Am I clinically insane?

"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
Rexeos wrote:
Nevertheless: Regards "reality" you described its still science fiction

Not at all. The science is there, the technology is there, it is just a matter of learning the language. Right now, it is as if they understand a couple hundred words out of a 100,00 word vocabulary. What they can do already is look at emotional states. They can tell what choice someone will make before that person actually realizes they have made a choice. They can get rough images of dreams, and fragments of verbal thought patterns. Here's a quick infographic showing real technology in use (fMRI) The two pictures are an example of faces (the subjects being tested were given several images to look at (the one of the left is the original picture being looked at), and the fMRI machine had to interpret from their brain reading what the picture looked like (which is the reconstructed version)

"
Rexeos wrote:
People who speak about things they solving dont need to be named or told what to do, but should be explained process they are going through and give palette of options from which they can choose, if they want to...

If a diagnosis had been mentioned in the opening post, I could have given a more limited (3-5) "palette of options". Since there was no diagnosis, there are dozens of things that could be beneficial, from anxiolytics, to cognitive behavioral therapy, to peer counseling, to mindful meditation, to dialectical behavioral therapy etc. While I can make an educated guess that the last one (DBT) will probably be the most helpful, I don't know that for certain. The people at SAMHSA run a free service where they can help others figure out what might help them, including giving out information on what the various forms of help involve, and trying to help them find the resources necessary.

"
Rexeos wrote:
That book is not about things what you wrote, its agreements/deals we made with ourselves during our live, how they are created and how we can make new one. Its about completely different topics and Toltecs than you described. In this case its misunderstanding.

Oh really, I said "The Toltecs lived brutal existences and people were expected to embrace this misery as being normal." and what do we find that the author of the book says is normal on page 29-30...

Spoiler
In the dream of the planet it is normal for humans to suffer, to live in fear,
and to create emotional dramas. The outside dream is not a pleasant dream; it is
a dream of violence, a dream of fear, a dream of war, a dream of injustice. The
personal dream of humans will vary, but globally it is mostly a nightmare. If we
look at human society we see a place so difficult to live in because it is ruled
by fear. Throughout the world we see human suffering, anger, revenge,
addictions, violence in the street, and tremendous injustice. It may exist at
different levels in different countries around the world, but fear is controlling
the outside dream.

If we compare the dream of human society with the description of hell that
religions all around the world have promulgated, we find they are exactly the
same. Religions say that hell is a place of punishment, a place of fear, pain, and
suffering, a place where the fire burns you. Fire is generated by emotions that
come from fear. Whenever we feel the emotions of anger, jealousy, envy, or
hate, we experience a fire burning within us. We are living in a dream of hell.

The book has a lot of suppositions that people can just choose to free themselves from various mental states just through their own volition. It doesn't work that way in real life. The book asserts the Toltec belief that we are all part of some dream and can change our role and our reality by our beliefs.

It is interesting, but I would not recommend it to anyone as therapeutic.

https://www.samhsa.gov/ Email them, call them, write them if you want more info.

"The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) is the agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services that leads public health efforts to advance the behavioral health of the nation"

+1

Technology you describided is present for long time. From my point of view it is science fiction, from yours "it is just a matter of learning the language". Not only in this movie is used this technology to scan and diagnose few people. This couple are marriage till today and its working for them. Athene has presented some studio, where they was scanning brain and by series of question were able to destroy blocks in some individuals like fear, shame etc. This method is used to empower of individuals. So things like that already exists, but they are not working for everybody. One of reasons of it is, that each brain is different and connections between memories, emotions, motorics etc, can be on different places. There is also problem with interpretation, so no matter how educated interpreter is, if he is in state of loss of family member, his interpretation can be and in many cases is twisted by his state of consciousness. About Egyptians priests is known, they were experimenting on opened brain while human was alive etc. Electroshocks in our recent history, lobotomy and other invasive methods. Todays medicaments are the same, but nobody really knows what it does in brain, but is sure, that many of them are rewiring, in the same way you are mentioning narcotics usage. We can share knowledge and sources, I have no problem with, actually I appreciate things like that, but not on forum and for sure no in topic like that one.

I am strictly against anxiolytics and I am for normal human relationships in psychology. (Drughs should be used only by doctors with specialization of psychiatry). For example in New York metro was a lot of crime. Walls was destroyed, graffiti everywhere, bad lightning etc. They put there phones so if some crime occurs, they can call for help, but that in no way lowered crime in this station. After some time they come with idea of repairing and removing graffiti. It was long process as almost every night trains and station was covered in new paintings, but after some times, it stopped and in this metro was clean and perfectly lightened. In comparision almost no crime was present and was even lower than is average on this kind of places. SAMHSA is definetely worth to try and I am glad you take care, but I want to say, that we are not living in Matrix and no pill, blue or red, will solve problems but rather preserve or create/change new one and put individual at new path.

Regards text you took from book you find parallel in shadow-self. If you try to forget about discovery and what archeologists thinks there happened, maybe you will be able to look at things from different perspective. Author of book imo has no much idea about what Toltecs was about, and it really doesnt matter what they was, but what author wanted to say, in this case. If he would be convinced about this kind of sacrificing like archeologists have (what I doubt as could happen everything), book would have different name. Its same as with Atlantida and its heritage. Nevertheless what is "brutal existence", what kind of "misery they embrace"? This kind of words, with every respect to your other opinions, I am finding manipulative and empty, because they are not saying anything, rather only attack on emotional state. Its some kind of dissonance, because human brain have to use other experience to give to such terms meaning. Your point of view how it works in real life is based on state you are now and how your real life is. You can look at that part as analogy to "concept representing a "thoughtform" or "collective group mind", an autonomous psychic entity made up of, and influencing, the thoughts of a group of people". I recommend to read book before as its quite practical and for many people helpful in understanding some kind of behave they have. And again its not therapy, as therapy means healing. I am strictly against calling people who for example are in grieve with loss of somebody close ill as many psychologists saying and they dont need therapy but a hug.
Last edited by Rexeos on Jun 11, 2017, 8:19:06 AM
"
Bars wrote:
Arguing with DalaiLama on health-related issues, that's cute. I don't know what the hell he does in real life, but I've always had the feeling the information floods he posts in the forum are just the small tip of a huge iceberg.

Ahahahahaha! Totally agree with that one! I noticed he is among the only few who can post Quora style on this forum.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
I dont get it at all. When a dog needs a attention, we all know the right thing is to give it attention. Why is it that things does not work when it comes to human beings.

That's true and even dog bites when being annoyed by puppy. I guess you are too cute for some.
Stop Bombing Syria
/Flu_prevention_mode ON
Moment Joon 【Passport & Garcon】https://bit.ly/2wXiUSj
MonoNeon 【Put On Earth For You】https://bit.ly/3I22mru
No one here can answer this Deadpeng. Even a psychiatrist actualy couldn't :) Not with a forum thread.

Fair advice: Use your time wisely, ask for a second psychologist / psychiatrist opinion, but not on a forum.
Just do it :) It might have a cost but time you are spending here expecting an answer that could really help you could cost you a lot more actualy.

This is internet, i think you totaly understand why i'm saying that, i let you make you own conclusion(s) :)

As it has been said here: Self diagnosis is always wrong ( always could be replaced by rarely true of course ).

Stay safe :)

Helio

Hf :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info