[2.6] Cast on Weapon Swap

So, lets review the defenses of this build

We need to take a savage hit to activate cloaked in savagery (15% of life)
Heartbound Loop does it when we swap weapons
So, its not intteligent increase life or physical resistance beyond this relation of damage to take 15%

But we still have:

Fire resist
Cold resist
Lightning resist
Chaos Resist
Evasion
Block
Dodge

Spend points in block with staff, or block with shield, or acrobatics, evasion or get dodge somehow, will make it a bit heavier. Chance to not receive damage give us the opportunity to lose life by ourselves, taking control of the situation
"
plasse10 wrote:
Hi !

Habrarik, what is the levels of your cwdt ?
I was also thinking to play this build with ES regen (i always play regen builds).

Hi I have CWDT lvl 9.

I have right now 8200 ES

I play only with projectiles except with Vortex in one weapon and which be cast when swap I don't know how, other spell don't be cast, but vortex do.

I have near always the regen bonus of Trickster with Essence Drain + fire ball and all my spell can ignite with +fire damage to spell. The 15% chance to have frenzy and power charge is good too. For boss fight without adds I have less regen yes (maybe I can take the flask with worms).

Inquisitor have to don't move for the concecrate and in Higher map no move is difficult. The damage of inquisitor must be better but you have to play critical I think. He can have the regen with boss fight but boss fight without moving seem to be death for me. They have few boss attack you have to dodge.
I see you take 6 Jewel energy from within to have more +%ES and have rare with best roll. I think it work but I have not this budget ^^

My tree is not the best I think it can be improve.
I have always my problem with the chaos damage and I don't know if I have to take shavronne armour or keep my beast armour for the regen. I want to play low life for the +30 More spell damage.

If you want to take a look :
PoB pastebin : https://pastebin.com/4wGcihtP
If you have advice I take it !
Last edited by Habrarik on Aug 27, 2017, 2:32:02 PM
"
KaianSBT wrote:
So, lets review the defenses of this build

We need to take a savage hit to activate cloaked in savagery (15% of life)
Heartbound Loop does it when we swap weapons
So, its not intteligent increase life or physical resistance beyond this relation of damage to take 15%

Heartbound Loop don't trigger the savage it. Its one hit for one minion so three hits with the three spirit and the savage it have to be one hit for 15% life.
No it's not hardcore viable, too risky.

Other defenses? Meh, kinda counterproductive as you dps while you get hit and it costs affixes in gear or points in tree. Just need to avoid one shots.

You can give up the cloak of savagery self proc if you have enough damage. I can sustain vs packs with just the 3% leech, as there's way enough targets to leech from. Only issue is the boss, then you just need to get hit once every 4s. As they hit like trucks, not really hard to take 15% except if they just use degens. Tricky part is to know what can one shot you or not. You can then go over 5k life. I'm at 5.5k + 2k mana with mom and it's going fine (so like 7.5k ehp minus 10% from berserker).

I'm back to 2 rings, now that I have my belly and enough hp. Huge dps boost.

If you want to keep self proc of cloak, you're stuck a bit below 5k, which is enough up to T10-T11 if you don't roll super shitty mods.

Harbrarik, get rid of your blasphemy and put a cwdt + ele weakness + another spell. And you can have cwdt + 2 spells on the swap. Not sure if it will work properly with only 1 essence weapon though, to be tested. If it doesn't trigger it's because you only deal 1050 damage per swap with 1 ring, and the counter resets on swap, meaning you cannot go over level 7, (or 6 for those who wear a bit of armor). This should get you 3 more spells and save you 35% life for chaos damage.

And if you want more dps, raise your cwdt levels up to what is confortable (except the ones in swaps who resets). Fireball 20 with CWDT 20 does around 980 damage, level 9/15 it's 220 damage. You need to take 3 times more damage but there's 4.5 more damage dealt and less cooldown issues. Obviously it changes a bit if you have added damage to spells, but still.
Although it might be a decent idea to have some ramp up, with maybe 17-18-19-20 spells to have spells desynchronized and more constant leech for those who leech.

The concept is definitely 3.0 viable. Took down phoenix, atziri, uber izaro this weekend and i'm still just 89 with level 15-19 gems. I'm kinda in high budget territory though. I'm confident for the rest of the guardians, uber atziri and shaper might be another story. I'll try it but i'd like to level more first.
Last edited by Squirrel_of_doom on Aug 27, 2017, 8:05:31 PM
"
Habrarik wrote:
"
plasse10 wrote:
Hi !

Habrarik, what is the levels of your cwdt ?
I was also thinking to play this build with ES regen (i always play regen builds).

Hi I have CWDT lvl 9.

I have right now 8200 ES

I play only with projectiles except with Vortex in one weapon and which be cast when swap I don't know how, other spell don't be cast, but vortex do.

I have near always the regen bonus of Trickster with Essence Drain + fire ball and all my spell can ignite with +fire damage to spell. The 15% chance to have frenzy and power charge is good too. For boss fight without adds I have less regen yes (maybe I can take the flask with worms).

