Announcing the Two-Week Turmoil Event!

"
Vodkaholic86 wrote:
Hi,

New to the game here, can some one explain how this events work?

you create a new character when event starts, and compete in it for prizes or just play
have finally gotten used to the lab... I dont hate it anymore.:)
"
Crixor wrote:
Although I would've loved to see a race with crazier mods, it is what it is, however can we PLEASE get demi's for the top 5 per ascendancy. Give us an incentive to actually race, instead of watching the same group of people getting ANOTHER demi.

As someone who has a 0% chance to hit top 5 in any ascendancy, I second this request. Alternate-art demi's for top racer only makes sense, but the next 4 or 5 after that should get a regular-art demi's. Having the only guaranteed prize go to the _single_ top per ascendancy class seems toxic.
"
Heptonius wrote:
Is it really just a weak-sauce Mayhem? I expected a bit more from it.. There were many crazy ideas that people came up with in comment section and this is all we are gonna get? Still gonna play, but .. I understand you have a lot of work with 3.0, but you could atleast put Darkshrines into play..

Unfortunately lots of people wanted it to not be voided so they can't allow the super dense farming of a full mayhem style league. Only in voided leagues can they add all the over-the-top crazy fun stuff.
"
Darkro1 wrote:
Awesome news, awesome league. All the butt-hurt people, no one cares about you. No really, no one, you are the ones that will complain regardless if its one way or the other.
You are even now complaining about the extra effort they made to give us an additional event, instead of just sitting on their ass with 3.0 and let us wait in silence for a few more weeks. Go play some other games where the Devs will give 0 $hits about all of you.

Glad that GGG gave us a fresh start and something to do for 2 weeks while waiting for 3.0.

Thank you.

"Extra effort"

You know we only get races and events because their system is already configured for them and it take no effort to set up, right? Chris Wilson has said so himself in a podcast. "I can turn on a league in 30 seconds if I wanted to."

Chris also said, "So far it looks like voided events (regardless of mods) have lower turnout. People really want to keep their items!" and then gives the okay to present this totally underwhelming follow-up to Mayhem. He said that a year ago, so what changed? Some will argue bad planning, but I and everyone with an understanding of PoE's economy know that even Mayhem would have had 0 effect on the Standard economy were it unvoided, so why couldn't they at least try to make Turmoil more interesting or fun?
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
Disappointing turns of events of what could be such a epic race, especially considering all the good ideas that the community was tlaking about. Will feel severely underwhelming after all that Mayhem was.
Shadow masterrace.
Meh... I'll wait for 3.0.

Turmoil is like Mayhem lite. I'd rather keep Mayhem itself.
I'm thrilled with the idea of this event! I really feel like it addresses many of the asks I had in my thread regarding what lessons could be learned from Mayhem https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1918068.

Adding multiple mechanics at once will be a lot of fun and should make for some seriously interesting encounters.

Also really glad you are not making this a void league. I feel like it encourages all players to take part in these events since the result of your efforts goes back into your standard account pool.

Really looking forward to Friday! On a side note ... can you put character slots on sale again? I feel like I'm in need of a few (or 10).
meh

SSF is no challenge with such mods, easymode rather.
As mentioned before: Flashback and even Darkshrine with insane Loot Generation were not voided and it did not affect standard in any way. Plus we can make much more insane combinations in the Legacy league which is of course not voided. I will surely play this to lvl 90 for a shot at the rewards but thats it, there is simply no spur to do more.
omigigi i need some of these rewards !!! RNG GODS plsssss

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info