Weekly Beta Report Two

Sounds like another 2 weeks wait at least for the new mtx system.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Game's dead.
Beta so far from what I've played just seems like a huge power creep. The change to Perfect Agony seems a bit too much. The amount of investment it would take to make it decent just doesn't seem worth it at 30%, and losing so much initial hit from gems and agony for a slight bump to DoT damage just doesn't feel right. A lot of the Pantheon abilities are just so underwhelming. Also playing as a non-ranged melee in some of the boss fights the new acts introduce is just not fun(not difficult just not fun).

It might just be me outgrowing PoE, but this expansion seems rather disappointing thus far.
IGN: Tesael
"
The above changes are planned because the supports and keystones were mandatory to produce worthwhile damage values for Damage Over Time builds, and we'd prefer to keep the bonuses more consistent with other support gems to provide more flexible support choices in builds wherever possible.
I assumed the high support modifiers were on purpose. DoT builds NEED higher modifiers than hit builds, because they start with a ~60% less damage modifier by default, and fewer scaling options. So the new, very-high modifier gems and tree passives made sense as a way to shore up that gulf. If DoT builds only have access to the same magnitude of scaling as hit builds, how will they ever compete?

This post doesn't mention any buffs to DoT, only nerfs. Where are the buffs?

edit: To mention the parts that I liked, I'm glad GGG is taking the time to make sure this extremely ambitious project will be a success. I'm glad Bleed will be specifically addressed. And I'm glad for the upcoming lab changes.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Last edited by ThatsSoGoodman on Jun 21, 2017, 10:31:11 PM
Good Stuff, Thanks all.
Brutality should have way more damage considering its downsides, whereas WED gem has zero downsides?? Ridiculous.
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
People doesn't seem to understand many things. Constantly complaining while the problem is in their lack of knowledge. They even constantly asks questions that are answered in the original post. People also complained not knowing about the wipe and update change to next week. It's not GGG fault. We others knew it. It is constantly spoken about in Global chat in the game. It was told in a GGG post.
The complains are laughable. "My OP build got nerfed it can't deal millions of dps anymore" "ES not worth it" while there's a reddit video about a guy in Beta doing deathless Shaper with 11K ES character.

Brutality is not a gem that is made to boost cyclone and I find it weird people claims this. It is a gem that is made to scale bleed. It doesn't deal elemental damage because bleed doesn't scale out of elemental damage. Bleed also does not scale out of chaos damage. Chaos damage however scales very well out of brutality right now before the nerf is active. All my bleed PoB builds and while bleed beta builds have more poison damage than bleed damage while passive tree and gems are focused on bleed and physical and I only got 3 passives speaking about poison. Chaos damage dealing chance alone is able to make poison deal more damage than the bleed and physical damage skill.

Bleed didn't scale very well. With Berserker or Assassin (people thought gladiator is there for bleed damage but it's only Berserker and Assassin, gladiator is a class that makes bleed deal % dmg explosions instead of real bleed dot)
I got barely over 100k bleed on non crit build in PoB. With crit/perfect agony it was ~520k while zero investment poison was ~600k and sunder aka non dot skill was ~490k. These stats with 200% life and not 100% life millions of deeps builds aka could actually survive real content.
Currently poison without investment was better than heavily invested physical non dot skill and heavily invested bleed. This means Brutality chaos removal is acceptable.
Perfect Agony was a must for bleed to deal over 150k dps without GG mirrored gear(or near GG mirrored). This means non crit builds would be rather bad bleed damage dealers. This means Perfect Agony needs a nerf and the non crit bleed needs a buff and that is what they are doing. Bleeds should not be a crit build's monopoly. I personally wanted more like 50% dot instead of 30% dot on Perfect agony. At least for first and if it's still clearly mandatory to take Perfect Agony then put the 30% as the value.
When I speak about bleed dps it's while enemy is moving.

I have no experience about ignite. I was a bit surprised about deadly ailments changes.

I can't believe the ignorance in the comments under this post. And what you have to say while not having any idea what is happening. Complaining "this well known OP thing is being nerfed" "refund support packs" and while I see rarely anyone giving any feedback to beta feedback section, all complaining happens in Reddit and many only played Beta just as if it was early an access to new content instead of a beta.

SHAME *DING DING DING* SHAME *DING DING DING* SHAME *DING DING DING*

Good Job GGG!
Last edited by DontOpenDeadInside on Jun 21, 2017, 10:55:40 PM
GGG, is your intention to make DoT only usable as secondary damage? If you wanted to kill DoT builds completely, well, congratulations, you did it.
In context of ailment balance, im surprised there's no mention of assassin being the only real choise for poison/bleed - it pretty much offers three times the value of any other class, even with perfect agony nerfed.
Last edited by AngryD0rf on Jun 21, 2017, 11:31:03 PM
loving the beta!! ty for such an awesome ARPG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info