[2.6] Cast on Weapon Swap

What's EO?

I'll compare with mines when at home. I think I may have around 2 times the dps going assassin and heavy on crit, not that huge given that I lose cloak of savagery but ok I guess.

Thx for the aura tip, was indeed a problem to have spells in the swap.

The leech is fine with vinktar, but man the lightning spells are so garbage compared to the other elements. I think I have to drop discharge to increase my dps overall cause it burns too many charges, but my leech might suffer a bit.

I still have lots of things to fix. Not sure which spell level I want in the end. Probably max level for non swap cause vinktar shocked i'll take 3.15k per swap.
I'll have 2 curses in the other swap, probably not worth to double them, kinda out of ideas for the last 2 utility spells, I already have culling strike on crit. So probably more spells that are not bad unsupported. I thought to put my golem on swap too but I won't really need more damage per swap, I'm already taking a ton on vulnerability maps when shocked.

Still a few weeks until 3.0, gonna try to fix everything and then try all the bosses.

Edit:
Fireball 12k damage without the controlled destruction (charges up, no pot), so potentially 17k if i use the same supports. So yeah around 2 times the dps at the cost of cloak of savagery.
Last edited by Squirrel_of_doom on Jun 20, 2017, 5:11:33 PM
Ok little report as i'm almost done with the league, i'm away until 3 days before the end.

Almost got to 93, still dies a bit more than I would like to. But the gear is not really perfect I could have had 2k more ES, 3k+ with discipline instead of anger.

I've killed all the guardians:
- phoenix seems to be the hardest, lose too much time on my vinktars dodging his big blast, took me 3 try to take him down using all portals
- hydra is dangerous but doable, did it with a few deaths
- chimera is like 1 death per smoke phase can't leech in this phase, otherwise easy you even get some charges back from mobs
- minotaur is easy as long as you see when he burrows, which is pretty hard with the shitstorm of stuff flying around, otherwise, guaranteed one shot
For all I died many times, so you can clear for atlas, not really the best place to farm.
Could probably be improved by running a vaal breach gem for charges.

Didn't do T15 with this char, but no map boss seemed like a real threat as long as I had enough vinktars.

Killed all breaches but chayula, didn't want to try as I was saving for a headhunter and my uul netol felt a bit slow.

Killed atziri with a 40% reduce reflect ring and 10% on tree i was dieing only half the split phases! Maybe getting rid of gmp for slower proj would have improved that too. Didn't try uber.

So all in all, not a top tier build but pretty close. Almost vaal builds clear speed, not too ugly for bosses, just a bit too rippy.

Oh and I bought my first headhunter, not really ideal for the build lol. A few mods prevent taking damage, but well still fun when it's the right ones.

If I manage to find something with more than half my current dps and 8k ehp (probably with mom), i'm running this build again in 3.0, maybe with pathfinder or ascendant to have flask charges on crit and be able to sustain vs bosses. Can't wait to see the improved performances feature. I hope we'll find some good items to add to the build or some pantheon boosts cause it seems pretty hard to get both dps and good hp pool in 3.0 and this build needs both.

If someone finds a good tree for 3.0, let us know!
Last edited by Squirrel_of_doom on Jun 29, 2017, 7:08:04 PM
Hi !
For start :
I love that kind of build so congratulation for make this build :)

So, I have few question to ask :

1- How do you trigger Cloaked in Savagery with so much energy shield ?
The wiki say : "A savage hit is a hit that removes at least 15% of the target's maximum life. Damage to energy shield and mana are not counted toward the savage hit threshold."

You just regen energy shield with the base leech and when you have no energy shield then you trigger Cloaked in Savagery and the 100% leech regen you full life and after energy shield with swap ?

2- For 3.0 the life leech seem not working with the energy shield so we can go full life and take 2 weapons with the essence of insanity for 3 more minions so 6 minions on each swap (6*700 = 4200 potential damage for trigger CWDT (we can trigger the lvl 20 of the CWDT which need 3272 damage to trigger).
And I did't take the passive of marauder +10% damage taken (4200*1.10=4620 total damage per swap). So we can take some physical mitigation to reduce or increase this damage for choose the lvl of the CWDT and for trigger the 15% life needed for Cloaked in Savagery and we are not limited in maximum life pool.

