Energy Shield and Life

"
Archangel223 wrote:
I mean, The data speaks for itself really, While there are some life builds out there that can speedrun all guardians, shaper, Ubers, and maps with any mods the overwhelming majority of Life builds can't. In fact you would be hard pressed to find an affordable life build that can do all content in the game safely. Keyword in that sentence is affordable.

As mentioned in the notes and anyone playing this game long enough has noticed, The good ES rolled gear costs several EXs while pretty decent gear for a life build is often 1/10th of that so in the beginning or if you're not rich it makes more sense to be a life based build.

However, when it comes to taking on the end game content it's impossible to do on an affordable HP build. Again I use the word affordable. Most new players or new league starters won't be running around with gear worth more than 1 or 2 ex by the time they reach 80s(unless they get lucky). Those HP shaper speed runs that were posted for example. Estimated price of all gear in those vids is somewhere between 55-120ex.

If you can get this kind of currency then yeah HP can be made viable, still may die to a rock falling from the sky but yeah...you can do most content and be relatively safe as long as you use a select few builds.

So why aren't their more HP builds clearing all content and reaching the max level/end game?

"They suck, git gud!"

I hear you, however we're the correct phrase would be "get better" in this case. It's all about optimization. As someone mentioned a 10k+ RF HP build can clear a lot of the content in the game and be pretty comfortable. but a RF ES Build can do the same thing and do it better, especially with a Guardian support you can get a 45k RF ES build running around doing 4 times the amount of DPS as an HP RF build.

My point here is, If you're going to be spending money to build an expensive character you might as well build the best possible version of that character. And aside from a select few Marauder/Duelist builds it's simply safer and more optimal to be ES, especially CI/ES because of a free immunity to chaos(something that often plagues HP builds, especially in PVP).

anyone else notice there are no HP supports?, nothing in the game buffs HP, there is no discipline equivalent for HP builds, There are no Unique jewels that convert ES in the area to HP. You can still be 1-shot as a tanky HP build with 6-7k life and 10 endurance charges. 90% of end game builds have been ES builds for the past 1-2 years. Clearly something's wrong with the balance and some extreme measures must be taken at least in the BETA testing.

I don't believe all of these changes will hold up in 3.0, I do think it's worth testing some of these changes, If it turns out to be too much(I suspect it might) then slight buffs will be sure to come in 3.0.

The first sensible post I've seen in this thread. Thank you Archangel223.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Siosa said, remember.. life is precious
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Archangel223 wrote:
I mean, The data speaks for itself really, While there are some life builds out there that can speedrun all guardians, shaper, Ubers, and maps with any mods the overwhelming majority of Life builds can't. In fact you would be hard pressed to find an affordable life build that can do all content in the game safely. Keyword in that sentence is affordable.

As mentioned in the notes and anyone playing this game long enough has noticed, The good ES rolled gear costs several EXs while pretty decent gear for a life build is often 1/10th of that so in the beginning or if you're not rich it makes more sense to be a life based build.

However, when it comes to taking on the end game content it's impossible to do on an affordable HP build. Again I use the word affordable. Most new players or new league starters won't be running around with gear worth more than 1 or 2 ex by the time they reach 80s(unless they get lucky). Those HP shaper speed runs that were posted for example. Estimated price of all gear in those vids is somewhere between 55-120ex.

If you can get this kind of currency then yeah HP can be made viable, still may die to a rock falling from the sky but yeah...you can do most content and be relatively safe as long as you use a select few builds.

So why aren't their more HP builds clearing all content and reaching the max level/end game?

"They suck, git gud!"

I hear you, however we're the correct phrase would be "get better" in this case. It's all about optimization. As someone mentioned a 10k+ RF HP build can clear a lot of the content in the game and be pretty comfortable. but a RF ES Build can do the same thing and do it better, especially with a Guardian support you can get a 45k RF ES build running around doing 4 times the amount of DPS as an HP RF build.

My point here is, If you're going to be spending money to build an expensive character you might as well build the best possible version of that character. And aside from a select few Marauder/Duelist builds it's simply safer and more optimal to be ES, especially CI/ES because of a free immunity to chaos(something that often plagues HP builds, especially in PVP).

anyone else notice there are no HP supports?, nothing in the game buffs HP, there is no discipline equivalent for HP builds, There are no Unique jewels that convert ES in the area to HP. You can still be 1-shot as a tanky HP build with 6-7k life and 10 endurance charges. 90% of end game builds have been ES builds for the past 1-2 years. Clearly something's wrong with the balance and some extreme measures must be taken at least in the BETA testing.

I don't believe all of these changes will hold up in 3.0, I do think it's worth testing some of these changes, If it turns out to be too much(I suspect it might) then slight buffs will be sure to come in 3.0.

