Energy Shield and Life

"
ADFuel wrote:
While I wasn't thrilled by the Lab changes (given that it's boring and repetitive), I'm glad to see nerfs to ES. Now one must employ a modicum of skill to kill top-tier bosses. How outrageous!!

Where's the picture of the guy who had 90,000 ES? Maybe that will help people realize that ES needed to be balanced.

he reached 90k ES doing almost no damage and with an aurabot lol
now both es and life are crap and they won't nerf shaper and endgame bosses
Last edited by Giammafix on May 18, 2017, 9:01:01 AM
complain and complain, why don't we try it out first then complain
Welp, nobody will ever play ES again after these changes. Nice one.
IGN: HowDoIShotBows
"
Rexeos wrote:
"
simoniknow wrote:
Let´s see what happens. As you stated this is a beta nerf only, to see how it works out i guess. The final nerf in 3.0, may very well look different. It is a shame that life builds atm. are non existing in the endgame - and will be looking forwards to building one.

What i sincerely hope is, that GGG take all players into account. When inviting and analyzing the results of the beta, i believe that it is of utmost importance to not let streamers have the greatest saying in this, as they must be seen as a minority of the total pool of poe players (i believe that you made endgame, not only for for them ?!?).

Personally i have still not gotten Shaper down - for me it is difficult and very challenging. But then again i only have 11.5K es, only invested around 50 ex. on my build and have a lot to learn about the mechanisms still. Probably have to get him down this season, before it is too late for me ;-)

With best regards,

A player who loves your game and is so much looking forward too 3.0.

Shaper can go down at 6k es, quite fairly ok is 8k es. DPS is what matters mostly.

That may very well be true and i have seen top players do it with 6K es. I am just saying that i have not gotten him down with 11.5K es yet and still find it very difficult.

It really depends on how many % of the total player pool GGG wants to be able to do endgame. At this point i do not know how many % has been able to do e.g. shaper, but by doing this change and the dps nerf that number will probably go significant down. So for me and other players like me, this may mean not even trying to do endgame stuff and as everything else has been done a thousand times, eventually stop playing poe.

Let´s see what happens, this may also be the greatest thing to happen to poe :-)
"
Rippster wrote:
I see a lot of talk about a "buff" to life, is that what you call a buff? It's still going to be crap because PoE one-shot mechanics are silly.

making all the 4% and 5% nodes 6% and throwing in some additional armor would do the job.

This was an opportunity to make Life a more quality based HP pool with more percent mitigation and leave ES in the good place it is in. That way everyone wins.

i hope GGG gets it together and rethinks these nerfs.
Last edited by Toliman on May 18, 2017, 9:09:11 AM
These chages look like a stupid overnerf. I'm fine with changes to Vaal Pact and Zealot Oath, but what the hell are you doing with ES stats? I really hoped you were going to BUFF life-based builds to make em viable, not to NERF ES ones, because it's not ES builds are OP, it's life-build that are completely useless if one's going to make it to the end-game content. Who are you looking at, GGG? 25000 ES pre nerf? Really, GGG? I'm not a 24/7 player and can't afford 1500 ex worth of gear in a temp leage, though i am still able to make it to 90 on a new HC league. I havn't ever had a CI character with more then 11k ES, that was absolute maximum for me, and the gear on this char was really good, that i'v been farming for like a month.
Very disappointed.
IGN:
Invasion: pewewPewpepppewePwepw
Onslaught: SporkDatShitOutaThem
Softcore: DualSporkIsHere
Last edited by Mef on May 18, 2017, 9:16:20 AM
"
simoniknow wrote:
"
Rexeos wrote:
"
simoniknow wrote:
Let´s see what happens. As you stated this is a beta nerf only, to see how it works out i guess. The final nerf in 3.0, may very well look different. It is a shame that life builds atm. are non existing in the endgame - and will be looking forwards to building one.

What i sincerely hope is, that GGG take all players into account. When inviting and analyzing the results of the beta, i believe that it is of utmost importance to not let streamers have the greatest saying in this, as they must be seen as a minority of the total pool of poe players (i believe that you made endgame, not only for for them ?!?).

Personally i have still not gotten Shaper down - for me it is difficult and very challenging. But then again i only have 11.5K es, only invested around 50 ex. on my build and have a lot to learn about the mechanisms still. Probably have to get him down this season, before it is too late for me ;-)

With best regards,

A player who loves your game and is so much looking forward too 3.0.

Shaper can go down at 6k es, quite fairly ok is 8k es. DPS is what matters mostly.

That may very well be true and i have seen top players do it with 6K es. I am just saying that i have not gotten him down with 11.5K es yet and still find it very difficult.

It really depends on how many % of the total player pool GGG wants to be able to do endgame. At this point i do not know how many % has been able to do e.g. shaper, but by doing this change and the dps nerf that number will probably go significant down. So for me and other players like me, this may mean not even trying to do endgame stuff and as everything else has been done a thousand times, eventually stop playing poe.

