Spelling mistakes and typos

"
Akimb0 wrote:
Not 100% sure, but I think the armour "Thief's Garb" should be "Thieves' Garb". Unless it belongs to one particular thief.
"Thief's" is correct. Take a look at the other armor names. You don't see them as plurals.
Sage's not Sages'
General's not Generals'
Occulist's not Occulists'
Commander's Ring Coif not Commanders'

I suppose either way is correct, but since they're all singular it's just best to keep them all that way.
Thief's garb would mean a garb that belong to thieves.
Thieves garb would mean a garb designed for thieves.

Subtle difference but it's there.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Thief's Garb is perfectly fine. It means "garb for a thief".

FaceLicker, I don't know what's going on with your apostrophes. They are all there for me! Perhaps they don't draw correctly sometimes?
Code warrior
I closed out PoE and reloaded. It's still the same. I tried on lower resolutions, higher resolutions, lowest gfx settings and highest gfx settings it's still the same. Not all of the apostrophes are missing, just the ones I listed. The apostrophes that do appear are:

Deulist
"I'd do the same"
Ranger
"one day it'll take me"

Once logged into a character I can see apostrophes just fine too. Commas, periods and other punctuation are all fine. They certainly seem to draw correctly. When I had the issue with the unique item names on the website:
"
Chris wrote:
"
FaceLicker wrote:
This is for GGG. There's a couple errors in the unique item names that I noticed.

Deaths Harp should be Death's Harp
Volls Baptism should be Voll's Baptism
Doedres Damning should be Doedre's Damning
Hrimnors Hymn should be Hrimnor's Hymn

The apostrophes are all missing.

Thanks, I'll look into it. They're definitely there in our editor tool.

Edit: I found the problem - looks like the difference between a ’ and ' apostrophe. It'll be fixed in 0.9.6 but won't retroactively affect the old uniques that were already generated.
Last edited by FaceLicker on Aug 17, 2012, 8:04:38 PM
Alira's text about the darkness says something about "by forest" when it should be "my forest".
The continued right single quote (2019) vs apostrophe (0027) issues sadden me. :(
Frakkin' single quotes...

Also fixed "by forest".
Code warrior
This one might have been picked up already, because it's a big one.

'Catalyze' on the Skill tree might need to be 'Catalyse', going by your excellent adherence to UK/Australian/NZ spelling conventions.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Charan wrote:
'Catalyze' on the Skill tree might need to be 'Catalyse', going by your excellent adherence to UK/Australian/NZ spelling conventions.

GAME-BREAKING BUG IS FIXED IN 0.9.12.
Code warrior
Following that, wouldn't it be "Jeweller's Orb" rather than "Jeweler's Orb" for the currency item and "Jewellery" instead of "Jewelry" for the item data page?

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info