Weekly Beta Report Two

"
matt29234 wrote:
"
ZannixFTW wrote:
PoE really needs a new person in charge of balance, it's like they got the team from d3 or something.

This is a online action rpg not a mmo. Things can be really powerful or broken just like the game it was based on (diablo 2). Rory is taking the mmo approach to balancing and listening to redditors who never know what they're talking about, I've witnessed devs doing this for many games and the end results were simply killing the game.

The first major change that needs to be undone is the aoe nerf. All it did was hurt 95% of aoe builds and make it so unless you're RF or something projectiles are the way to go.

The second horrible change is the gutting to ES. Now before you guys cry fotmer I've been doing CI builds since nemesis league and it's my playstyle of choice, I also use ES recharge since most of my builds can't leech. What really made it broken was ghost reaver + vaal pact not the ES values themself. I don't see myself pretty much ever doing a CI build again after 3.0 sadly because unless the gear is really cheap like before it became FotM there isn't any reason not to go with life even if I can find good cheap CI gear.

The next horrible change is simply the how they addressed double dipping. With the current system there is very little on the tree to scale most dot dmg especially bleed resulting on relying way too much on support gems. This is not a fun or creative way to build a character at all.

Oh and please don't tell you guys are actually censoring the tentacle miscreations. I thought the console version wasn't going to effect the PC version yet this censor and the aoe change make it clear that it was done for the xbox port since no real reason has been giving to us as of yet.

Pretty much rory needs to realize end game with godly gear always makes you broken in ARPG's and not to listen to redditors.

The problem here is that you give GGG to much credit they have been around now for long enough as a game company to see were its going they also just did the whole xbox thing how do you really think its going to pan out in the future its only going to keep dissapointing its just a question of how long till the game dies out 1 year 2 years mybe 4 if your lucky its just the same story as always people running companies not learning from others always adding somthing appealing yet never giving the audiances the whole package in the catagories they are released in feels like the only way these days to find a game worth its price is to buy single players because anything multiplayer online these days just continues to get worse even the large companies like blizzard ( world of warcraft ) keep changing what was working till the games unplayable by consistant audiances only people playing are ones who litrally got addicted who have friends playing still or new people who play for a month then quit and rice farmers this games going to be no diffrent
Honestly I feel like they're just trying to kill their game with these excessive nerfs. Seeing these changes only makes me regret buying a supporter pack more and more. Patch 3.0 is the patch that killed the game for me now, I don't see any good coming from this.
"
Tartaros38 wrote:

Brutality diversity ??? it was meant for phys and bleed if it is any good ... they only removed poison. What diversity were you talking about ??? the old style: what ever the fuck you do just make posion out of it and your build has broken dmg ????? ( you actually could go avatar of fire, and convert the fire in chaos and scale the poison and it was still better then the cold version ! you mean this diversity O_O.
Half of the new gems are very specific about 1 element or alignment. Why is this the deal breaker and not the ignite one for example O_O just don t understand it.
And yes i thing it will require some amount of points to skill the bleed. As it takes some amount of points to got crit, burn, spell dmg and so on .....
We have no further information on the changes but you are already certain it will be useless. I always wonder how the game becomes better over time but every decision made by ggg was horrible and people say Nerf X RIP POE. Then 1-2 weeks after lunch they watch streams with broken build and they are happy again.

Wait.. What? where in the hell it was specified it was made EXCLUSIVELY for Phys/Bleed purpose? Would that even be a thing? Like There is Already "Increase melee damage support gem" and the new "Bleed support gem" why in the hell would Brutality support be so limited to those?
And by "Diversity" i mean the Gem being able to Be Aplied in MANY builds/formats. Not a Simple no-brainer specific gem for only 1 purpose or thinking way.
New Gems are supposed to bring new build designs but also to give new air to old stuff and forge unique concepts in order to give the game diversity.
The thing is crit,burn and spell dmg are effective, mostly because they are self sufficient, i dunno if bleed gonna be useless but if its not self sufficient it will mostly be.
Not to RIP POE level but from patch notes and players discussion it's pretty clear ggg fckup in balance MANY times.
"
vladimirxk7 wrote:

