches him was wagging its tale....

and the second only approached to see what happened to the other dog
I dont see any any key!
I think cops have an attitude of preemption that probably didnt exist years ago. You know like invading countries who did nothing to you just to be safe like that imbecile GWB did. This preemption "just to be safe" idea has filtered down culturally everyplace I believe from zero tolerance teaching to police killing dogs and people at slightest provocation or none at all.
Git R Dun!
"
鬼殺し wrote:
So i finally read the article soneka. Man. Nothing enlightening but so sad.

Overreaction remains the American MO.

Truth.

I think I saw a video that compared British cops and USA cops, and if I'm not wrong British cops receive training for 2 years, and USA cops only 19 weeks and of those 19 weeks a large amount of time is dedicated to shooting targets, so yeah, I think it's expected for them to overreact that much, they have been trained as gunslingers after all.

(I tried to find the video, but had no luck).
It isnt that the cops just shoot far more than they have too, it's that they pull their gun way way more than is needed. Iv been dropped to my knees at gun point more times than i can remember for dangerous activities such as: speeding, having the music too high, having unpaid parking fines, and no reason at all!
Believe it or not, it wasnt until i got out of town and went to texas that i witnessed police that were actually respectful and treated me like a human being rather than some dangerous rabid animal to be locked up or chased away. (where i was questioned for the horrible crime of drinking a soda in my car)
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
"
鬼殺し said:

Overreaction remains the American MO.

You can't argue with that! Across all spheres, pretty much. :(

Censored.
I got a far more offensive term than "pig" that I typically refer to cops as. It would be a violation of this forums rules for me to say it.

Hypothetical here, which happens to be a reality in some cases:

You get an abusive PTSD jarhead who comes back from 2 tours of putting their boots down on hapless civilians overseas, just to come back to civilian life and be without the skills for any other employment besides "enforcement". The masses are told by the government and media that they're heroes who're doing their jobs just to protect and serve us. A lot of them are mentally unstable, have a superiority complex with massively inflated egos. And it's not helpful that American culture, in part serves to verbally fellate them. So they expect nothing less than that or they're prone to flipping their lids. My point is some of the craziest mother fuckers, and people most prone to violence are the ones they're giving badges to.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jul 15, 2017, 7:09:07 PM
I agree with you, mr smiley. But people go insane if you say this.
Censored.
The left hates cops because they think they're a bunch of racist brutes. The right worships cops because "Heroes who protect and serve". The truth is somewhere in the middle of that.

Recruitment standards have gotten too soft for military enlistment. People who signed up for battle used to be made of way tougher stuff. Lots of people get a taste of stuff overseas that they're not tough enough to handle and move on with their lives. And people wonder why there are so many PTSD cases.

I know someone who "lost it". Someone I went to HS with. They got stationed in Iraq, Fallujah I believe, and there was a car bomb that went off near his post, and they went to take control of the situation and assist the local police (what was left of them). There were pieces of kids scattered everywhere, and his unit had to help clean up the mess. Scraping body parts off the pavement with shovels. Stuff like this is the makings for PTSD.

Someone who's "tough" would go back to the barracks and make jokes about it. Like jokingly complain about having to flip hamburger meat all day and say "at least it pays better than Mcdonalds!". As insensitive as that might be, that's the type of mindset that people need to have to go overseas, fight wars, and come back without being completely, totally, emotionally, scarred for life. Psychopaths make the best warriors. The challenge is getting them to follow orders.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info