[3.5] Death by a Thousand Cuts - Frost Blades & Blade Flurry Raider

will the icebite gem be effective with the elemental focus gem in the same link?
"
theesquag wrote:
will the icebite gem be effective with the elemental focus gem in the same link?

Ice Bite isn't used for the freeze but for the added cold damage. That said, after some more calculations it seems that phys proj support gives more damage, so we'll be switching to that.

"
Semi-new to this game and was looking for a build that utilizes 2H Sword on a female class and this looks like just the thing I wanted. I'm a bit confused on the Skill tree however. I see how the paths branch out into various directions from left to right. How do I properly follow this tree? Appreciate any assistance.

I'll be adding some trees into the leveling section within the hour.
Last edited by CynthiaCrescent on Aug 5, 2017, 6:50:02 AM
Update:
* Fixed some gem link imaging
* Molten Strike's 6th link is now Physical Project Support (for the Magma Balls)
* Added leveling skill trees in the leveling section
Update:

* Added Flicker Strike Support as an alternative to Frost Blades
Hey! Currently running this build in the new league, got to 86 and running t7s without much issue. Got a few questions..

Is chain really necessary? I find it cuts the damage by too much. Hot slice also suggested lioneye's vision for pierce so we can drop chain. What do you think?

Also, can we run Hatred in this build?

I had a lucky devoto's devotion drop, would you use it over starkonja's?
Last edited by excaian on Aug 9, 2017, 3:09:05 AM
"
excaian wrote:
Is chain really necessary? I find it cuts the damage by too much. Hot slice also suggested lioneye's vision for pierce so we can drop chain. What do you think?

This build used to rely on Belly/Kaoms but since the reworked tree any generic life chest is fine. If it helps your damage then all the better. What I did before was putting Chain back in when my weapon was high enough dps that it wouldn't matter (for clearing at least). You can also forego chain or pierce altogether, like what more generic Frost Blades builds do.

"
Also, can we run Hatred in this build?

You should run Hatred 100%. It used to be here but in one of my clean up I must have accidentally deleted it. I fixed that now.

"
I had a lucky devoto's devotion drop, would you use it over starkonja's?

Devotos or Starkonja or Rat's Nest are all kind of interchangeable for this build. We have enough life from tree now you can pick what you like.
I'm lvl 75 atm and have some issues with map bosses (t3 and higher-.-) or in general with unique monsters. My damage is fine but im to less tanky. Have 3.2k life, all res at 75%, playing with immortal call and cwdt and not enought currency to get belly of the beast. Do you know what i can do to become more tanky?
Why dont you fill out the rest of Acro and get Phase Acro?

Also, what support gem would you use as an alternative to chain if we feel we dont need chain?
Last edited by Coryn101 on Aug 10, 2017, 12:24:12 PM
"
Coryn101 wrote:
Why dont you fill out the rest of Acro and get Phase Acro?

Also, what support gem would you use as an alternative to chain if we feel we dont need chain?

The tree is already too tight with the Frenzy Charges to spend 4 points for Phase Acro. Of course you're free to experiment and tell us if you feel that's better.

If you don't want Chain, use Melee Physical. You can even ditch Faster Attack for Ruthless if you want to maximise DPS.
"
Kelpou wrote:
I'm lvl 75 atm and have some issues with map bosses (t3 and higher-.-) or in general with unique monsters. My damage is fine but im to less tanky. Have 3.2k life, all res at 75%, playing with immortal call and cwdt and not enought currency to get belly of the beast. Do you know what i can do to become more tanky?

You need a lot more life on your gear. Your helmet and accessories have none, and your chest should have 100+ compared to the current 47.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info