Let´s see what happens, this may also be the greatest thing to happen to poe :-)

Theres a video doing the rounds in GD that someone posted to try and prove that ES is overpowered at shaper.

The character had 8k ES and didnt once get hit to below 5k. At one point he dipped to 2.5k es due to making the mistake of standing in the degen beam for too long.

Aint no reason then why people cant do shaper with 4k HP, life regen and flasks.

He was playing a trapper so easily avoiding damage.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on May 18, 2017, 9:12:10 AM
"
"
Good changes! It took a very long time though.

Next thing is to decrease boss potential one shot damage and increase trash mob damage greatly! -15% for all endgame boss damage and +50-100% to white mobs.

Trash hasnt been scary for a long time and the best poe experiences was back when charging rhoas hit you like a truck :D

How true

Boss fights are the worst.
8k ES, not OP 60k fireball, build idea that I had for 3.0 is now dead.

Don't have much ES because it will negatively impact my damage output. With these changes I need to invest more into ES (while the idea already used 700+ ES chest) which in turn makes my dmg crap.

Since pure ES builds mostly don't have any other form of mitigation (phys reduction, high block, dodge, whatever else), they sometimes go for VP+GR to survive some sketchy situations. This makes it harder in terms of survivability, especially since we will have less ES.

Don't get me wrong, ES needed a nerf for sure, but I feel like a lot of ES builds that are designed not to abuse the current system (as was my 3.0 idea) will now be obsolete because "balancing" is done looking at the meta only.

TLDR: fun non-op non-meta diverse ES builds go bye bye.
"
Balkanbeton wrote:
THIS IS THE BIGGEST TRASH UPDATE I HAVE EVER SEEN IN ANY KIND OF A GAME I COME ACTUALLY FROM DRAKENSANG ONLINE I SPEND THERE 15K € AND WAS PLAY IT FOR AROUND 3YEARS (19.459HOUR'S PLAYTIME BEST TANK IN 2014/15) BUT LEFT THE GAME ALSO BECAUSE OF TRASH UPADATE'S ! BUT THIS HERE IS EVEN MORE WORSE HOW YOU CAN LOWER THE ES OR OTHER NOTES JUST HOW I THINKIN MYSELF IF YOU PLAY EVEN YOUR STUPID GAME SELF ,IF YOU WALKIN AROUND WITH 15K ES OR 20K YOUR STILL A ONESHOT IN THE ARENA OR PVP TO A OFFENSIV LVL 80-85 PLAYER AS A lvl 100 -_- (EGOSHOTER CONFIRMED) !!!!
THERE IS SO MUCH TO FIX AND BALANCE BUT YOU NOOBS REALLY MAKE THIS TO US YOU ARE MUST BE TOTALLY AMATUER'S AND DEFENTLY NO HARDCORE GAMER'S ! YOUR GAME IS NOT THAT GOOD HOW YOU THINK ,THIS COMPANY IS THE BIGGEST JOKE WHEN IT COMES TO REAL BALANCE SPECIALLY IN PvP !

THIS IS SO RIDICULOUS AND DISGUTSING I COULD THROW UP !

I HOPE YOUR SHIT UPDATE WILL NEVER COME ,HATEFULL GRETTINGS ,I SEEN YOUR COMPANY NOW TAKE THE ROAD OF THE LOSER'S SIDE ACTUALLY YOU WAS ALLWAYS WALKIN THIS ROAD PFFF... YOU WILL NEVER REACH ANY KIND OF A EMOTIONAL STAGE IN THIS GAME NOT IN PVP OR PVE DOSEN'T CARE HOW MUCH YOU WILL UPDATE OR HOW NICE THE SKILLTREE WILL LOOK BECAUSE WHEN IT COMES BACK TO REAL BALANCE YOUR JUST SUCKS THERE IS NO WAY OR ANY KIND OF A POSSIBILITY TO PLAY A REAL TACTICAL MATCH PVP OR PVE IS THE SAME IS JUST FLAT AS TEXAS THERE IS NOTHING IS JUST SO FLAT THAT IS IT SAD AGAIN YOU GUYS YOU THINK YOU MADE A DEEP GAME HAH HAH I CAN ONLY LAUGHT ABOUT THIS !

YOU GUYS HAVE REALLY SOME BALLS TO MAKE CHANCES LIKE THIS ...HAVE FUN IN YOUR NOOBAS ZERO SKILL GAME
I WILL DEFNETLY STOP HERE THE GAME WHAT A WASTE TO MUCH TIME IS OVER AND NOTHING POSITIV HAPPEND ,BUT IN THE END WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM A F2P BULLSHIT ,THIS IS NOT A MMORPG AND NOT A HACK & SLAY THIS IS JUST A WASTE OF TIME AND SELL PEOPLE FOR STUPID ,PFHAHA IT DOESENT NOT EVEN EXISCT A PVP RANGLIST WITH WIN/LOSE WHY NOT BETTER CANCEL THE HOLE PVP OUT OF THE GAME

Do you seriously play this game for PvP ? I'm laughing so hard haha
IGN: TeslaChronos / Face_Tankit

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info