Announcing the Two-Week Turmoil Event!

why top 15,000 players? why do i have to hurry my ass to win something? isnt it about chillin and enjoying the game?
"
liborio92 wrote:
why top 15,000 players? why do i have to hurry my ass to win something? isnt it about chillin and enjoying the game?

^ This is what today's gamers say in response to rewards for a RACE.

Thanks Blizzard.
"
liborio92 wrote:

Not trying to be a smartass or anything, but it is called a "race". Kinda implies that hurrying is what should be rewarded.

And on a separate note, why are people so concerned over whether or not the races are voided? The gear would go to Standard anyway, and who cares about Standard? Standard is already a cesspool of all the godly gear that's been accumulated in the game over the past 4 years anyway, would a little more even make that much difference?
Thanks for this non voided race GGG and thanks for keeping legacy league going for people with less time to play. Despite the no lifers crying about legacy not ending, extending is probably the healthy thing to do given the alternatives are playing in Standard with no league mods active.

As they say: You can please some of the people some of the time. Thing is I don't actually think you can please the type of person who posts frothing spittle flecked demands on forums... Those types in my opinion are beyond help. A couple decades of gaming has shown me there will always be those demanding permanently dissatisfied people. Because nothing you or any other game company will ever do will satisfy them for the amount of free time they have. They exercise their impotent rage on game forums not because extending a league or having one third of the two week races non-voided and with a little tamer mods is such a bad idea: but because they are powerless hateful little people who don't have enough escapist entertainment to ever get close to filling the hole they want to fill.

Way more people will play a non voided race, me for example. Even if they don't race usually because at least our effort and time aren't for nothing after 2 weeks. After what has it been 2 or 3 voided two week races? And half a hundred shorter voided races they still have the gall to come to a forum and s*** themselves in public?

Embarrassing.

PS. there is one thing that would take away one of their crying points: allow them to click a button to merge down to standard. And maybe consider putting this button on all future temp leagues like it is in SSF leagues. Allowing players to get their fill of the temp league and "rip to standard" instead of crying on the forums would be better for everyone.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Jul 11, 2017, 5:38:41 PM
Can't wait, this sounds like a lot of fun!
Mar mar mar mar
Very disappointed in GGG. Highly unfair for players who paid real money for thes mtx. Im skipping this event, just to avoid getting any duplicate mtx that I already bought.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Last edited by DreadLordAvatar on Jul 12, 2017, 3:55:16 PM
"
liborio92 wrote:

8/10 high quality bait
What time does it start? It only says 14th us and 15th NZ
Note that for Invaders we've disabled the Bladeback Guardian Porcupine Goliath. Best news I gotten all day. I hate that bastard with his reflects. Makes noob life hard as hell.
#nooblivesmatter
Wow, we've got quite a bit of whine in the forums, you guys want some cheese with that? Perfectly reasonable release in my opinion, some fun stuff to hold over for people bored of Legacy, Standard, AND Beta while we wait for 3.0.0. And if you're really bored of everything, it's permissible to take a break from the game you know... like walk outside for once? Or maybe play another game for a while.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info