Weekly Beta Report Two

Don't like the brutality change. Pure physical damage is too difficult to scale. There aren't any auras that benefit physical damage, aside from using blasphemy/vulnerability, there's no physical herald, and there aren't a ton of flasks that benefit pure phys. It doesn't seem worth giving up hatred/HoA/Atziri flask/Vinktar/etc. for 59% more phys damage. As-is, brutality seems like it would only really be good with Starforge, which only maybe 1% of players will ever get, and even then, may not be worth giving up chaos damage for.

Bad change, please reconsider.
Can't wait for new Lab and Act 8! You guys are kicking ass. Keep it up.
I know you want it to be great but whilst waiting for the promised wipe this week & the next run through of beta I've actually started playing a new game & guess what I actually am enjoying it more.

I wonder how many other players are in the same boat as I?

I'd love to play the new content but the thought of running acts 1-4 again makes me groan. I work full time so it takes some time or no life to get to the end of act 4 to play acts 5-7, I waited to make a new toon as I thought there was a wipe happening this week. So waiting another week for next release makes me almost think I'll wait for the full release or maybe I won't be back at all as I maybe more engrossed in new game.

ign: Kza_Taza
"The above changes are planned because the supports and keystones were mandatory to produce worthwhile damage values for Damage Over Time builds"

So what are you doing to fix(buff) the builds that didn't even use them.
"
Qarl wrote:
We previously mentioned "mid-July" as our estimated release date. Given the team's growing ambition (and a desire to make sure problems the community have identified are fixed properly prior to release), it looks like it may be up to a few weeks longer. Whether this means late July or early August is too early to predict at this stage. We'll keep you updated in subsequent posts.

Does that mean more time for Legacy? I hope so! If so this may be a league in which I'm finally able to get high 30s in challenges. I'm a pretty slow in progress, lol.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
sherkhan wrote:
"
Whether this means late July or early August is too early to predict at this stage.

Summer's a good time to be away from the computer.

GGG is from NZ mate, it's winter there :/
Thanks, Qarl!

& a huge THANK YOU to the entire team at GGG that
are working hard on this amazing game to bring us new and fun content!
The Perfect Agony keystone will grant 30% of Critical Strike Multiplier and 30% less hit damage (It is currently by far the best way to build ailment damage, to an extreme degree).

I don't know if the wording is wrong or what, but are you essentially removing following:

Modifiers to Critical Strike Multiplier also apply to Damage Multiplier for Ailments from Critical Strikes at 75% of their value. 25% less Damage with Hits.

to

The Perfect Agony keystone will grant 30% of Critical Strike Multiplier and 30% less hit damage.

???

If so... why would anyone take this when "throatseeker" cluster gives 30% + 12% + 12% with no negative consequences and the fact that multiplier is easy to get?

/confused
@BatmanVoll
"
HappyRogue wrote:
Guess they can't meet any deadline. You're all suckers for rushing to buy the latest supporter packs.

How so? We're still getting an expansion, just a bit later. If anything, the supporter packs are giving them more value since it comes with beta access. So if beta is prolonged, then that means they're getting even more of a lead time with the new content than the rest of us.

People have been joking about GGG's timelines for years. Same with this time - I don't think anyone who's been around here for a while ever expected them to release on time. Which isn't an excuse, of course, but it does suggest that the buyers probably suspected that release would be delayed when they bought em' (since supporters are typically older, not new, players).

As someone who's been around ever since the very first open beta, I tend to be more patient about it - GGG already operates on a schedule that puts almost all other game companies to shame and so I can understand that they struggle to keep up with it. Before you suggest that they be up front about that - that's exactly what posts like this one are doing. It's hard to estimate timelines precisely months or weeks in advance, so of course they have to adjust it as they go along.

A lot of the people here are, imo, a bit spoilt by GGG's impressive output (speaking of their amount of content released, not balance since I know many are salty about the latest rash of changes) and so have come to expect of them even more than they already get without pausing to put it into context by comparing it with the performance of other developers in the industry. That's just human nature, I guess. More's the pity...
"
Qarl wrote:
Next week's deployment will include access to all the Labyrinths. The following week's deployment will include a rework of the Labyrinths, which will centre around shortening the experience of the initial Labyrinth and gradually introducing elements up to a full Endgame Labyrinth. It also includes a variety of improvements based on player feedback.

Randomization at last?

The first necessary step toward GGG being able to balance its reward distribution to actually encourage exploration and be a fun (but challenging) experience?

Please say it's so.
Wash your hands, Exile!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info