[2.6] Cast on Weapon Swap

You can get up to 24% damage taken gained as mana by corrupting both rings, amulet, and shield. It'll only help with 1/4 of the sustain but still a pretty good deal for the cost of 4 implicits.

"
viperesque wrote:

Raynquist - would you mind making your characters public so we can just import the build in PoB? Building it from scratch is annoying.

That character's been stripped. Here's the PoB data somebody else recreated. Should be a good starting point.
http://blog.livedoor.jp/poe_tacvi/CoWS.txt
"
RaynQuist wrote:
You can get up to 24% damage taken gained as mana by corrupting both rings, amulet, and shield. It'll only help with 1/4 of the sustain but still a pretty good deal for the cost of 4 implicits.

Good point, I really wouldn't mind giving up on the ring implicit. Issue is to buy and corrupt so many heartbound loops as nobody does it and there's none for sale. Still a free 12%. But still totally useless if it works as life does in 3.0 with only the strongest leech working at a time. Couldn't find the info.

I believe shield is not the way to go for life based. I prefer having strong stat sticks, for turmoil I have 1 heartbreaker and 1 divinarius. Doryani is also a strong option. Getting 2 rare shields that are as strong is pretty challenging, also if you want res on shield you need to have the same kind of res on both shields, so i'd rather just have dps.

So far my turmoil adventure is going meh. Level 88, dying a ton, struggling a bit. Probably half my deaths are due to not having the correct level of CWDT but I wanted to go through 20 to quality my gems. Still a lot of deaths that are hard to avoid with 4.5k life.

There seem to be nobody that does lab carries in turmoil, understandable during a race. So I'm gonna have to yolo uber lab. So far first try didn't go so well.

Build kinda looks a bit on the weak side for 3.0 without any kind of ES. Having such a low life pool and not being able to mitigate anything to not reduce the loop effect is kinda harsh.

I've farmed like 10ex total, not gonna be enough to test a pair of acuities unless I drop like crazy this week.
Last edited by Squirrel_of_doom on Jul 25, 2017, 10:17:51 AM
is it still possible in 3.0.0? without the es part ofc and maybe get like 2x 2 insanity essence so we can stack more life?
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
Hi,

I'm trying to play a build base on this mecanic in the harbinger League.

I try a ES build (yeah yeah I know they nerf the max ES) with the Trickster with the node "Patient Reaper" (+70% recovery ES) and the armor "The Beast Fur Shawl" ((30-40)% increased Energy Shield Recovery rate) so +100% ES regeneneration.
I take 2 "Fragile Bloom" for +4% more regeneration of ES.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Patient_Reaper
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Beast_Fur_Shawl
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Fragile_Bloom

I have +25% increase damage taken (10*2=20% with "Fragile Bloom" and 5% with "The Beast Fur Shawl".
SO I take 1312.5 damage when I swap my Insanity weapon enought to trigger Cast When Damage Taken lvl 9 (1221 damage) so spell lvl 54 or lower.

For now I have 7K ES with 1200 ES regen (without the armor bonus and Patient Reaper bonus)

I have not done my character, I am lvl 72 my tree have low +% ES, I have just one Insanity weapon and I have not done the Uber Lab. I hesitate to make a low life or a CI and I have to think about the chaos damage.

If you want to see my character you can go on my profile with the character "Habra_Hurt".

But you have to know he is not a optimize character right now and maybe he never was.

If you want to talk about the mechanic or the build itself or advice me with my tree you can pm me or write here.

"
Habrarik wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to play a build base on this mecanic in the harbinger League.

So, how did your char turn out? Is he doing okay?
Like I say I have not done to balance to have enough damage / survivability.

I have just start map and I finish t4 easily. I did not have the time to try more for now.
I kill most of monster before they are close to me.
However I die few time when there are chaos damage and I not see it : desecrate ground mostly when I rush too much. (like I say I don't know if I go CI or not)

I come back here when I have done more.
Just a little return after few days.

I have change my spell to projectile spell only.
So I can run in circle with the boss and My clean speed is faster.

My build work good for clean map but the boss can take a while to down.

I have not choose if I go to CI or not so I'm hybrid without low life right now.
Low life can increase the damage but chaos damage = death.
Maybe with cap chaos resistance it can be done.

I not playing a lot so its take time to upgrade but its a funny build and my regeneration of energy shield is realy strong.

Have fun.
Hi !

Habrarik, what is the levels of your cwdt ?
I was also thinking to play this build with ES regen (i always play regen builds).

I tried to make some builds with Juggernaut/Inquisitor/Trickster on PoB, and i think Inquisitor is the best way.
We can proc Consecrated Ground easily (3 hits for each swap = 90% to proc), instead of the trickter who need to kill to regen well.

I truly think Inquisitor is better, because you will have a huge regen without the need to kill (boss fight will be easier).
For example, on PoB with same tree & same gears (top gears but we dont really care) :

Trickster
ES : 15649
ES regen : 1717 (without kill recently)
ES regen : 2937 (without kill recently + with Consecrated ground)
ES regen : 2634 (with kill recently)
ES regen : 4512 (with kill recently + with Consecrated ground)

Inquisitor
ES : 14078
ES regen : 1872 (without Consecrated ground)
ES regen : 4237 (with Consecrated ground)

The only way to have Consecrated ground with trickster is using a Sulphur Flask.
The Gifts from Above diamond ring wont work because it has an internal cooldown of 5 sec.

But even with a 4k regen (with top gears), it makes the build way weaker than before : we use a CwDT lvl 7 (1003 damage taken).
Also, i have 405% increased ES from the tree, maybe we can have more.

PoB pastebin : https://pastebin.com/S7E3ZhQn

Hf !
Last edited by plasse10 on Aug 24, 2017, 4:40:37 PM
Build seems to work on high budget.

Farmed some acuities with a RF character, and i'm now at level 80 with 4.1k life, 1.8k mana and mom. Crit based of course. Will probably hit 6k life and 2k mana lategame (93+?) or something like that with a belly.

Like harbrarik I'm trying to use mostly projectiles, so I don't have to stand close to very scary bosses, dropped novas, just using vortex cause it's strong (oh and also blade vortex for testing). I managed to do uber izaro with pretty shit gem levels cause I was running around and he was always late to hit.

Sometimes I get oom vs single boss when pain river second buff fades, but as long as I have 2 or 3 targets I get back to full very fast. Should work pretty well with correctly leveled gems cause more damage.

Oh and i'm only using 1 ring for now, until I farm a 6l belly or care to change my gear. Kinda gives more control on the up and down and bosses proc cloak of savagery for me in hard encouters. Just need to be careful on maps with resistances or enfeeble if I don't leech enough.

Small detail for those who like it, phase run is usable with this build, the buff stays active through other cwdt. But as I'm running cold bite and it was eating my frenzy charges I removed it. Gives nice movespeed though.

About the ES version, as said before i don't think fragile bloom is a good idea, it lowers the effective hp. 15k ES doesn't seem feasible honestly.
2 or 3 swaps per second seems decent though with 10k ES and 2-3k regen.

Lots of things to farm and improve. Gonna keep me occupied for a while.

I skip bosses lately though cause I lack damage, hope it will get better cause man they take forever.
Last edited by Squirrel_of_doom on Aug 25, 2017, 5:18:30 AM
This build is HC Viable?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info