Wait.. What? where in the hell it was specified it was made EXCLUSIVELY for Phys/Bleed purpose? Would that even be a thing? Like There is Already "Increase melee damage support gem" and the new "Bleed support gem" why in the hell would Brutality support be so limited to those?
And by "Diversity" i mean the Gem being able to Be Aplied in MANY builds/formats. Not a Simple no-brainer specific gem for only 1 purpose or thinking way.
New Gems are supposed to bring new build designs but also to give new air to old stuff and forge unique concepts in order to give the game diversity.
The thing is crit,burn and spell dmg are effective, mostly because they are self sufficient, i dunno if bleed gonna be useless but if its not self sufficient it will mostly be.
Not to RIP POE level but from patch notes and players discussion it's pretty clear ggg fckup in balance MANY times.

Just dunno where you draw the line which one should have diversity ot not ..... it actualy gives you one because you have to choose if you use this gem or go element conversion and scaling with hatred and so on ..... (which was the old no brainer and now you have to thing if it is worth it to use the gem or got the element way).
New build design .... check (pure phys was very rare and could increase with this), give old stuff new air .... a little because look above and bleed was never a thing because other stuff was just more efficent.
However where do you get this information how gems are supposed to be. I remember there was ignite gem, poison gem, a more dmg against burning enemies gem ..... they fit even less to your gem design.
Why should a gem only be for for as many builds as possible and not good for spesific builds?? Where do you use brun dmg gem ??? never used in anything but brun/ignite builds and if you have a brun/ignite dmg build it s a nobrainer. Making every gem useable for every build actually decreases diversity because they will be slightly different in power and only the top 5 of them will be useed.
Again your whole point is around the knowledge of bleed will be useless ..... i can t look in the future .... apparently you can so you win here.
About you balance point .... it s nearly impossible to balance the tree. just look at it. And yes they made mistakes but also many things right. Just because they nerf a build you wanted to play doesn t mean this was one of there mistakes.
Last edited by Tartaros38 on Jun 25, 2017, 5:01:41 AM
"
WizBlizz1994 wrote:
Honestly I feel like they're just trying to kill their game with these excessive nerfs. Seeing these changes only makes me regret buying a supporter pack more and more. Patch 3.0 is the patch that killed the game for me now, I don't see any good coming from this.

alright. I just looked at your account. You have 2 characters level 85+ and not a single level 90 in over 4 years. Either you always delete you high level first or you don t play in endgame for long anyway. Why do you complain about es and double dipping change??? You stop playing characters before it makes any sense to change to ci or get any real benefit of double dipping anyway. This change doesn t impact you at all^^.
If you like leveling and a playthrough with different characters this patch was actually really good for you. you don t have to do 3 times the same thing to finish the game.
"
Just dunno where you draw the line which one should have diversity ot not ..... it actualy gives you one because you have to choose if you use this gem or go element conversion and scaling with hatred and so on ..... (which was the old no brainer and now you have to thing if it is worth it to use the gem or got the element way).
New build design .... check (pure phys was very rare and could increase with this), give old stuff new air .... a little because look above and bleed was never a thing because other stuff was just more efficent.
However where do you get this information how gems are supposed to be. I remember there was ignite gem, poison gem, a more dmg against burning enemies gem ..... they fit even less to your gem design.
Why should a gem only be for for as many builds as possible and not good for spesific builds?? Where do you use brun dmg gem ??? never used in anything but brun/ignite builds and if you have a brun/ignite dmg build it s a nobrainer. Making every gem useable for every build actually decreases diversity because they will be slightly different in power and only the top 5 of them will be useed.
Again your whole point is around the knowledge of bleed will be useless ..... i can t look in the future .... apparently you can so you win here.
About you balance point .... it s nearly impossible to balance the tree. just look at it. And yes they made mistakes but also many things right. Just because they nerf a build you wanted to play doesn t mean this was one of there mistakes.

