Should completing a higher tier of Labyrinth grant all lower tier's Ascendancy points?

"
Asmosis wrote:
all the lab runs make up something like 5% of the time you spend running around completing quests. I mean, i suppose the idea is fine (why not go straight to uber).
with that Logic people could say that Nazi death camps were only 5% of Jews life...

See how it sounds dumb

It's shit content that people want to avoid at all cost

And the merciless lab was an example of the concept, That's what "i.e." means
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Jun 15, 2017, 7:15:33 AM
"
Phrazz wrote:

Terrifying? "Nah", not about that either. It's about making it less of a "pain in the ass", running trials and labs until you puke.

So, just to make it easy, even for experienced players? Ick. Well, letting people complete their ascendancy on one run and keeping the lab difficult would be a good middle ground I guess, like I said earlier, no skin off my nose. I just want to see some value remain in izaro treasure.

They have to make this tough choice between people whose favorite endgame content is lab, not losing their favorite content - and people who hate lab just wanting to complete their ascendancy. There must be a solution that helps everyone here.

As of this moment in beta, traps aren't really very threatening. Apparently there's an update going in today that'll boost that back up somewhat. I digress, difficulty isn't really what we were discussing here, the OP was about how many times you should have to run the thing.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Jun 15, 2017, 7:43:05 AM
Or or or, remove normal/cruel/merc lab and make it so that you have to run UBER 4 times for all the points, that is a cool idea, don't you guys agree?
:D
Tears make streams. Fish live in streams. I like fish.
/MonstaMunch
"
Zakaluka wrote:

So, just to make it easy, even for experienced players?

No. Spending time is not hard. If you can do merciless lab; normal and cruel would be a walk in the park. So you're not making it easier, just more convenient.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jun 15, 2017, 10:00:19 AM
The only problem with that resolution for the lab is that it requires doing ubber lab with no ascendency. At least merciless with no ascendency and then do ubber again.

In my opinion lab should only be done once. for ascendency. After that completing the act where the lab is located grants said ascendency. So for example completing act 3 automaticly gives the ascendency points of normal lab if normal lab had already been done once.

In the case of ubber lab I'd say once you complete the first yellow map by killing the map boss.

What would also be nice is a map portal in hideout without having zana, it's such a pain in the ass having to find her just for the map device. I don't even mind if the map device doesn't has anything, just not having to go through multiple loading screens until we get zana would be so good.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."
I don't really care, but with the difficulty progression we've seen so far in the Beta when going through the Acts I really doubt most people will wait until they are in the 60s to do Normal / Cruel lab, the power spike from Ascendancies will save much more pain than running the lab causes.

But that said, I don't really hate running Labs that much, so my perspective might be skewed. I will say that part of the hatred I think comes from not being good at it - after running so many for the challenge I started finding it less annoying after starting to understand how the layouts are generated.
"
SorakPoE wrote:
I don't really care, but with the difficulty progression we've seen so far in the Beta when going through the Acts I really doubt most people will wait until they are in the 60s to do Normal / Cruel lab, the power spike from Ascendancies will save much more pain than running the lab causes.

But that said, I don't really hate running Labs that much, so my perspective might be skewed. I will say that part of the hatred I think comes from not being good at it - after running so many for the challenge I started finding it less annoying after starting to understand how the layouts are generated.

You should be able to obtain rare orbs that grant ascendancy points

they should probably come from fishing
I dont see any any key!
"
SorakPoE wrote:
I will say that part of the hatred I think comes from not being good at it - after running so many for the challenge I started finding it less annoying after starting to understand how the layouts are generated.

Yeah, I lost 3 endgame HC characters in uber lab, taking my sweet time and being careful. One on a boost, even. Now, on a build that isn't even a "labyrinth build" my average time from the entrance to knocking down izaro is 13 minutes. And that isn't even good. Most days the best times are less than 5 minutes, my best time is 9.

This to say, you do have at least a little power over it. You don't need a dedicated labyrinth build to get good times. You just need to go experience the content a little.

What's between point A and B? Well, appreciation for the content, first, and second, lots of practice. I don't think you can really bridge those gaps. If you find the labyrinth out of place and a chore you're not going to spend time there.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Jun 15, 2017, 1:08:25 PM
Most builds wouldn't be able to run uber without prior ascendancies, but I suppose you could pay for a carry. Hell, I was temped to pay for a carry even on my warchief build just so I wouldn't have to go get the golden fucking key. Worth every penny to just sit at the door while someone else fetches the key for you, lol.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
As others have said, the problem with lab is the content, not the people. The people came here hacking and slashing, not some bullshit clone of Gauntlet mechanics.

I never said the problem was with people...

You just quoted my post to repeat what others have said, which are points that I've already seen and responded to. You don't like the Lab. I get it. You can complain about it without quoting me to give me a notification. You've added nothing new to this thread.

For the final time: Development time is best spent fixing problems. Allowing people to skip the Lab doesn't fix a problem, it just hides it. That's not worth the opportunity cost. People who hate the lab should want it to be changed or replaced, not just made more easily skippable.

Why quote my post just to say you don't like the Lab? I don't care.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info