[3.0] WanderFinder Under 1ex Guardians/Shaper no problem.

So supposedly Vinktars, Atziri and Dying Sun are getting nerfed hard in the next up-coming beta patch. Will be interesting to see how viable this build actually is by the end of the beta :(

Also not great news is that they may also be looking at changes to Barrage without directly saying it, as Barrage is the skill / culprit behind every build capable of doing huge 20mil+ DPS with bleed and poison - the two types of damage they just announced they are hitting with the nerf hammer in the next beta patch.
Last edited by Adambjjoz on Jul 19, 2017, 3:13:28 AM
"
edm161 wrote:
"
sabotagge wrote:
"
Oomphx wrote:
Hello. At the moment I'm playing this build on a beta server, I have a problem with damage to one target, I'm using Barrage -Elemental focus Support - added lightning damage - elemental damage with attack support - GMP, what's wrong?

I got the same problem here.No problem clearing trash but my damage felt short while dealing with bosses.

me too. im crying on bosses

in 3.0 all bosses have x2 life
Thanks for the very nicely laid out guide, this is actually my first ever wander and probably my strongest character so far.

I've got a few questions though.

How important is the stun immunity from Ezomyte hold ? The helm has absolutely crap stats and so far it doesn't seem to have been an issue for me.

I keep juggling between my life and basalt flasks : the degen from blood rage is a total bitch when you're between packs and just removing/requipping the relevant armor piece is a pita honestly. Had the same problem with my flicker strike build, I just feel VP and Blood rage really don't do well together. But the attack speed boost is so nice though :( What do you think ?

Finally, did my first ever Minotaur run today, and failed miserably : couldn't DPS the adds fast enough, minotaur itself wasn't an issue since I could facetank him. At that point I realized I didn't have a decoy totem in the build and have since swapped that in. When I look at your video you kill those adds waaaaaaaaay faster than I do though. Any suggestions ? Character is KineticPouffe.

Note that besides Minotaur I faceroll absolutely everything without any effort whatsoever so far.
Last edited by NayleenMT on Jul 19, 2017, 11:21:07 AM
"
NayleenMT wrote:
Thanks for the very nicely laid out guide, this is actually my first ever wander and probably my strongest character so far.

I've got a few questions though...

I don't run Ezomyte most of the time but i can see it's importance if you get hit and interrupted without being able to regen back, get hit again and probably a rip.

VP+Blood rage can be dangerous sometimes but the boost is pretty nice, haven't done guardians yet but i'll probably drop blood rage for Frenzy/OoS for those fights and play safe.

I'm guessing KB dps wasn't enough for adds? Make sure you always have power charges up, thunderfist could boost it a bit but will make you squishier, you could probably reroll flasks as well, i swapped my QS for SilverFlask, 23% reduced charges and you can pop it twice, 20-25% less move than QS but onslaught is really nice.

Power charges are always up yeah.

Silver flask for onslaught might be a good idea indeed.
"
NayleenMT wrote:

I've got a few questions though.

How important is the stun immunity from Ezomyte hold ? The helm has absolutely crap stats and so far it doesn't seem to have been an issue for me.

I keep juggling between my life and basalt flasks : the degen from blood rage is a total bitch when you're between packs and just removing/requipping the relevant armor piece is a pita honestly. Had the same problem with my flicker strike build, I just feel VP and Blood rage really don't do well together. But the attack speed boost is so nice though :( What do you think ?

Finally, did my first ever Minotaur run today, and failed miserably : couldn't DPS the adds fast enough, minotaur itself wasn't an issue since I could facetank him. At that point I realized I didn't have a decoy totem in the build and have since swapped that in. When I look at your video you kill those adds waaaaaaaaay faster than I do though. Any suggestions ? Character is KineticPouffe.

Note that besides Minotaur I faceroll absolutely everything without any effort whatsoever so far.

Your black sun crest isn't really doing you any favors. The lack of life on it really isn't worth the small damage boost you get on KB imo. Since you have a dying sun you might even want to consider using added lightning instead of GMP for KB. Also since you have a Vinktar's you might want to respec out of the Vitality Void cluster/ranger flask nodes to get some more damage or jewel sockets. Using GMP over slower proj for barrage might get you more single target dmg but I didn't check. Vaal Summon Skeletons is also really useful.
For those with issues with the blood rage degen I just equip the bloodrage in my wand and weapon swap as soon as I want to turn it off. Immediately weapon swap back again and then just re-activate it when required.

My first Wander character too and really enjoying it. Pleased to have played it now but from the sounds of it I expect the 3 main flasks that it uses, Vinktars, Dying Sun and the Wise Oak will all be hit by the nerf hammer in 3.0.0. No idea how well it will clear content above T11 without them and without some really good gear.

I have crap gear and Vinktar's / Wise Oak and that seems enough for most trash. Using Thunderfist as wll as opposed to the hysteria gloves but I have my resists capped elsewhere.