3- I also think to take Hyaon's Fury in the second swap and generate some frenzy charge for the "3% increased Damage taken per Frenzy Charge" (and we have "12% increased Lightning Damage per Frenzy Charge and +20 Life gained on Kill per Frenzy Charge" it can be useful)

4- I see you have CWDT in the weapon with the essence of insanity and the claw they trigger ? When the damage is trigger when you swap ? Before swapping and with the stats of these weapon or after with your staff or both with alternate ?

I think we can do something viable with this mechanic. We can take just one weapon with essence of insanity and increase the self-damage or take two and mitigate.

I'm interested to discuss of the possibility of this build with you. Correct me if I have bad idea or if I don't understand some mechanic.

Sorry for my english its not my native language I'm French.

Thanks to you for an answer !
If you use 2 insanity weapons for 6 spirit each spirit still hurts for 700 damage (or 805 with the original setup). As you need to hit yourself for 15% in one hit (meaning with 1 spirit), it doesn't solve the hp issue at all. It's even worse as you will only proc cloak of savagery when you remove 6*15% of your life... 90% is a bit too much...

And yes cloak of savagery only trigger on hits on life.

Oh yeah I didn't think of the "in one hit" mechanic when the spirits die it's 700+700+700 so three hit and not the total in one hit.

Thank you for your answer !

So berserker is possibly not the best ascendacy for this kind of build (except for the Pain Reaver node and vaal pact). A regen build (fragile bloom?) or a vaal pact like your Assassin is certainly the good way to go for 3.0.

I have already do a build with the Scold's Bridle and one with Doedre's Elixir with CWDT and I love this kind of build :)

I will think to the possibilities for the 3.0. Anyway if you want to talk about in this post or with pm.

Have fun.
Yeah all the conditions for cloak of savagery was the reason I tried with another class.
Hitting yourself for 45% of your life is kinda risky. Without cloak of savagery requirement you can control that a little bit better.

Not like my assassin choice was perfect either, my build is totally reliant on multiple vinktars, which is fine for red maps but not really for guardians (takes too long, run out of charges too often)

For 3.0 i don't know what will be the best option. I don't think a regen build can work without 15k ES, and well it's a no for 3.0. Not gonna be able to outregen 2.1k damage 5-10 times/s. Occultist could have had a chance but regen on kill will be shit vs big bosses.

For 3.0 I want to get flask charges on crit to enable big bosses fights. So i'll probably run either pathfinder or ascendant. Not sure if it will be possible to get decent damage and decent hp pool though.

Can't wait to try the graphics optimization though.
Last edited by Squirrel_of_doom on Jul 8, 2017, 7:17:05 AM
There is the shield Maligaro's Lens with the effect "Nearby allies Recover 2% of your maximum Life when you Die" and with the "Necromantic Aegis" node

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Maligaro%27s_Lens

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Necromantic_Aegis

So the spirit minion died and give 2% of their life to you.

But it is for a life build. But it can be use to regen the damage of the ring.

I'm thinking about a trickster and the "patient reaper" node with "The Beast Fur Shawl" and play with ignite in priority and regen build with energy shield. And CWDT lvl 1 summon skeleton.

Yeah the 3.0 seems to be very nice :)
Last edited by Habrarik on Jul 10, 2017, 8:35:40 AM
Spirits have like 3k hp, so it's 60 life back, very tiny part of the 700 you take unless you have lots of minion hp nodes (not worth it). Can help but i'd rather use a doryani or any other statstick.

I think i'll try the berserker version for the 2 week race. Looks like the most budget version for 2 weeks.
I'll try without the ES leech though, to see what it will look like in 3.0. I'll take MoM instead and i'll give up cloak of savagery self proc, I hope mobs can proc it regularly enough. 3% from berserker ascendency is still good leech.
Thank you for this build, its so much fun to play if you can handle the lag and the rips, well the rips only at first because of never using the build before. Good job.
nvm i had too much life :') fixed it with the second ring lol also have around 4k life/es atm can go to 4666 total dunno how to hell op has 9k life/es even wth the 10% increased from uber lab. anyways very fun to play :P have swapping on my right mouse button for one hand gameplay xD probally gonna start with this with the next 4 month league :D
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
Last edited by satanttin on Jul 17, 2017, 3:47:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info