Energy Shield and Life

"
Marinxar wrote:
"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAcDdlje-S8

So this is not OP?

"NERF NERF NERF. See, all Life builds are OP. There is the proof...."

^

That is how people think that say ES needed that massive nerf.

show me a life build that can afk shaper and NOT die lul scrubs
I'm just a casual player with not too much experience but it seems to me that the way these changes are made is implemented very badly.

Wouldn't it be a lot more balanced/simple to maybe reduce the buff to ES from Int? or removing the hybrid mod from armor?
Basically what I'm saying is that similar results or balance in general can be achieved with a much simpler and cleaner way.

Also.. ES is not exactly a replacement for life pull as by using it you also remove armor/evasion most of the time if you actually want a big ES pool (and sacrificing other sorts of damage mitigation) which means you take a lot more damage than life based builds, so it obviously have to be higher than life.

What about bow based builds that can't use ES shield? These changes seems to affect these builds a lot more than ones that use shields. should maybe add a jewel that makes dex bonus to evasion in range to apply to ES instead
"
Archangel223 wrote:
You both seem to be missing the fact that in each video it's not life that is causing the issue at all it's the Flasks combined with blade flurry. That skill can scale damage into the hundreds of millions with the right gear and flask effectiveness. I suspect something about that will also be changed.

Perhaps you should look up things first.

There are countless life builds, from RF to Cyclone and everything in between, racing for the quickest Shaper kills.

So ES trivialising end-game ? It seems more like Life builds are.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Nedfert wrote:
Probabily this game is become the hardest game in the world .This game lose player every day and this is a fact we all know( friend list empty day by day ) and now another brutal nef anouncement, i wonder if we not be able to play decent anymore this game, why we stil play or invest in this game?

Because it's the best ARPG ever made.

That's still D1 babe ;)
"
cmac89 wrote:
"
Marinxar wrote:
"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAcDdlje-S8

So this is not OP?

"NERF NERF NERF. See, all Life builds are OP. There is the proof...."

^

That is how people think that say ES needed that massive nerf.

show me a life build that can afk shaper and NOT die lul scrubs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLFIeKcB08c

Well it is 2.2 and not shaper but you srlsy think this wasn't done with life?

How about that poe 2.6 AFK build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeLX19tE0bE
Last edited by loardpcm on May 19, 2017, 7:02:38 AM
Trying to make arguments for such a sadistic decision is simply hilarious. As well as replying. Things are simple. There's a hidden agenda and has to do with money. Not from the in-game micro-transactions.
Last edited by aryosgr on May 19, 2017, 7:06:52 AM
LOL
Last edited by cmac89 on May 19, 2017, 7:21:18 AM
on 25k ES? yeah, check the build thread.. if you spend 20-40 ex, and have some legacy gear (3x legacy energy from within?) on standard, and make maximum investment in regen and ES (or life).. you have an "afk build" which does shit damage but can afk endgame bosses. don't try and map with it though.

it's the inverse of a glass cannon..

the notion that this is "op" is absurd... it's like a new player who struggled to obtain 4k life saw the 25k es number, and determined "wow that must be OP!".

I mean, the uber atziri video is 40 minutes long, at the end of which he DIES, and Atziri is still full health.
"
Ygidua wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Nedfert wrote:
Probabily this game is become the hardest game in the world .This game lose player every day and this is a fact we all know( friend list empty day by day ) and now another brutal nef anouncement, i wonder if we not be able to play decent anymore this game, why we stil play or invest in this game?

Because it's the best ARPG ever made.

That's still D1 babe ;)

Or D2... but they're very close. :D

Okay I'll rephrase..

Because it's the best ARPG recently made.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
I mean, The data speaks for itself really, While there are some life builds out there that can speedrun all guardians, shaper, Ubers, and maps with any mods the overwhelming majority of Life builds can't. In fact you would be hard pressed to find an affordable life build that can do all content in the game safely. Keyword in that sentence is affordable.

As mentioned in the notes and anyone playing this game long enough has noticed, The good ES rolled gear costs several EXs while pretty decent gear for a life build is often 1/10th of that so in the beginning or if you're not rich it makes more sense to be a life based build.

However, when it comes to taking on the end game content it's impossible to do on an affordable HP build. Again I use the word affordable. Most new players or new league starters won't be running around with gear worth more than 1 or 2 ex by the time they reach 80s(unless they get lucky). Those HP shaper speed runs that were posted for example. Estimated price of all gear in those vids is somewhere between 55-120ex.

If you can get this kind of currency then yeah HP can be made viable, still may die to a rock falling from the sky but yeah...you can do most content and be relatively safe as long as you use a select few builds.

So why aren't their more HP builds clearing all content and reaching the max level/end game?

"They suck, git gud!"

I hear you, however we're the correct phrase would be "get better" in this case. It's all about optimization. As someone mentioned a 10k+ RF HP build can clear a lot of the content in the game and be pretty comfortable. but a RF ES Build can do the same thing and do it better, especially with a Guardian support you can get a 45k RF ES build running around doing 4 times the amount of DPS as an HP RF build.

My point here is, If you're going to be spending money to build an expensive character you might as well build the best possible version of that character. And aside from a select few Marauder/Duelist builds it's simply safer and more optimal to be ES, especially CI/ES because of a free immunity to chaos(something that often plagues HP builds, especially in PVP).

anyone else notice there are no HP supports?, nothing in the game buffs HP, there is no discipline equivalent for HP builds, There are no Unique jewels that convert ES in the area to HP. You can still be 1-shot as a tanky HP build with 6-7k life and 10 endurance charges. 90% of end game builds have been ES builds for the past 1-2 years. Clearly something's wrong with the balance and some extreme measures must be taken at least in the BETA testing.

I don't believe all of these changes will hold up in 3.0, I do think it's worth testing some of these changes, If it turns out to be too much(I suspect it might) then slight buffs will be sure to come in 3.0.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info