Considering running Kaom's Roots for the stun immunity and the extra life. I'll probably give it a go and see how it feels. Shame to lose all the evasion though, might respec into Iron Reflexes. I've gone full phase acrobatics so different to the OP. Seems to help with clearing but I expect the really hard bosses will be an issue. May just swap to Kaom's Roots for them though.
"
cape413 wrote:

Your black sun crest isn't really doing you any favors. The lack of life on it really isn't worth the small damage boost you get on KB imo. Since you have a dying sun you might even want to consider using added lightning instead of GMP for KB. Also since you have a Vinktar's you might want to respec out of the Vitality Void cluster/ranger flask nodes to get some more damage or jewel sockets. Using GMP over slower proj for barrage might get you more single target dmg but I didn't check. Vaal Summon Skeletons is also really useful.

The current market for +1/2 barrage projectiles if fairly limited unless you want to spend 10ex on a helm. In my price range there is nothing available that would significantly increase KB dmg (the +1 gem level actually helps heh).

I spec'd out of Vitality void to grab more life & a jewel socket (life & crit chance), now sitting at 5.8k hp.

Slower proj actually gives better dps on barrage than GMP when you have dying sun active. As for KB I tried it with Added Lightning instead of GMP : while PoB indicates it's clearly superior dmg wise, the low amount of projectiles really feels off in game, it covers a lot less area and is generally less fun :(
"
cape413 wrote:
"
Greymane2k wrote:
So I posted a few pages back that I would try this build on 2.6 with a few modifications, as a Champion instead with Queen of the Forest.

Hmm, that sounds very interesting. Do you find Champion comparable to Pathfinder in terms of this build's overall performance? I only ask because I've never played a Champion before and I've been somewhat conditioned to believe that Pathfinder is "always the strongest option".

Well to be honest I was more fixated on playing a QoTF variant and I figured I'd get more evasion as a Champion as well as the extra movespeed from the ascendancy, although tbh with Pathfinder flask efficiency it might be comparable. I also wanted to try perma Fortify+Perseverance Belt so that I had access to Onslaught without using a Silver Flask. It was more just a sort of experiment or trial, and I was very happy with it. As far as outright comparison between the two, when I opened Ace's Pathfinder version on Path of Building and switched it to a Champion, and made slight change to tree (to accommodate different starting position) I lost about 5% damage (with identical gear), but of course there'll be underlying changes as well to Flask Duration/Effect and things like that. Plus one of the biggest upsides to a Pathfinder that can also reach the Alchemist nodes is that you achieve 50% Flask Effectiveness which gives you an additional arrow from Dying Sun which is huge.

One small note is that Champion might also be a safer choice if you play Hardcore league. In the past there have been Wander builds that go Champion because of the Ascendancy "First to Strike, Last to Fall" which gives you 200% increased evasion when you reach low life, increasing your avoidance chance against Reflect Damage when you are Accuracy-based (so not using Lycosidae or RT) - not exactly applicable in this case, as I was using Lycosidae, but just something to consider if you wanted to play on HC.

Anyway overall I won't say one is better than the other, I only played it as Champion so I can't compare it anyway, but generally I would agree with you that Pathfinder is the "OP" ascendancy most of the time and is almost always a safe bet, but at the same time I'll say that the Champion variant I played was very smooth, fun, and functional and I had no complaints, I cleared all content, Guardians, Shaper, Chayula Breach Lord, Uber Lab (didn't try Uber Atziri) and never felt dismayed at the performance in any regard, and that was with about ~4600-5000 life throughout most of my play.
Last edited by Greymane2k on Jul 19, 2017, 5:36:46 PM
Anyone feel like checking my wander and giving some advice on tree/possible upgrades?

Just hit 95 and wanna focus on boss-killing, aka T16's/Shaper since everything else melts in <1s.
Been looking for upgrades but pretty hard to find something better that isn't extremely overpriced, also, would it be a good idea to spec out of VitalityVoid? Could probably grab more hp/jewel if so.

Currently at 5.651 hp with Ezomyte and 2m burst dps according to PoB, planning on doing T16's all rare+corrupted(first timer as well)for atlas so a bit riskier, wanna make sure map doesn't go to waste cause i keep getting 1shot with flasks down or something. Planning on going Frenzy instead of blood rage until i feel safer with fights as well.

Gear:
Spoiler

Jewels/Flasks:
Spoiler

Edit: spec'd out of V.Void already and got 8% hp + extra jewel socket. Waaaay better, 5.800 hp cuz my last jewel has no hp.

Did minotaur/phoenix for atlas with +dmg/+life and went pretty well! Got charges and 100-20% boss in 4-5s, tp to refill flask and finished them lulcheese
Last edited by Phosphenez on Jul 20, 2017, 2:07:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info