Energy Shield and Life

"
simoniknow wrote:
"
Theres a video doing the rounds in GD that someone posted to try and prove that ES is overpowered at shaper.

The character had 8k ES and didnt once get hit to below 5k. At one point he dipped to 2.5k es due to making the mistake of standing in the degen beam for too long.

Aint no reason then why people cant do shaper with 4k HP, life regen and flasks.

He was playing a trapper so easily avoiding damage.

OK, probably just me being a noob, have not seen the video please link. And the guy is not using legacy gear cosing +100 ex. a piece like broken legacy vinktar either ?

Literally just 8k ES and mines:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkszLRitBZ0

No one shot damage of much more than 3k anywhere, just degen beam to 2.5k which can be avoided / flasked if you are life.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
The amount of time spent gaining these items man is so hard, takes so much time and then they become almost useless. i'm getting scared to play the game. all these new changes hurt so much, like the new update to make shit unq items better but all your old items cannot re-roll to new values with divine orb, so you can fuck up your legacy God items but you can't update the existing ones with divine orbs. and now your telling me instead of making life as good as es its better to just Nerf es to the ground while buffing life.

but i bet i just sound like a soft core standard bitch
Congratulations on balancing and fixing the 1% of players/builds that cost > 25ex and were overpowered.

Congratulations as well on destroying the 95% of builds that us normal people used and were never overpowered to begin with.
"
Nekecske wrote:
"
Mef wrote:
These chages look like a stupid overnerf. I'm fine with changes to Vaal Pact and Zealot Oath, but what the hell are you doing with ES stats? I really hoped you were going to BUFF life-based builds to make em viable, not to NERF ES ones, because it's not ES builds are OP, it's life-build that are completely useless if one's going to make it to the end-game content. Who are you looking at, GGG? 25000 ES pre nerf? Really, GGG? I'm not a 24/7 player and can't afford 1500 ex worth of gear in a temp leage, though i am still able to make it to 90 on a new HC league. I havn't ever had a CI character with more then 11k ES, that was absolute maximum for me, and the gear on this char was really good, that i'v been farming for like a month.
Very disappointed.

Dont be sad, or upset...they are trying to bring balance. This isnt that huge as u think, like rather then put everything on ES, u may consider to use other defense mechanics or hybrid gear.

And yes it's the ES build that push u to the end game in the shortest way.

Wait for it! :)
Peace

Well, i tried a lot to make my life-based builds viable, but pretty much all of them ended up being one-shot on a high-tier map. Last league i played life based caster with kaom and mom, 9k effective life pool, and it was rect in uberlab at like lvl 89. I'm not a super fan of ES builds, i just dont see a way, at least for myself, to get to guardians or shaper as a life-bsed character.
IGN:
Invasion: pewewPewpepppewePwepw
Onslaught: SporkDatShitOutaThem
Softcore: DualSporkIsHere
Last edited by Mef on May 18, 2017, 9:33:59 AM
Rarity: Unique
Shavronne's Wrappings
Occultist's Vestment
--------
Quality: +20%
Energy Shield: 1
--------
Requirements:
Level: 72
Str: 72
Dex: 159
Int: 180
--------
No sockets
--------
10% increased Spell Damage
--------
1% increased Energy Shield
1% faster start of Energy Shield Recharge
+3% to Lightning Resistance
Reflects 1 to 25 Lightning Damage to Melee Attackers
Chaos Damage Bypasses Energy Shield sometimes.
--------
IGN : Relithh , Stronkberry
"
Toliman wrote:
"
Rippster wrote:
I see a lot of talk about a "buff" to life, is that what you call a buff? It's still going to be crap because PoE one-shot mechanics are silly.

making all the 4% and 5% nodes 6% and throwing in some additional armor would do the job.

This was an opportunity to make Life a more quality based HP pool with more percent mitigation and leave ES in the good place it is in. That way everyone wins.

i hope GGG gets it together and rethinks these nerfs.

ha. ha. funny joke. we all laugh.
"
relithh wrote:
Rarity: Unique
Shavronne's Wrappings
Occultist's Vestment
--------
Quality: +20%
Energy Shield: 1
--------
Requirements:
Level: 72
Str: 72
Dex: 159
Int: 180
--------
No sockets
--------
10% increased Spell Damage
--------
1% increased Energy Shield
1% faster start of Energy Shield Recharge
+3% to Lightning Resistance
Reflects 1 to 25 Lightning Damage to Melee Attackers
Chaos Damage Bypasses Energy Shield sometimes.
--------

"The game flips a coin and if tails, chaos damage will bypass ES now. We rearranged this mechanic because Shavronne's Wrappings allowed too often people to run 2 auras just reserving their life. Now players will have to shit in their pants occasionally, in order to balance low life builds."
"
bhavv wrote:
"
simoniknow wrote:
"
Theres a video doing the rounds in GD that someone posted to try and prove that ES is overpowered at shaper.

The character had 8k ES and didnt once get hit to below 5k. At one point he dipped to 2.5k es due to making the mistake of standing in the degen beam for too long.

Aint no reason then why people cant do shaper with 4k HP, life regen and flasks.

He was playing a trapper so easily avoiding damage.

OK, probably just me being a noob, have not seen the video please link. And the guy is not using legacy gear cosing +100 ex. a piece like broken legacy vinktar either ?

Literally just 8k ES and mines:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkszLRitBZ0

No one shot damage of much more than 3k anywhere, just degen beam to 2.5k which can be avoided / flasked if you are life.

Nice one, thanx for the link. The question is, if it is es build that is op or arc mine build !
BUT ES CAN NOT MITIGATE DAMAGE AS EFFECTIVE AS LIFE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR0MCphu03M
No idea where your numbers are coming from...obviously someone who doesn't actually play the game.
I've never had over 7k life or 11k es.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info