Energy Shield and Life

Guys I've got a very important question.

Will I be able to remove this crafted mod in 3.0 and replace it with better Haku +45, or would that destroy my legacy hybrid %ES mod?
"
Solkan88 wrote:

Will I be able to remove this crafted mod in 3.0 and replace it with better Haku +45, or would that destroy my legacy hybrid %ES mod?

removing a crafted mod doesn't reroll the item, to nerf the hat you would have to divine it...

side note, why dont you use an exalted on it instead
Life will be technically better Soon TM
Last edited by waskely on May 19, 2017, 11:19:47 AM
"
Toliman wrote:
"
Archangel223 wrote:

TL:DR, game should promote versatility and reward creativity not OP meta domination for years at a time.

at risk of sounding like a smartass but

Dont take from the rich just because they are rich.
Dont nerf the best builds in the game for no other reason that they are the best.

Its great that there are faceroll builds and let people enjoy them, provided they require an investment proportional to their power!

That's the point.

Don't follow this and you have nerf culture and a game where everything feels gimped down and mediocre.

Edit: I do agree though that it is great to have build diversity and PoE should provided it. Not through nerfs though, and heavy handed interference with the status quo.

Continuing on your analogy of rich vs the poor, How would you feel if you went to the store and milk cost 100 dollars? Bread was 200 dollars? The rich could still handle this but how could a normal person handle such a thing?

All of the content that's been added over the years, and continually buffed has always been to challenge the very best builds. The problem is with power creep and the wallet(we all know some people are spending rl money on this game lets be real) players are able to achieve god builds. When the hardest content in the game provides 0 challenge the GGG devs have no choice but to bring in even more difficult builds, basically punishing people who try to do anything different as a result.

I don't actually didn't think ES needed much nerfing outside of giving them Vaal pact. However, It must be frustrating for them to watch statistics of the same shit every league with 90% of builds re-rolling to ES. Truth be told, only an extreme nerf/rebalance can really show who actually wants to play ES/CI and who's simply doing it because it's 10x better than Life.

Sadly with this kind of a nerf. The opposite problem may happen.

"
Then GGG should buff life or nerf one shots. This nerf hammer will make most non legacy ES builds worse than current life builds. They're essentially nerfing like 45% of all builds because of a few ES outliers like howa, BV BF.
It's too heavy handed. I'd love it if they buffed life. I've been theory crafting two which i really want to try in 3.0 and I'd love to break 10k life on a EA pathfinder.

I was hoping more for a life buff, and an end to BS mechanics. We got some slight....slight...slight HP changes, Truth be told Evasion/Armor gear just needs to roll flat HP or maybe some nodes to %HP should also have flat added HP? Who knows.

10k Life on a pathfinder? Is that a thing?
So basically every self cast ES character from now on will have to be elementalist for reduced reflected damage taken along with the ring for reduced reflected damage taken if you are self casting an elemental attack. Otherwise you WILL die to reflect eventually.

Otherwise your ES character will have to use totems or mines or summons.

Sadly unless they nerf volatiles most people will still run ES so you don't get one shot by them.

I predict a crazy amount of ES based totem/mine occultist builds or just chaos damage occultist builds. Otherwise you will have to be a elementalist for self cast. Rip build variety.

MOM might make a comeback. I do hope they have significant changes to the passive tree to give the upper right side of the tree more life nodes.
"
waskely wrote:
"
Solkan88 wrote:

removing a crafted mod doesn't reroll the item, to nerf the hat you would have to divine it...

side note, why dont you use an exalted on it instead

It's too risky, if I miss the ES prefix, I wouldn't be able to craft it in 3.0

Anyways thanks for your answer.
"
Archangel223 wrote:

Continuing on your analogy of rich vs the poor, How would you feel if you went to the store and milk cost 100 dollars? Bread was 200 dollars? The rich could still handle this but how could a normal person handle such a thing?

Bread and Milk = medium es and life values. Which are attainable for everyone.
Everyone who wants more can invest the time to get the crazy ES values. Just like in real life, not everyone is willing to do it

Atziri and Shaper builds are not bread and milk level. They are not supposed to be beatable with medium value builds.

"
I don't actually didn't think ES needed much nerfing outside of giving them Vaal pact. However, It must be frustrating for them to watch statistics of the same shit every league with 90% of builds re-rolling to ES.

why is this frustrating.
People go for the best. One thing is the best. Everyone may go for thing.
I personally dont because I play what I like. I still do freeze pulsers and RF because I like the style.