Cmom man i can't see the future but i can look to the past to have base with high probability chance about the stuff that will happen, you say my whole point is around bleed being useless, but tour whole is about it not being?
The "Diversity" i expect from the new stuff is the diversity old big updates brought.
So you believe Brutality pure phys build will be able to compete with element conversion builds? That's WAYYY to positive dude... The only way "full phys" could get close to Element Conversion was the combination with chaos damage, Removing Brutality's Chaos Damage and giving it more phys damage is stil a Huge Nerf to the Gem. For a Moment, imagine if Starforge get some damage increase but Completely lost it's possibility of dealing Chaos Damage, Would it still be A thing?
I Didn't talked about the other gems because their changes are mostly status change! Brutality chance is a MECHANIC change.
Ikr the tree is the source of alot of balance problems and consistency problems, but STILL they messed up alot of times, and if you believe that i deeply think brutality change is a big mistake for personal reasons thats actually quite sad.

Last edited by vladimirxk7 on Jun 25, 2017, 1:43:42 PM
so sad, how am i supposed to play without benches and MTX :( ah at least we get act 8 "P
When new act and wipe?
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
vladimirxk7 wrote:
"

Cmom man i can't see the future but i can look to the past to have base with high probability chance about the stuff that will happen, you say my whole point is around bleed being useless, but tour whole is about it not being?
The "Diversity" i expect from the new stuff is the diversity old big updates brought.
So you believe Brutality pure phys build will be able to compete with element conversion builds? That's WAYYY to positive dude... The only way "full phys" could get close to Element Conversion was the combination with chaos damage, Removing Brutality's Chaos Damage and giving it more phys damage is stil a Huge Nerf to the Gem. For a Moment, imagine if Starforge get some damage increase but Completely lost it's possibility of dealing Chaos Damage, Would it still be A thing?
I Didn't talked about the other gems because their changes are mostly status change! Brutality chance is a MECHANIC change.
Ikr the tree is the source of alot of balance problems and consistency problems, but STILL they messed up alot of times, and if you believe that i deeply think brutality change is a big mistake for personal reasons thats actually quite sad.

Why to positiv ?? the reason conversion was better : 1 you don t kill yourself to reflect as fast, 2 there were not enough gems to make a 6l build. the 2. changed with addition of new phys gems, the 1. might change with the reflect changes in beta.
Also phys/chaos poison was not "only way "full phys" could get close to Element Conversion was the combination with chaos damage" close to it. Posion was like 20 times more dmg then element conversation.
Also my point is not about bleed being usefull or not. I said in my first statment a gem designed for phys build and bleed IF IT IS ANY GOOD ... If it isn t i don t give 2 shits about it and it is only for phys builds. Bleed was always a fun nisch thing for low to mid tier maps. If they make it good enough for the most difficult content fine. If not you can still have fun with it. Most people are so bothered about endgame viability and end game boss killing. Then you look at the ladder at the end of a 3month league. Only a couple of hundred characters farm after the level challenge and most of them are streamers with multiple characters up there.

Also it s pretty sad if you have nothing better to do then play a game you only expect failures from.

i also don t know what old times you are talking about. You have a 3/4year old account with a single character on it. There weren t any big updates in that time. Maybe you had other accounts in the past but you certainly go crazy over something you barley have time for :-). Just make a spell build for 3.0 and 6 monthes later you might get a update you don t cry about. However since your experience is it can only get worse my final advice is get the 1.0 version and play it .... pretty sure you love it.

Also what you might miss .... you might still be able to poison if you want to. There is no mentioning of of not being able to inflict alignments. If it deals dmg or not is an other issue worth testing :-).
Last edited by Tartaros38 on Jun 25, 2017, 6:37:44 PM
"
d3sden0va wrote:
DoTs might have had a chance. They're gone now.

xDD roflmfao, i hope i can find fun in doing some stupid elemental builds now.
Buff life on the right side of the tree! Just a little! Pretty Please!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info