Why Bear Trap is Broken

If people are using it as a main DPS skill that just reinforces my point.

Its a trap, It shouldn't come anywhere near the power of a two handed hammer as a part of a build.

Going to bed. Goodnight.
Standard Forever
Neither should Molten Shell because you cast it and forget it.

Neither should a character that uses Remote Mines because they are similar to traps.

Neither should minions because they are just extra damage ontop of a characters other damage.

Neither should a spell / ranged attack totem, because you can cast spells while you have one out.

Curses shouldn't exist either or at least shouldn't do anything because they enhance your charater.
IGN: Aux
Last edited by Aux on Mar 28, 2013, 1:21:59 AM
A curse isn't an attack (among other things)

The other stuff you mentioned requires passives on the skill tree to make them good. Unlike bear trap.

I don't think we are going to agree on this. Have a nice day.
Standard Forever
Bear traps don't require investment???

They require passives and/or gear to enhance them. Crit chance and multiplier passives/gear and low life builds (redbeak) makes a huge difference in their damage.
IGN: _Firebitch
"
Firebrand76 wrote:

They require passives and/or gear to enhance them. Crit chance and multiplier passives/gear and low life builds (redbeak) makes a huge difference in their damage.

you also have to link them with gems to actually increase the damage which can take up valuable slots where other skills go. You can only have so many slots so bear trap does require quite a bit of investment there.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
It doesn't matter how much sense you try to make, the whiners will continue to cry about Bear Trap, and I will continue to use it to kill them.
IGN: Aux
"
Aux wrote:
and I will continue to use it to kill them.

:)
"
Firebrand76 wrote:

What passives? You also apparently don't need redbeak for damage thats very high.
Standard Forever
"
Aux wrote:
It doesn't matter how much sense you try to make, the whiners will continue to cry about Bear Trap, and I will continue to use it to kill them.

I never whined about anything. You are apparently getting emotional in this discussion so feel free to no longer discuss it with me.

I'll continue trying to determine if I believe it to be imbalanced or not. I'm not the only player who thinks they are a bit imbalanced.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:

What passives? You also apparently don't need redbeak for damage thats very high.

"
Firebrand76 wrote:
Crit chance and multiplier passives...
IGN: _Firebitch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info