Changes to the Labyrinth

For new players Labyrinth is a complete waste of time. One small mistake with the instant HC style of death is absolutely dumb. Many new players are still trying to figure out mechanics and understand how bad the burst damages hurt. I understand that there has to be a penalty. If you die then that area gets RESET, no more trying to memorize each phase of it just to become a bot through it.

The largest and simplest change is to a maximum of three areas, obtain key, open door, fight Izaro for each class style one for DEX, STR and INT based classes. There are some locations that ranged excel and other sections where they get nerfed so hard that it is pointless to do. The Lab lasts a day thing has to go as well. If there is a set of maps or areas that are just not setup in a way to solve then you waste time even attempting the runs. Traps are just stupid in the amount of stack damage they apply.
The Lab is total garbage, no matter how you try to dress it up. You put lipstick on a pig, and it's still a pig in the end.
The Lab, making a great game good since 2016.
"
sherkhan wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
The Plaza will contain a place to slam the Offering, that's pretty obvious tbh.

Unsaid things aren't "pretty obvious".

Being smarmy about it doesn't change the fact.

LOL, yes, ditto. Thank You! I am not sure how some people get off on this "shaming" shit. This other person commented "the Lab is neither fun nor challenging..." ugh, speak for yourself, dude. Then don't bloody do it.

I agree, it was not obvious what will be happenign to the Offerings. However, with the mentioning that the Sarn Entrance to the Plaza would now act like a crafting bench, I wonder if Offerings will be the currency used to open the different Tiers of difficulty.

Also, on my mind... GGG might have used this announcement as an opportunity to coin new names for "Normal / Cruel / Merc / Uber" Labs... ;) They are probably waiting for the community's creativity for this.
The problem i see with the lab, is there is alot of loading screens, there is RAIN, and it is as punishing as HC is, thats why people dont like it, the idea of the lab isnt that bad, but several things makes it one of the worst experience on the game.
In my opinion they should remove it or give it a complete rework (from scratch).
Last edited by Avazaladore on May 15, 2017, 9:06:57 PM
"
Bowman8763 wrote:
The Lab is total garbage, no matter how you try to dress it up. You put lipstick on a pig, and it's still a pig in the end.

Disagree. I like the Lab. I think it is fun. I think the Ascendancy Points are worth running it. Sure, areas could use improvement, esp. w/ lag and certain trap combos, but overall, I think it adds value to the game. PoE lets you choose what areas of the game you really want to spend a lot of time on. It's an ARGP so the grind and RNG is all core to the spirit of that.
I really don't get the hate for the lab to be honest. It's actually a piece of content that's different and refreshing, unless you have an abysmal build it's 10-20min x3 for a character while the benefit is generally immense for the character.

No one is forced to play the lab outside of that, 1hr max per character is sweet FA in the grand scheme of things.

People just want this game on easy mode, it's stupid. I play exclusively hardcore and I've died heaps of times in the lab due to being an idiot on the traps or underestimating Izaro's buffs etc, but generally that was my fault and I should have been more careful.

95% of builds that aren't crazy hipster snowflakes can do lab fine in an inconsequential amount of time.

GGG's changes look like they are going to make the lab less of a chore (for those that hate it) while still keeping it relevant.

If you want all build bonuses for no effort go play another ARPG that does it.
Please allow for another way to get ascendancy points. Lab is tedious and keeping a lot of fun builds from ever becoming viable by blocking their access to necessary ascendancy points. Build diversity would go up with a change to way labs work. Give them an incentive for players who like to play them and don't make them necessary for builds to progress into endgame.
For me it is those traps, bad confusing layout and the one portal limit that makes hate the lab so much.
"
git67 wrote:
I really don't get the hate for the lab to be honest. It's actually a piece of content that's different and refreshing, unless you have an abysmal build it's 10-20min x3 for a character while the benefit is generally immense for the character.

No one is forced to play the lab outside of that, 1hr max per character is sweet FA in the grand scheme of things.

People just want this game on easy mode, it's stupid. I play exclusively hardcore and I've died heaps of times in the lab due to being an idiot on the traps or underestimating Izaro's buffs etc, but generally that was my fault and I should have been more careful.

95% of builds that aren't crazy hipster snowflakes can do lab fine in an inconsequential amount of time.

GGG's changes look like they are going to make the lab less of a chore (for those that hate it) while still keeping it relevant.

Agree!

Also, to all the haters who are bemoaning their plight as HC players... maybe don't play HC then? it's not as if the game doesn't give you choices.
"
git67 wrote:

I imagine that you have a good pc, imagine the people who doesnt, imagine you getting DC'ed at the last loading screend to the last izaro fight? imagine your fps droping to 5 because of the areas with rain? but hey the same pc can run most of the maps just fine, do some bosses and other content, but you are forced to do the labs ''just once'' and you will have to face all that frustating thing i told before, so ye, how does it feel? buy a new pc? not everyone can afford it, and the game will lose players, and you will lose with it too, if the game have more players they will generate more money, and make new content easier, faster, etc...just think about it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info