What absolute Rubbish!! I got to lev 88 with fire chieftain and I suck. Just with few expensive items which I didn't really utilized properly anyway. Totally affordable and as for ur support; we r ur support with auras defensive & offensive; people that u call leggy Necromancers Summoners Auramancers. If u think people should give up 30% ES how about u surrender 30% ur life regen aha
I cant think about this whole thing anymore. Im sick and tired of this game. I was actually sick and tired of this game before. It felt like work. I just wanted to complete my personal mission to build up a mirrored ci crit attack char. Because i love upgrades. And it took me a long long time to gather the first 700ex for that. Now they destroyed it. But its fine. I kinda feel free now.
"
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Archangel223 wrote:

"They suck, git gud!"

What absolute Rubbish!! I got to lev 88 with fire chieftain and I suck. Just with few expensive items which I didn't really utilized properly anyway. Totally affordable and as for ur support; we r ur support with auras defensive & offensive; people that u call leggy Necromancers Summoners Auramancers. If u think people should give up 30% ES how about u surrender 30% ur life regen aha

I'll be honest, I'm not completely sure what you are saying. Also you can take life life Regen. Most good HP builds that aren't RF don't really need Life regen. In fact you can take 50% regen if you want to as Vaal Pact makes regen worthless anyways.

You seem to be misunderstanding what me and many others have pointed out about how much better high ES is compared to other forms of defense.

Lets say you have around 6K life, 10 Endurance charges putting you at 93% physical damage reduction, 35% chance to block, 35% chance to dodge, an immortal call that lasts 8 seconds, Fortify, and a 45% chance to evade.

Then, you have a CI character that has 16k ES, 20-25% physical Physical damage reduction, +5% max resists, cannot be stunned, and leeches ES instantly.

currently 1 of them is way more likely to die than the other. Can you guess which one?
"
Archangel223 wrote:

I'll be honest, I'm not completely sure what you are saying. Also you can take life life Regen. Most good HP builds that aren't RF don't really need Life regen. In fact you can take 50% regen if you want to as Vaal Pact makes regen worthless anyways.

You seem to be misunderstanding what me and many others have pointed out about how much better high ES is compared to other forms of defense.

Lets say you have around 6K life, 10 Endurance charges putting you at 93% physical damage reduction, 35% chance to block, 35% chance to dodge, an immortal call that lasts 8 seconds, Fortify, and a 45% chance to evade.

Then, you have a CI character that has 16k ES, 20-25% physical Physical damage reduction, +5% max resists, cannot be stunned, and leeches ES instantly.

currently 1 of them is way more likely to die than the other. Can you guess which one?

Life build? :)
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

I SUPPORT FLASK MACROS
3.13 was the golden age. Down the drain we go.
"
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Archangel223 wrote:

"They suck, git gud!"

Deal.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
I am slightly concerned about the prefixes / sufixes balance. How "easy" it will be to roll decent ES item? Will it be easier, or the amount of tiers for ES / flatES / hybrid ES rolls will remain the same, just the values will get re-balanced? If the top tier rolls will be apart of themselves like 5-10% values, then it will be easier to achieve decently rolled item?

Flat ES has 13 tiers if http://www.exilemods.com is up to date.

A bit of a problem what i saw was the easy ability to get average 700ES chest (usually up to 50c. If there won't be done any change in this way ,i guess the ES play style will be still accessible to lots of people (just lower total pool in the end)

Or can we expect some change in this regard? To actually reduce the amount of tiers for the rolls = reducing the pool of "good enough" prefixes when crafting.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

I SUPPORT FLASK MACROS
3.13 was the golden age. Down the drain we go.
"
Marxone wrote:
"
Archangel223 wrote:

Life build? :)

Hmm is not part of my build currently and 16k ES as a Summoner r u mad? I wish!!
Have u ever played Summoner?
"
Marxone wrote:
I am slightly concerned about the prefixes / sufixes balance. How "easy" it will be to roll decent ES item? Will it be easier, or the amount of tiers for ES / flatES / hybrid ES rolls will remain the same, just the values will get re-balanced? If the top tier rolls will be apart of themselves like 5-10% values, then it will be easier to achieve decently rolled item?

Flat ES has 13 tiers if http://www.exilemods.com is up to date.

A bit of a problem what i saw was the easy ability to get average 700ES chest (usually up to 50c. If there won't be done any change in this way ,i guess the ES play style will be still accessible to lots of people (just lower total pool in the end)

Or can we expect some change in this regard? To actually reduce the amount of tiers for the rolls = reducing the pool of "good enough" prefixes when crafting.

This is actually one of the better questions asked in this thread.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info