[3.2] 2H Warchief - SSF/HC/Starter [Berserker] - All Content (?) (Videos)

"
gregnog wrote:
Ya I don't think the leech works for us, just the totems.

Seems like the last two ascendancy are pretty bad with berserker. Almost makes me wish I chose a different one.

If you want to be tanky Berserker is not that great an option over something like Jugg.

Berserker gives you damage and high sustain, and it's a good thing that it only takes Cruel lab to get there.
I'm following your guide and the gameplay is smooth. Thanks for the guide!
Last edited by eviliadus on Mar 20, 2018, 11:13:40 AM
"
"
gregnog wrote:
Ya I don't think the leech works for us, just the totems.

Seems like the last two ascendancy are pretty bad with berserker. Almost makes me wish I chose a different one.

If you want to be tanky Berserker is not that great an option over something like Jugg.

Berserker gives you damage and high sustain, and it's a good thing that it only takes Cruel lab to get there.

First of all: great guide! Thanks for your work and effort!

It's not about tankieness what he meant (I assume), it's about the Ascendancies in the guide:

War Bringer -> Aspect of Carnage -> Pain Reaver -> Cloaked in Savagery

War Bringer is obvious. Aspect of Carnage also. Pain Reaver and Cloaked in Savagery don't make sense in 3.2, though. Pain Reaver gives us leech which doesn't count anyway since we do no damage. Cloaked in Savagery also doesn't seem logical to me.

That leaves us with two choices: Rite of Ruin and Crave the Slaughter. The first one is a good choice in my opinion since War Bringer already generates Rage. The latter does - once again - nothing for us but is needed to get Rite of Ruin.

I'm asking this as a result: are the Ascendancy points correct for 3.2? Berseker is fine, don't get me wrong, but 2 Ascendancies (4 points) doing nothing for us doesn't seem very optimized, does it? ;) On the other hand, at least one Ascendancy is worthless anyway, but isn't it then better to go for 1 ineffective Ascendancy than 2?
Last edited by Erytheis1 on Mar 29, 2018, 6:12:08 PM
Pain Reaver is indeed useless. Cloaked in Savagery however gives us a decent albeit unreliable DPS boost.

You're free to take Rite of Ruin if you want. I don't recommend it because I don't feel Rage is consistent enough to keep up to get the benefits from it. Still, the last 4 Asc points don't really do much you're free to experiment with whatever you like.
"
Pain Reaver is indeed useless. Cloaked in Savagery however gives us a decent albeit unreliable DPS boost.

You're free to take Rite of Ruin if you want. I don't recommend it because I don't feel Rage is consistent enough to keep up to get the benefits from it. Still, the last 4 Asc points don't really do much you're free to experiment with whatever you like.

Thanks for answering!

Sorry, my bad for not seeing the 'Savage Hit' triggers on 'Cloaked in Savagery'. Okay, then it makes sense (even if unreliable). I will indeed experiment and at least PoB shows more DPS with Crave the Slaughter and Rite of Ruin, assuming we can keep up Rage stacks (which is easily possible, when spamming Endurance Cry). On the other hand, Rite of Ruin also higher the life degen due to "Effects granted from Rage are doubled" - but makes you stun immune on full stacks. Crave the Slaughter comes with an additional 10% increased Damage taken, but also 40% more Damage done.

Will report once I have enough data. Your suggestion, after having a closer look and some theorycrafting, seems like a better balance between damage output and income for now.
Last edited by Erytheis1 on Mar 30, 2018, 7:41:48 AM
"
Hello,

I'm a new player currently lv 16 on SSF HC, would it be viable for me to switch chieftain at ascendancy for the extra safety? (taunt totems and leech).

I'm not that bothered about dps loss, more concerned with survival and I read taunt totems help with that.

Also I'm a little confused about following the guide where you mention 'hybrid' being the best build for SSF - I didn't see anything about a hybrid specific skill tree - I assume they all follow the same skill tree (with the exception of weapon nodes).

You can take whichever Marauder Asc you want, even Jugg.

Hybrid refers to the Axe version of the tree.
Hi, does the berserker work well with totems after the ascendancy changes in 3.2? sorry if this has already been asked. ty in advance!
"
yennk2 wrote:
Hi, does the berserker work well with totems after the ascendancy changes in 3.2? sorry if this has already been asked. ty in advance!

It's fine. Perhaps not as well as Hiero, but fine.
Awesome build, definitely HC viable(playing it now, did merciless lab at lvl 59 or 60, from which i got this enchant
, which makes me pratically immortal now) one thing i find painful is the movement speed, do you have any suggest?

Also, do you know what I was thinking? Going Ngamahu's Flame and taking the Chieftain ascendancy for the full fire conversion, plus leech from totems and 70% extra fire damage, what do you think? I'll give feedback
Last edited by mazzopi on Apr 29, 2018, 7:26:56 PM
"
mazzopi wrote:
Awesome build, definitely HC viable(playing it now, did merciless lab at lvl 59 or 60, from which i got this enchant
, which makes me pratically immortal now) one thing i find painful is the movement speed, do you have any suggest?

Get a 2H with high %IAS for Leap Slam. I don't really ever walk anywhere important.

"
Also, do you know what I was thinking? Going Ngamahu's Flame and taking the Chieftain ascendancy for the full fire conversion, plus leech from totems and 70% extra fire damage, what do you think? I'll give feedback

You'll be scaling differently, but it isn't necessarily bad. I don't have a strong opinion either way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info