[3.5] Death by a Thousand Cuts - Frost Blades & Blade Flurry Raider

i know this build have got a PoB link but i'm unable to find it :/
I've never done any of the guardians but I reckon I'll try this league.

Is there some Molten Strike DPS benchmark and Life benchmarch I should strive for before attempting it?
"
Garash wrote:

Is there some Molten Strike DPS benchmark and Life benchmarch I should strive for before attempting it?

Molten Strike DPS is practically impossible to calculate accurately. As for life, generally 5k+, more if you're not confident in your own skills.

It's a process of learning, most of all.
i'm doing this build for flashback after doing a pure frost blades build for bestiary. i've only got 1 ex so what should i spend it on?
"
i'm doing this build for flashback after doing a pure frost blades build for bestiary. i've only got 1 ex so what should i spend it on?

6L rare. Flasks. Accessories with flat phys.
"
"
Garash wrote:

Molten Strike DPS is practically impossible to calculate accurately. As for life, generally 5k+, more if you're not confident in your own skills.

It's a process of learning, most of all.

Thanks for answering.

I managed to do Hydra without much of an issue.

Chimera and Minotaur has defeated me though. Minotaur has killed me three times because I had so little life (he one shots me more or less).

I'm using a +1 frenzy kaom's roots for the additional life, and using that I only get to 5.2k life.

I'll invest some more in accessories to boost my life a bit. If I go for 1 dps stat + life for accessories, which would be the one to go for? Is WED%, Crit multi or flat added cold the best improvement dps-wise?

With my current setup I have 113k dps on molten strike, when my golem is up and my ancestral protector is up and with hatred and herald of ice.

I'll do ancestral protector + culling strike + vaal grace on my weapon link, and use hatred instead of Onslaught on my helm, seeing as I don't think it'll generate that many onslaughts during boss fights, even with some adds?

Spoiler

is my current gear.
"
Garash wrote:

Spoiler

is my current gear.

Rule of thumb is 50+ life for accessories, 80+ for armour, 100+ for body if able. You should try to get accuracy on your gear instead of wasting points on the tree for something like that. Out of all your temporary DPS boost, Frost Bomb is probably the most important one against bosses like Minotaur.

I do NOT suggest Kaom's Roots. It makes you unable to evade which is a significant part of your defences.
"
"
Garash wrote:

Spoiler

is my current gear.

Rule of thumb is 50+ life for accessories, 80+ for armour, 100+ for body if able. You should try to get accuracy on your gear instead of wasting points on the tree for something like that. Out of all your temporary DPS boost, Frost Bomb is probably the most important one against bosses like Minotaur.

I do NOT suggest Kaom's Roots. It makes you unable to evade which is a significant part of your defences.

Thank you for answering. I bought a glove with 400 accuracy and that made me able to respec my accuracy nodes into life and 20 intelligence + a jewel slot. With those gloves I reached 87 % accuracy without a golem and 89 % with a golem which seemed nice.

I actually managed to kill Shaper (along with the 15 anomalies Challenge) using this guide so thank you! I didnt Think I would be able to kill him but I did with 5.5k life. I am yet able to down Chimera or Minotaur though.. Hydra and Phoenix were not that hard on my first try, albeit I did use 2 or so portals.

I removes my Kaoms roots and only use it on Elder fight nowadays to avoid being unable to move. I recommend this build to people. It is fun, fast paced and able to do fun bosses.

I did approach end game as Ive always done, i.e. get overcapped with resistances. It wasnt until now I realized thats obsolete when using the warding flask so next league Ill aim for 75 all elemental res and have some more leeway to get more dps on jewelries.

It seemed like I did less dps than you on your shaper video even though I have 20/20 gems linked in my molten strike setup and whatnot.
Loving the build, using it in incursion to farm shaper and hopefully do an uber elder.
PM @KaspeR_Warbands (Warbands) | @KaspeRHC (Standard)
Standard Atziri Service www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1400006
How do you feel deadeye would perform? Seems like you could pump out a lot of dmg if you setup an acestral protector to cause bleeding and also getting the extra projectile dmg and freeing up the need for accuracy; just not sure if Raider might still be the more well rounded due to defenses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info