3.0.0 taking away instant logout?

Please be true, I miss the days when HC was meaningful. If ever there was a good time to change this, 3.0 when the whole game is getting revamped/rebalanced is the time.
Last bumped on Jun 3, 2017, 9:45:37 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The fuck is this click bait?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Got my damn hopes up. :P
Don't you just want to kill players at bandits, kza?

:P
they already said they would have to redesign the whole game if they ever implemented a delayed logout.

if implemented, players likely would take no risks anymore and would have less fun doing so.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
they already said they would have to redesign the whole game if they ever implemented a delayed logout.

if implemented, players likely would take no risks anymore and would have less fun doing so.

I'm sorry, but I disagree.

I never ever faced a difficult/impossible situation and used the "chicken" way out via logout instead of using a portal or dying.

I always prefer to make fair risk assessments, and face the consequences of my actions. And most of the time, if you keep your calm, and have a bit of skillplay, you end up amazed by your own accomplishments.

You would just have to deal with the fact that instant "chicken" out is not an option. It should have never been, but due to desync that was almost nullified by lockstep or the improved predictive mode years later, a compromise was reached.

The delayed logout will require more tuning of damage spikes, if it ever gets implemented.
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on May 28, 2017, 9:44:57 AM
If you want them to remove features as instant logout they should remove lag aswell. Investing in more servers across the world seems to be the 1st step. Now once te do that, HC will be playable. If not, you need something like this to balance it out.
"
4gg_Spark wrote:
If you want them to remove features as instant logout they should remove lag aswell. Investing in more servers across the world seems to be the 1st step. Now once te do that, HC will be playable. If not, you need something like this to balance it out.

Instant logout is not balancing it out. It simply turns Hardcore into Chickencore.
You do not make the same decisions when considering instant logout as an option.

A proper compensation should be encouraging you to take risks through generous rewards.
HC should have a steeper scaling in rewards (XP, gear, currency) the higher the risks you take.

So grinding in a "dangerous" zone should net you considerably more rewards per time spent than grinding in a "safe" zone.
Forum Warrior - Why are you creating a thread about this subject? Use Search!
Also Forum Warrior - Nice necro.
Last edited by Nurvus on May 28, 2017, 11:38:52 AM
"
sofocle10000 wrote:

The delayed logout will require more tuning of damage spikes, if it ever gets implemented.

yes, that's what i meant with "redesign".

currently, outside late endgame areas, the game has no real life threathening elements (anymore). some kiting here, some fast and accurate positioning there, some life/es/armor/evasion and you're good to go.

dangerous situations come from several mods coming together like a ghosted boss, some rare with a damage aura wandering into your difficult fight and so on.

these mechanics would have to be changed, damage from monsters would have to be more equalized (or generally deadly bosses to be introduced) to take care to not bring players into situations with no way out which would frustrate them.

and there would have to be a replacement for the situational surprises the game has now, i have no idea where they could come from.
"
Nurvus wrote:

So grinding in a "dangerous" zone should net you considerably more rewards per time spent than grinding in a "safe" zone.

what's your opinion of the results this change would have on the player base?

please consider that players naturally strive for the best effort/result outcome.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info