Should completing a higher tier of Labyrinth grant all lower tier's Ascendancy points?

Even though i personally love the lab i think this is a great idea to stream line it for players who only want the passives .
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
"
Phrazz wrote:
A Sexcalibure suggestion/idea/thread/whatever I agree with. Never thought I lived to see the day.

It's not really his idea.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
A Sexcalibure suggestion/idea/thread/whatever I agree with. Never thought I lived to see the day.

It's not really his idea.

That makes me feel better for agreeing.
80% agree.

The laws of sample data would conclude that if all of the player base were polled, the ratios would remain roughly the same.

Yea, it definitely should since you can't do Cruel Labyrinth before you complete Normal Labyrinth!
I feel like you could accomplish about the same thing by making Normal and Cruel Lab into lab samplers an experienced player could blow through in 10 or 15 minutes or so. Noobs don't get scared off and vets don't have to spend so much damn time in them.

I know they're making the early ones somewhat quicker but I don't think it'll be enough.
Ancient and unwise, SSF only since 2012
Last edited by Caiada on Jun 14, 2017, 11:39:27 PM
"
Caiada wrote:
vets don't have to spend so much damn time in them.

Real uber lab pros complete a lab in 4-7 minutes depending on the layout. Check the ladders, you'll be surprised. My personal best has never been anywhere near that, but I do well enough to make farming labs worthwhile.

Nah, these changes are about making the content less terrifying for new players. I get it.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
"
Sarno wrote:
Something's seriously wrong if people don't engage with the content at all.

As others have said, the problem with lab is the content, not the people. The people came here hacking and slashing, not some bullshit clone of Gauntlet mechanics.
"
Zakaluka wrote:

Nah, these changes are about making the content less terrifying for new players. I get it.

Terrifying? "Nah", not about that either. It's about making it less of a "pain in the ass", running trials and labs until you puke.

And if we "prove" our self in Merciless lab, I really do not see the need of doing normal and cruel lab. Bud as I think the whole lab system isn't quite "100%" for 3.0, things might change.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
all the lab runs make up something like 5% of the time you spend running around completing quests. I mean, i suppose the idea is fine (why not go straight to uber).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info