Should completing a higher tier of Labyrinth grant all lower tier's Ascendancy points?

"
Sarno wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
As others have said, the problem with lab is the content, not the people. The people came here hacking and slashing, not some bullshit clone of Gauntlet mechanics.

I never said the problem was with people...

You just quoted my post to repeat what others have said, which are points that I've already seen and responded to. You don't like the Lab. I get it. You can complain about it without quoting me to give me a notification. You've added nothing new to this thread.

For the final time: Development time is best spent fixing problems. Allowing people to skip the Lab doesn't fix a problem, it just hides it. That's not worth the opportunity cost. People who hate the lab should want it to be changed or replaced, not just made more easily skippable.

Why quote my post just to say you don't like the Lab? I don't care.

Id be ok with a fix, but honestly Id rather just skip it lol
I dont see any any key!
Sarno, I believe the problem for some people is that there is no fixing the lab. To some people the lab is dreadful to play. It's not so much the dificulty, it's not so much the time, it's all of that with the added mechanics of the lab. Traps all around, finding the right exits the fights are incredibly deadly if you do it on the right levels (and ther eis no way to overlevel uber lab, hard to even overlevel merciless in my opinion). Let's not forget when you die you get kicked out and do the whole freaking thing again.

Ascendencies are necessary, even more so with nerfs coming left right and center as well as buffs to monsters, ascendencies are more and more an absolute necessity! However the whole lab concept is unattractive for many people and it's not simply because it's hard, there is a whole number of reason why it's bad for them not to mention not all builds can do it.

Considering all of this the lab should not be necessary for the ascendencies. More to the point this wouldn't even make the lab pointless because the enchantments are extremely valuable. At best only the labs of normal and cruel dificulties would be left without a place. Maybe even merciless but I'm not entirely sure on that considering the difficulty difference between merciless and uber.

Having the lab as a farming mechanic only much like atziri (except lab is so much more worth it) and ascendencies being awarded in another way would be about the only "fix" for it.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."
Last edited by Elhazzared on Jun 15, 2017, 3:38:27 PM
And PLEASE ditch that gold door/key lame-duck idea.
"

im fine with the keys just kill the god awful traps
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
"

All of it :D
"
"
k1rage wrote:
"

All of it :D

yeah burn the whole thing to the ground lol
I dont see any any key!
"
Sarno wrote:
You've added nothing new to this thread.

Neither have you, why so aggressive?

"
Sarno wrote:
Why quote my post just to say you don't like the Lab? I don't care.

Your post said that if people don't want to do certain content then there's a problem. I expressed my opinion on what the problem is. If you don't care then why post in a thread about it? I have as much right to express my opinion on the subject as anyone else.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Jun 15, 2017, 9:41:16 PM
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Sarno wrote:
You've added nothing new to this thread.

Neither have you

Sexcalibure suggested Merciless Lab be capable of also granting the ascendancy points from Normal and Cruel. In my first post I raised the question of whether a single Lab giving the points from three would be too much - I believe I was the first to comment on the matter of quantity. I've since re-read the responses before mine; I still haven't seen anyone comment on that before I did.

In my later posts in the thread I moved to wondering if the Lab should be more radically overhauled or outright replaced. My concern was that while they may prefer it to the current situation, people who deeply hate the Lab are unlikely to be truly happy if Sexcalibure's suggestion was implemented. GGG's time is limited, and if they make a change to the Lab to make it more skippable, they'll likely consider it to be a problem which they've addressed and be reluctant to make a more dramatic move. In short, I fear the opportunity cost of the suggestion the thread focuses on.

So I dispute the assertion that I've contributed nothing to the thread.

By contrast, here is your post;

"
MonstaMunch wrote:
As others have said, the problem with lab is the content, not the people. The people came here hacking and slashing, not some bullshit clone of Gauntlet mechanics.

You said the problem is with the content not the people. I never suggested otherwise. You called the Lab bulllshit. And that's it. That was your post. I agree with you when you say that you've as much a right to express an opinion as the rest of us do. But except for calling the Lab bullshit, you haven't bothered to express one. I didn't attack your opinion - I don't even know what that is!

Your second post is two-and-a-half times as long as the initial 'Lab is bullshit' one. It's ridiculous you're portraying this as some attack on your opinion or your right to express one.

I claimed your first post didn't contribute to the discussion. I stand by that.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Sarno wrote:
It's ridiculous you're portraying this as some attack on your opinion or your right to express one.

I claimed your first post didn't contribute to the discussion. I stand by that.

Claiming that my opinion contributes nothing to the discussion (while not noting the fact it was in much the same vein as other posts from other people in the thread) was an attack on the opinion. You're merely pointing out that I responded to you rather than the OP, and being a dick about it. Grow up and don't attack people for disagreeing with you. Your post implied that there is either a problem with the people or the content, and I simply said which of the two I think is the problem. Get over it. If you felt it didn't contribute to the discussion, ignore it rather than making a big deal about it.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Jun 16, 2017, 1:49:15 AM
I think it should since if you can do the hardest one you can do the others...

Its like alot of games with levels - if you can gain exp to take you more then 1 level it will rollover exp so you gain more then 1 at a time

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info