Why the need to control how people play?
dont worry about such things people find ways to do things their way. But if the devs keep making top down decisions deciding which builds are allowed to live and which do not have their favour they will destroy their game like Blizzard so frequently does.
Last edited by Toliman on May 19, 2017, 12:03:08 PM
"
Mfer wrote:
Wow this sucks... should have just buffed life

So that everyone can ignore all enemy mechanics and just facetank, and not just busted ES builds?

I am glad to see that GGG doesn't want players to faceroll end game content any more, I was getting worried for a bit there that they would coddle the casual gamers because they were starting to care more about cashflow than the games integrity as a hard core ARPG.

This is reassuring, if you were facetanking Shaper ignoring all his mechanics, well L2 play, git gud and all that.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on May 19, 2017, 12:02:07 PM
"
Archangel223 wrote:
I mean, The data speaks for itself really, While there are some life builds out there that can speedrun all guardians, shaper, Ubers, and maps with any mods the overwhelming majority of Life builds can't. In fact you would be hard pressed to find an affordable life build that can do all content in the game safely. Keyword in that sentence is affordable.

As mentioned in the notes and anyone playing this game long enough has noticed, The good ES rolled gear costs several EXs while pretty decent gear for a life build is often 1/10th of that so in the beginning or if you're not rich it makes more sense to be a life based build.

However, when it comes to taking on the end game content it's impossible to do on an affordable HP build. Again I use the word affordable. Most new players or new league starters won't be running around with gear worth more than 1 or 2 ex by the time they reach 80s(unless they get lucky). Those HP shaper speed runs that were posted for example. Estimated price of all gear in those vids is somewhere between 55-120ex.

If you can get this kind of currency then yeah HP can be made viable, still may die to a rock falling from the sky but yeah...you can do most content and be relatively safe as long as you use a select few builds.

So why aren't their more HP builds clearing all content and reaching the max level/end game?

"They suck, git gud!"

I hear you, however we're the correct phrase would be "get better" in this case. It's all about optimization. As someone mentioned a 10k+ RF HP build can clear a lot of the content in the game and be pretty comfortable. but a RF ES Build can do the same thing and do it better, especially with a Guardian support you can get a 45k RF ES build running around doing 4 times the amount of DPS as an HP RF build.

My point here is, If you're going to be spending money to build an expensive character you might as well build the best possible version of that character. And aside from a select few Marauder/Duelist builds it's simply safer and more optimal to be ES, especially CI/ES because of a free immunity to chaos(something that often plagues HP builds, especially in PVP).

anyone else notice there are no HP supports?, nothing in the game buffs HP, there is no discipline equivalent for HP builds, There are no Unique jewels that convert ES in the area to HP. You can still be 1-shot as a tanky HP build with 6-7k life and 10 endurance charges. 90% of end game builds have been ES builds for the past 1-2 years. Clearly something's wrong with the balance and some extreme measures must be taken at least in the BETA testing.

I don't believe all of these changes will hold up in 3.0, I do think it's worth testing some of these changes, If it turns out to be too much(I suspect it might) then slight buffs will be sure to come in 3.0.

i think you are overly dramatic, life don't suck that mutch even if i agree that ES is still more powerfull. i'm currently running a 5k life (0 endurance charges) build and with 5 passives invested in evasion, i've beaten all endgame and i'm still casually levelling in T14-15 maps double beyond. evasion paired with a good enfeeble, multiple VP leech sources (Blade vortex, blade fall, blade flurry), big damage and good mobility is a powerfull and effective defense. i'd choose it all day vs a high ES build less mobile.

i've also a 6.5k life build with endurance charges and despite being more tanky in numbers it dies more often because of a lower mobility. "big" numbers are not alway the answer.

if you make your own builds, gear cost is also greatly reduced.

considering oneshot mechanics, i still fail to understand why it's so important ? most of oneshot damages are clearly visible and telegraphed : long ass charged attacks for most endgame boss, volatiles (it's written on it so...), DD. all of these are easy to avoid with good mobility, awareness and game knowledge.

what pissed me of with ES and leech is that vinktar use is only positive. take a 6k life build, using vinktar is a big risk because even a usual hit can onshot you since you are shocked. with a 12k es build, vinktar's shock on player is almost unconsequencial.
"
bhavv wrote:
"
Samyaza wrote:
People here don't realize it's just beta Kappa

People also dont realise that beta, and even planned changes are done to get feedback and research.

Beta yes, "planned changes" not so much. They will see how it all turns out during beta and then perhaps make adjustments. I doubt any changes will be made into the nerf ratios of ES before the actual beta, just because some people feel like saying they are ruining the game...
Noooo

What about Righteous fire?
If you lower ES this much the damage dealt with RF is going down the same % as it is based on total life and ES.
Cant you compensate RF skill for this loss?
Otherwise R.I.P. Righteous Fire skill.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info