Energy Shield and Life

problem with es is not mainly being the value numbers but how easy it is now adays vs old time, flasks, Uniques, accendency notes, essence crafts ect ect.
"
JeanKB wrote:
"
pathfinding wrote:
It's clear that ES needed some balancing, but you should really consider the majority of the player base. How about people that have around 7-9k ES? When this nerf takes place these "mediocre" ES builds will become totally unplayable considering the natural disadvantages of ES. Let's call it a pure nerf btw, that's what it is, it doesn't even adress the problems of life builds other than by nerfing their ES colleagues to ground.

What everyone here don't get is that even 7-9k ES is too much, when life builds struggle to go past 5k HP.

And no, just powercreeping life to ES-levels won't solve it, it will just worsen the game balance even more and make one-shot mechanics even more necessary.

No, it is not even remotely "too much" considering everything you loose access to by going pure ES, from flasks, skills, and other defenses to leech (without additional skill points), all regen (without additional skill points), and any natural ability to sustain yourself without running away and waiting for a recharge to start.

Not to mention that a life build could easily get well over that much effective HP by letting other defenses go and adding ES as an additional barrier. You know, give up some defenses like pure ES builds have to do...?
Last edited by ParadoxiEvia on May 18, 2017, 10:04:44 AM
"
Giammafix wrote:
guys it's useless to cry on the forum, there are plenty of other funny games to play with, just enjoy as long as it lasts and uninstall after 3.0 to not ruin your gaming experience...back to diablo! :)
I'm so happy I won't have to buy any supporter pack because I'll probably uninstall, I find no reason in supporting a bad work.

I didnt even seen that much cry in my entire life.dude like wtf??? why you even so mad about some nerf??? this is a fucking game that a lot of ppl playing, so ofc its need some balance changes time to time.you can still play es chars if you want that much.or its just about your 800+ regalias that make you cry that much?

theres been a lot of nerfs that effect item owners..you can think about mjölner owners for example? 50+ex worth maces become 1 alc items in 1 day.we still playing because we know we can still make currency in this game.thats the real challange
"
No idea where your numbers are coming from...obviously someone who doesn't actually play the game.
I've never had over 7k life or 11k es.

They balance around 0.1% of the players. Like they probably watch some streamers like ziz. Again they not just balance but fuckin destroy. If is some kind of dimishing return above 10k ES will be fuckin fine, but they destroy completely ES builds, even worse cuz will be alot harder for poor players. And what about life? just fuckin nothing again lul. they increased mobs dmg and life several times and added many new end game bosses, but what gives to life? Some stupid hybrid roll to the rare body armor.
so you couldn't buff life and life regen? idk maybe that would require a good idea at ggg... you dip all this garbage to es instead of just buffing life...wow much brain do think
While I can somehow understand the change, are the Dev´s even aware of the fact, that not even 1% of the players has those 25k ES chars?

My highest ES is around 7-8k, if I now look at the changes I will sit at 5k max. How is this supposed to be playable?

It seems to me as GGG balances the game around a few nerds with unlimited time that can exploit the system, while they forget all the Casuals who are the majority of their clients. By taking so much value from ES items, you completely kill ES for anyone who is not the rooster at the farm.

At no time did I achieve anything like those numbers you try to justify that nerf with, yet I will suffer most under it, just like everyone else who does have a RL and not insane items bought at external websites.

You should have buffed life or fixed the one shot mechanics in your game, instead you might have made ES unplayable for casuals in future. :(

When will devs learn to not balance their games on minorities, but the majorities... *sigh*
Let's not mention the issue with the new "mind over matter"...
it's too early ...
they are still thinking that some others characters than Mana guardian use it ...
https://i.gyazo.com/e55cda0c501c296ee3223a8b7eae0854.jpg
8 players party is fun! Welcome on Path Of Exile
Last edited by Elrynastir2 on May 18, 2017, 10:16:41 AM
"
eMbbuZomg wrote:
my 22.3 k es build with 70ex on chest&shield will become 13.2k es if that ratio is correct : - )

''These changes will not apply to already-rolled modifiers'' legacy legacy
"
Joleco wrote:
They balance around 0.1% of the players. Like they probably watch some streamers like ziz. Again they not just balance but fuckin destroy. If is some kind of dimishing return above 10k ES will be fuckin fine, but they destroy completely ES builds, even worse cuz will be alot harder for poor players. And what about life? just fuckin nothing again lul. they increased mobs dmg and life several times and added many new end game bosses, but what gives to life? Some stupid hybrid roll to the rare body armor.

Didn't they also balanced leveling past 95+ to streamers that spend their entire day playing the game.
patch 3.0 notes should have this :
Volatile has been completely removed from the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info