[3.0] WanderFinder Under 1ex Guardians/Shaper no problem.

you messed up a bit with the gearing.
first, you should get piscators for this jewelry setup. for ele damage rare wands you have to get wed jewelry.

second, i personally prefer kaom roots over ezomyte.
No rest for the wicked
"
mezmery wrote:
you messed up a bit with the gearing.
first, you should get piscators for this jewelry setup. for ele damage rare wands you have to get wed jewelry.

second, i personally prefer kaom roots over ezomyte.

Yeah i have all flat light, piscator is still a 200k+ dps loss over my wand though, not to mention good jewelry with wed tends to be multiple ex while not being a big upgrade compared to what i have atm, str was for decoy totem but probably dropping it, helps a bit with life though.

Swapped some stuff around, gonna upgrade amulet to one with higher hp+crit multi instead, also i'm using boots mostly for the huge dps boost, plus its triple res/life which helps a lot, and sockets!

5.8k hp and 2.2m~ burst dps now, VaalHaste is really nice, will probably replace SilverFlask for WiseOak on phoenix/mino (300k dps boost) since i just stand still anyway.
Gonna replace thunderfist as well for gripped gloves once i find some good cheap ones!
Last edited by Phosphenez on Jul 20, 2017, 3:58:58 AM
"

Yeah i have all flat light, piscator is still a 200k+ dps loss over my wand though

that's because you havent invested in critmulti, so your wand adds alot.
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Jul 20, 2017, 4:12:22 AM
during leveling (at BOW stage yet) i have BIG ass pain with cruel lab.

With this tree:

i have 61 lvl, 2300 HP, 75% allres
I have 1700 DPS with 4l Blast Rain (BR+WED+Faster attack+Add_Cold) Izaro feel sefl as the Rock, i barely scrach them.
at this time i feel self like a paper that meat scisors.

could someone tell me what im doing wrong?

u can inspect my charter, SheWillBringMeBetaKey at standart leage (cos Izaro ofcource)

UPD:
i managed to kill him by lvling my gems by 1 lvl, and updating my bow to current 300 dps(phys+ele version), but im pretty sure that this action wont be possible at 3.0 start
Last edited by Mikes_Mekazukatoto on Jul 20, 2017, 10:44:46 AM
"
during leveling (at BOW stage yet) i have BIG ass pain with cruel lab.

With this tree:

i have 61 lvl, 2300 HP, 75% allres
I have 1700 DPS with 4l Blast Rain (BR+WED+Faster attack+Add_Cold) Izaro feel sefl as the Rock, i barely scrach them.
at this time i feel self like a paper that meat scisors.

could someone tell me what im doing wrong?

u can inspect my charter, SheWillBringMeBetaKey at standart leage (cos Izaro ofcource)

UPD:
i managed to kill him by lvling my gems by 1 lvl, and updating my bow to current 300 dps(phys+ele version), but im pretty sure that this action wont be possible at 3.0 start

People that race go straight to level 70 without doing any labs, i like to do normal lab before kitava, and cruel lab at 70.
If they nerf vinktar and dying sun this build doesn't get nerfed, 80% of builds NEED vinktar, for us is just an upgrade. Same for my other builds
Just realized I mistyped my first post, it's Chimera that handed my ass to me, not Minotaur.

Welp Minotaur just handed me my ass as well anyway, he keeps one shotting me with 6k life. Me standing in the circles like a dumbass because I don't know the fight doesn't help I'm guessing.

Still feels super squishy though, his first attack usually procs IC while taking out a huge chunk of my life and leech has a hard time keeping up after that.
Last edited by NayleenMT on Jul 20, 2017, 1:12:04 PM
"
Greymane2k wrote:
"
cape413 wrote:
"
Greymane2k wrote:
So I posted a few pages back that I would try this build on 2.6 with a few modifications, as a Champion instead with Queen of the Forest.

Hmm, that sounds very interesting. Do you find Champion comparable to Pathfinder in terms of this build's overall performance? I only ask because I've never played a Champion before and I've been somewhat conditioned to believe that Pathfinder is "always the strongest option".

Well to be honest I was more fixated on playing a QoTF variant and I figured I'd get more evasion as a Champion as well as the extra movespeed from the ascendancy, although tbh with Pathfinder flask efficiency it might be comparable. I also wanted to try perma Fortify+Perseverance Belt so that I had access to Onslaught without using a Silver Flask. It was more just a sort of experiment or trial, and I was very happy with it. As far as outright comparison between the two, when I opened Ace's Pathfinder version on Path of Building and switched it to a Champion, and made slight change to tree (to accommodate different starting position) I lost about 5% damage (with identical gear), but of course there'll be underlying changes as well to Flask Duration/Effect and things like that. Plus one of the biggest upsides to a Pathfinder that can also reach the Alchemist nodes is that you achieve 50% Flask Effectiveness which gives you an additional arrow from Dying Sun which is huge.

One small note is that Champion might also be a safer choice if you play Hardcore league. In the past there have been Wander builds that go Champion because of the Ascendancy "First to Strike, Last to Fall" which gives you 200% increased evasion when you reach low life, increasing your avoidance chance against Reflect Damage when you are Accuracy-based (so not using Lycosidae or RT) - not exactly applicable in this case, as I was using Lycosidae, but just something to consider if you wanted to play on HC.

Anyway overall I won't say one is better than the other, I only played it as Champion so I can't compare it anyway, but generally I would agree with you that Pathfinder is the "OP" ascendancy most of the time and is almost always a safe bet, but at the same time I'll say that the Champion variant I played was very smooth, fun, and functional and I had no complaints, I cleared all content, Guardians, Shaper, Chayula Breach Lord, Uber Lab (didn't try Uber Atziri) and never felt dismayed at the performance in any regard, and that was with about ~4600-5000 life throughout most of my play.

Thank you for all the input, this is exactly the information I was looking for. I really want to play this wander as a league start for 3.0, and whether or not I personally choose champion or pathfinder will probably be dependent on patch notes, though I'm leaning towards pathfinder. I don't think that the proposed nerfs the unique flasks will make pathfinder that much less appealing for this build, unless they decide to further nerf flask mechanics or the ascendancy itself.
Also hey Ace, what do you think of using Belt of the Deceiver in this build? Does the damage boost and reduced dmg from crits justify the loss of life/flask affixes you'd get from a rare belt?
I just can't manage to get a 6L in Turmoil. What's the best way to maximize barrage dps without one?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info