Inquisitor have to don't move for the concecrate and in Higher map no move is difficult. The damage of inquisitor must be better but you have to play critical I think. He can have the regen with boss fight but boss fight without moving seem to be death for me. They have few boss attack you have to dodge.
I see you take 6 Jewel energy from within to have more +%ES and have rare with best roll. I think it work but I have not this budget ^^

My tree is not the best I think it can be improve.
I have always my problem with the chaos damage and I don't know if I have to take shavronne armour or keep my beast armour for the regen. I want to play low life for the +30 More spell damage.

If you want to take a look :
PoB pastebin : https://pastebin.com/4wGcihtP
If you have advice I take it !

Oh I didnt thought you could proc your regen on kill with ignite !
If you want to play with The Writhing Jar (worms), you have to be careful : dont proc CwDT before, because everything will kill them. You have to cast yourself something like Essence Drain to be sure they will take a DoT.
It can be great against boss.

Just one thing i want to explain :
Consegrated ground is a ground effect, so yes, it cant be moved. But you create one each time you swap a weapon, and you can create unlimited ground areas. Also, each one lasts 8sec.
So you can move freely and have all your screen in Consecrated Ground if you want.

Also, i saw a really good item The Flow Untethered Cloth Belt.
Here the link : https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Flow_Untethered
It adds life + ES recovery rate. Really great.
It adds cd recovery rate. The cd recovery works on CwDT, so you will have a proc every 0,2 sec.

I dont know if lower the cd is a good idea, because as Squirrel_of_doom said, we can just dont care about the cd so we proc less but with better damage.
Lets do some math:

Assumptions/Givens:
Heart-bound Feedback Damage is 350 per minion
There are 3 Minions summoned per weapon swap
We have 1 inanity weapon in each toggle (not dual wielding them)
We have 2 Heart-bound Rings equipped
We Have no armor, or 0% physical damage reduction
We have 10% increased damage taken from Aspect of Carnage
Cast When damage taken can trigger 4 times a second maximum (without Flow Untethered)

Math:
Each time we swap our weapon we will take 2310 Physical damage
Level 20 CWDT requires 3272 Damage to trigger
We need to swap 1.416 times to deal 3272 damage
We need to swap 5.66 times per second or once every 176 milliseconds for maximum efficiency
At max efficiency, we will be taking 13,088 unmitigated damage per second.

Since our max hp is limited to how much damage we can take in 1 hit from 1 minion dying from 1 weapon swap, we end up with a total life-pool of 5133.

Each toggle will reduce our hp by 45% of our total assuming we don't have any energy shield to absorb this and we are aiming to do this almost 6 times a second...

Now, if we use Untethered, we are increasing the maximum efficiency to 5 cwdt triggers a second. Which means we self inflict 16,360 DPS and our swap delay drops to 141ms

To be honest, I dont think there is any way to make flow unteathered work as a 141ms delay between swaps is REALLY fast and since we have to account for projectile travel time, we may die if we swap 3 times before we hit an enemy to leech back up, especially if we are trying to swap 6 times for efficiency/max dps output.

Last edited by TheAtaraxi on Sep 1, 2017, 12:33:37 PM
Do it work if we just put a summon skeletons linked with CWDT in both weapon I and II, instead using essence to summon minions? This would allow us to use any weapon in the game, including uniques.

1 - Take damage from a flask or from a mod
2 - CWTD + skeleton weapon I
3 - Swap
4 - Skeleton from I dies (?)
5 - Swap
6 - Skeleton from II dies (?)

Do it work?
Hi, i was trying a berserker high hp version of the build but i dont understand how works a couple of things, hope u can guide me.

1.- Does molten shell damage absorved counts for the next cwdt? if we can use molten shell we can mitigate a lot of the damage and proc the molten shells constantly but if the damage absorved dont trigger cloack nor cwdt will be worthless.

2.- How the dmge is calculated? each minion is a different hit? if i have 2 rings both are different hits? i have too much life (7-8k) so i cant trigger my savage hits, i tryed with 2x loops and i take almost half of my life each swap but it doesnt trigger, i dont know how its calculated.

3.- Some times my weapon cwdt dont trigger, i dont know why. You know why it happens?

thank you very much
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172043 SELLINGSHOP
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/148812 UNARMED RAIMBOW TEMPLAR
"
KaianSBT wrote:
Do it work if we just put a summon skeletons linked with CWDT in both weapon I and II, instead using essence to summon minions? This would allow us to use any weapon in the game, including uniques.

1 - Take damage from a flask or from a mod
2 - CWTD + skeleton weapon I
3 - Swap
4 - Skeleton from I dies (?)
5 - Swap
6 - Skeleton from II dies (?)

Do it work?

It should work, though summon skeleton would only summon one minion while the insanity mod grants 3
Nothing here
Anyone have a working version for 3.0?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info