Energy Shield and Life

In the small hope this gets read
Buff auramancer
More Hp on right side of tree

Hope es nerfs work out and arent as hard as everyone claims
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
Last edited by Marinxar on May 19, 2017, 9:30:23 AM
"
"
Marxone wrote:
"
Archangel223 wrote:

I'll be honest, I'm not completely sure what you are saying. Also you can take life life Regen. Most good HP builds that aren't RF don't really need Life regen. In fact you can take 50% regen if you want to as Vaal Pact makes regen worthless anyways.

You seem to be misunderstanding what me and many others have pointed out about how much better high ES is compared to other forms of defense.

Lets say you have around 6K life, 10 Endurance charges putting you at 93% physical damage reduction, 35% chance to block, 35% chance to dodge, an immortal call that lasts 8 seconds, Fortify, and a 45% chance to evade.

Then, you have a CI character that has 16k ES, 20-25% physical Physical damage reduction, +5% max resists, cannot be stunned, and leeches ES instantly.

currently 1 of them is way more likely to die than the other. Can you guess which one?

Life build? :)

Then, you have a CI character that has 16k ES, 20-25% physical Physical damage reduction, +5% max resists, cannot be stunned, and leeches ES instantly.
Hmm is not part of my build currently and 16k ES as a Summoner r u mad? I wish!!
Have u ever played Summoner?

In fact from ur character selection I can see clearly u don't play ES so how can u offer opinion ?? You play Life based characters cos u know they perform better in the end game admit it
"
Archangel223 wrote:

You seem to be misunderstanding what me and many others have pointed out about how much better high ES is compared to other forms of defense.

Lets say you have around 6K life, 10 Endurance charges putting you at 93% physical damage reduction, 35% chance to block, 35% chance to dodge, an immortal call that lasts 8 seconds, Fortify, and a 45% chance to evade.

currently 1 of them is way more likely to die than the other. Can you guess which one?

the life buld is better but, you dont have a viable char with 6k because of elemntal and chaos damage. Thats partly a build problem there. Sacrifice End charges or block or evade for more life.
Were it not for the low number the life character would be much much safer though.

There is no problem with ES being better overall. Its the more currency intensive investment. It is ok that there are things in the game that are better than other things in the game.

Life builds should just be viable. And without Kaom's. Its ok for high end ES to be overall better than high end life builds.
I wonder how many of you ever played Life build without life pot. You should try it.
Same as CI, except you are not immune to Chaos and your pool is lower (usually about 7.5k as Berzerk or Pathfinder around lvl 90 with decent gear , when avoiding uniques without life rolls)
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
Hmm is not part of my build currently and 16k ES as a Summoner r u mad? I wish!!

In fact from ur character selection I can see clearly u don't play ES so how can u offer opinion ?? You play Life based characters cos u know they perform better in the end game admit it

won't lie this actually made me chuckle. Look at you huh. Regular Sherlock Holmes over here with the masterful reasoning.

It's almost as if you're unaware of the fact that I reroll my standard characters every major update? It's also as if you're unaware of the fact that all of my Assassin builds and my scion were originally ES? It's almost as if you had no idea that I deleted several witches from my account?

anyways, I believe I stated in this very thread that I didn't like how much easier the game felt playing ES.

Also, that my prefer characters and playstyle involve some form of up close combat and/or melee. I've never enjoyed range in any game I've ever played accept for maybe as a secondary skill in PVP to hit people who don't want to fight.

man...I've heard of jumping to conclusions but that was one hell of a leap slam.

"
the life buld is better but, you dont have a viable char with 6k because of elemntal and chaos damage. Thats partly a build problem there. Sacrifice End charges or block or evade for more life.
Were it not for the low number the life character would be much much safer though.

There is no problem with ES being better overall. Its the more currency intensive investment. It is ok that there are things in the game that are better than other things in the game.

Life builds should just be viable. And without Kaom's. Its ok for high end ES to be overall better than high end life builds.

I actually 100% agree. It's really difficult to build a creative character especially since most unique items don't give you anything to life and +life on all gear is a must if you hope to not suck balls later.

The point is, this game has a giant passive tree, lots of cool items and seemingly endless possibilities accept it really doesn't.

What Path of Exile is really and has been for awhile is an illusion of freedom and choice. You can create whatever you want but creating a build that can do everything really limits your options. Especially as a life based build.

With that said, I feel like these changes to ES are a tad bit over the top. I thought giving ES builds Vaal Pact was a problem. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing more life nodes on the right side of the tree. Also wouldn't mind seeing some jewels that convert ES to life. Hell I wouldn't even mind seeing more ES on the left/bottom of the skill tree. I enjoy versatility. Everyone should be free to play what they like and navigate their way towards a successful version without being forced in one direction.

TL:DR, game should promote versatility and reward creativity not OP meta domination for years at a time.
"
Archangel223 wrote:

TL:DR, game should promote versatility and reward creativity not OP meta domination for years at a time.

at risk of sounding like a smartass but

Dont take from the rich just because they are rich.
Dont nerf the best builds in the game for no other reason that they are the best.

Its great that there are faceroll builds and let people enjoy them, provided they require an investment proportional to their power!

That's the point.

Don't follow this and you have nerf culture and a game where everything feels gimped down and mediocre.

Edit: I do agree though that it is great to have build diversity and PoE should provided it. Not through nerfs though, and heavy handed interference with the status quo.

Last edited by Toliman on May 19, 2017, 10:18:23 AM
Being an average player, this sounds awful to me. :(
"
Archangel223 wrote:
"

won't lie this actually made me chuckle. Look at you huh. Regular Sherlock Holmes over here with the masterful reasoning.

It's almost as if you're unaware of the fact that I reroll my standard characters every major update? It's also as if you're unaware of the fact that all of my Assassin builds and my scion were originally ES? It's almost as if you had no idea that I deleted several witches from my account?

anyways, I believe I stated in this very thread that I didn't like how much easier the game felt playing ES.

Also, that my prefer characters and playstyle involve some form of up close combat and/or melee. I've never enjoyed range in any game I've ever played accept for maybe as a secondary skill in PVP to hit people who don't want to fight.

man...I've heard of jumping to conclusions but that was one hell of a leap slam.

"

I actually 100% agree. It's really difficult to build a creative character especially since most unique items don't give you anything to life and +life on all gear is a must if you hope to not suck balls later.

The point is, this game has a giant passive tree, lots of cool items and seemingly endless possibilities accept it really doesn't.

What Path of Exile is really and has been for awhile is an illusion of freedom and choice. You can create whatever you want but creating a build that can do everything really limits your options. Especially as a life based build.

With that said, I feel like these changes to ES are a tad bit over the top. I thought giving ES builds Vaal Pact was a problem. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing more life nodes on the right side of the tree. Also wouldn't mind seeing some jewels that convert ES to life. Hell I wouldn't even mind seeing more ES on the left/bottom of the skill tree. I enjoy versatility. Everyone should be free to play what they like and navigate their way towards a successful version without being forced in one direction.

Originally, Almost, Deleted,

Anyway who cares what u think GGG is not stupid it will compensate and ill still be playing my ES or hybrid hmmm and ull prb be still thinking that people owe u something gl
"
Archangel223 wrote:
"

"

Then GGG should buff life or nerf one shots. This nerf hammer will make most non legacy ES builds worse than current life builds. They're essentially nerfing like 45% of all builds because of a few ES outliers like howa, BV BF.
It's too heavy handed. I'd love it if they buffed life. I've been theory crafting two which i really want to try in 3.0 and I'd love to break 10k life on a EA pathfinder.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info